• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNI

and we got it

Comment

How about a quick score and getting the onside kick?
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I've lost feed

Comment

Kardoes sacked back at the 49 yard line. 3rd & 12.

Now a fumble, we recover but the damage is done. 1:12 to go. 4th and a mile.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

how did it finish out?

Comment

Incomplete pass on 4th and 22.

UNI can run out the clock.

The loss hurts, but at least it's not a hide-yourself-in-the-closet-for-a-week kind of loss.

I think we saw why Kardoes is the coach's favorite today. Gutty performance, from the sound of it.

Berry was pretty obviously not ready to come in when Kardoes came out. He needs to work on that.

UNI ripped us to shreds on the ground.

Still, some signs of life for the Rabbits . . . we absolutely dominated the first half.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

UNI gets ball back and down it for the 27-17 win

Comment

0-3 I got to listen to the game til half, then come back at the end and ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                    Incomplete pass on 4th and 22.

The loss hurts, but at least it's not a hide-yourself-in-the-closet-for-a-week kind of loss.

I think we saw why Kardoes is the coach's favorite today.  Gutty performance, from the sound of it.

Still, some signs of life for the Rabbits . . . we absolutely dominated the first half.
                    Very accurate. Today, the Jacks lost a football game. A couple of weeks ago we were embarassed.

Comment

Agree with most of what you say Filbert.  Still an embarassing loss, UND beat UNI last week.  I will admit UND has a great football program, but this loss doesn't say much for the state of SDSU or UNI football for that matter.  We did sound better than past weeks though, and I was impressed with Andy's play...Much Better.  I just can't believe we get outscored 24-0 in the second half.  No adjustments at all, UNI only passed maybe two or three times all second half and we couldn't stop the run at all.  To me, that smells of being outcoached by the UNI staff.
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

It means they're bigger and stronger up front than we are, and they finally realized they could dominate the line, and did.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDak
                          It means they're bigger and stronger up front than we are, and they finally realized they could dominate the line, and did.  

I wasn't at the game, obviously, but at some point in the second half don't we put nine in the box and make them pass to beat us. Or do we just continue to let them run ten yards or more at a time...
                          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Stig:
                            It was a disappointing second half, I guess everyone will wonder what happened. #1, they came out and played better than we did. I'm disappointed with our run defense. It's just a disappointing second half.

Our kids played with confidence in the first half. Andy came to play, our fat guys were doing the job.

Kubisch made a great play, he was in the right spot. (Interception to set up the 2nd touchdown)

Had we played closer to perfect, we could have had 28 points (in the first half), I pointed that out to the team.

They were very simple in their running game, just one-gap football. Need to look at the tape--they ran the ball too easy all game.

We started out with three dumb penalties, then we settled in. We did a lot better, we played more mature, that's a positive of this game.

Andy got hit face-up by a safety, he was a little dinged, Ryan came in--that (play) was my fault, I never should have had Ryan throw that pass (his interception).

I call it fifth-grade football, there was no surprise, no misdirection in what they did. We're 2-deep in every position, the linebackers play on special teams, I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses but it's a battle out there.

We just have to play every play, handle the ball, and we didn't. (the late fumble).

We're using Gateway officials for our home games, these guys are some of the best to deal with. What disappoints me most is when rules are black and white, they got that panther noise going on when they're kicking off, it bugged me that we had to put up with that kind of distratction.

We finished last (in this football game today), I don't care if we're playing anywhere, we're going to play to win. We should have won this game.

Mental sharpness as well as physical sharpness--these kids are winners, there's not doubt in my mind about that. We'll be back.
                            Not a word about halftime adjustments.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Well, time to settle in for Tennessee-Florida.

Rocky Top!!!!!
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I was not even able to listen to the game yestereday, so am relying on this thread for info. It looks like we started off good. Our defense is very young in certain positions so it had to be another long afternoon for those guys. I am surprised we had trouble stopping the run, but the half time adjustments by UNI must have done that.

Having a half time lead is something we did not have in the other two games. so maybe something positive will start to happen. Maybe our trips to Louisiana will be ones to remember. I have not given up yet, but its not as bright at this point as I thought might be.

Comment

Working...
                                X