2006 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2006 Recruits

NDSU has recieved their first two verbal committments both residing from the state of North Dakota.

Comment

Some additional players from Minnesota that SDSU is apparently looking at along with other regional schools:

Charles Quigley 6'2 215 Fullback Totino Grace
      Tyler Macomber 6'3 185 WR Elk River
      Jalon Hopkins 5'10 175 RB Minnetonka

Comment

Has anyone heard news on the South Dakota's most recruited football players: Anthony Thompson of Sioux Falls Roosvelt and Quincy Christie of Pierre. Trevor Cook of Sioux Falls Washington has signed with Miami of Ohio.

Comment

I'm not sure about Thompson, but NDSU is heavily recruiting Quincy Christie, and I believe he is scheduled for a visit sometime in January. Christie's classmate, Michael Tweidt signed with the Bison back in November.

Comment

SDSU is also recruiting Christie aggressively.
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I believe Christie is the grandson of Mitchell Basketball coach Gary Munson.

Comment

RTR’s Minett verbally commits to SDSU

By Tom Berg
                tberg@marshallindependent.com

Russell-Tyler-Ruthton senior Kyle Minett, a two-time Independent Player of the Year in football, has verbally committed to play football at South Dakota State.
                Minett plans to sign a letter of intent during the football signing period in February.
                Minett, the state of Minnesota’s second all-time leading rusher, said the decision came down to two Division I-AA programs — South Dakota State and North Dakota State.
                “The (scholarship) offer was the same for both; it’s a matter of where I felt more comfortable,” Minett said. “I based my decision off of that.
                “They both like to establish the running game. They both have very good programs...there’s a bright future for both of them. I felt a little more comfortable with the coaching staff at Brookings (S.D.).”
                Minett said that SDSU had expressed interest since his sophomore year.
                “Ever since my sophomore year, they always had a lot of interest in me,” Minett said. “They really wanted me bad.”
                Minett, who had considered playing for the University of Minnesota, said the Gophers’ depth at running back played a role in his decision.
                “I felt the opportunity there, because of there being so many backs — wasn’t going to work out,” Minett said.
                The RTR athlete, a three-time Independent All-Area player in football, finished his three-year career with 6,176 rushing yards and 76 touchdowns.
                That’s second all-time, behind McLeod West graduate Tyler Evans, who went on to play at the University of South Dakota.
                Minett plans to redshirt in the fall of 2006.
                “A redshirt was the best choice for me,” Minett said.
                “It can’t hurt. It’ll give me more time to get bigger, stronger and faster. it’ll make me a lot more prepared for my redshirt freshman year.”
                SDSU finished 6-5 a year ago. Two of those losses were by eight points or less.
                “I think it is (a good fit),” Minett said. “I know I definitely can play at that level. (SDSU is) playing some of the big schools...it’s a real high level of competition. I’m very confident I can play at that level.”
                Go State! Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                  I believe Christie is the grandson of Mitchell Basketball coach Gary Munson.
                  Not quite correct. Quincy is the younger brother of Scott Munson's wife...so he's Scott's brother-in-law. Scott is Gary's son. Quincy has lived with Scott's family since he was a little kid so he has a father/son relationship with Scott. He's a good kid.

Comment

Russell-Tyler-Ruthton senior Kyle Minett, a two-time Independent Player of the Year in football, has verbally committed to play football at South Dakota State.
                    This is a great recruit to land. Local kid, Tyler is only a hour or so from Brookings I believe. Should generate some local interest from Minnesota. There is alot of Minnesota with in hour, hour and half drive of Brookings. With SDSU generating more local interest, we should remember that it doesn't neccessarily mean South Dakota.

Comment

Jacks have just lost another big in-state lineman to NDSU. Chris Wellenstein 6'6 270lbs from Centerville is heading to Fargo next year. Chris was a member of the Argus Leader Elite 45.

Comment

I looking at Quincy Christie's stats, I noticed that Mike Busch was the coach at Pierre. Is this the same Mike Busch that was QB for the Jacks in the mid 80's? If so, maybe he can influence Christie to attend State ;D.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

It is the same Mike Busch but not sure about the answer to the second part of your question.

Comment

http://www.bisoninsider.com/recruitwatch.html

Here is a list of verbal committments and some of the players NDSU may be considering. Hit the Recruiting button at the top of the page.

Comment

Two other players the Jacks showing interest in:

Joel Quick-Reciever-Johnston (Iowa) Lists UNI,SDSU and Winona State as his top 3. Has made an official visit to SDSU.

Taylor Brookins-Runnning Back-Cedar Falls,Iowa is interested in MN State,USD,SDSU,NW Missouri State,UNI and Iowa. Iowa has asked him to walk on.

Comment

I realize SDSU has recruited these players also...but they need to find a way to keep some of these big in state OL in the state and not Fargo.

Comment

Working...
                                X