Football's future upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Football's future upgrades

This is just a rough drawing I made using SketchUp. I used the layout in from the media guide for the indoor facility and tried to scale it to the football field. It is not the preliminary renderings of the new football field, although I imagine they are somewhat similar. I'm not sure what the new indoor facility will look like, so I just made a generic building resembling many indoor facilities, and the stadium is a pretty standard design. I thought the new North endzone facility would include an idoor field, and I would hope they would have an indoor field for $12-$15 million. Anyway, I was just trying to show what the layout could look like. If I saw a drawing of the new indoor facility I could probably alter the drawing to look pretty close if anyone has one. I will probably play with this drawing and try to add in more detail on the stadium and the grounds.

Comment

JACKPOT!
      http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.../NEWS/71010061
      Next Thursday in Rapid City, South Dakota State will seek permission from the South Dakota Board of Regents to move forward on a project that would likely be one of the most substantial, and certainly the most expensive, in athletic department history.

According to the budget and finance committee agenda posted Wednesday on the Regents’ Web site, SDSU will make a preliminary facility statement regarding a student-athlete development center. Basically, SDSU executive vice president for administration Michael Reger will request approval to develop a preliminary design for the first phase of a privately-funded facility that would house coaches offices, locker rooms and team rooms for the school’s football, baseball, softball, soccer, track and field, cross country and tennis programs, plus an academic center, a weight room, space for hospitality and exhibits and athletic training facilities.

The building would be located beyond the north end zone of Coughlin-Alumni Stadium and could eventually be expanded to include an indoor fieldhouse training facility.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
        Yeah, I posted that here:

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...5164#post65164

since it includes all outdoor sports and not just football. Moderators, can you make my earlier thread sleep with the fishes?
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Is that meeting open to the public? I would consider making the trip down to rapid for it..

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
            Is that meeting open to the public? I would consider making the trip down to rapid for it..
            Board of Regents meetings (with the exception of executive sessions to deal with personnel matters) are open to the public. Observing one usually offers a good lesson about the inner workings of government.

Comment

Here is a perspective with the old grandstands on the West side and new grandstands on the East side.

And here is how I got the design for the North endzone facility. I just copied the plans from the media guide, but I know this was just a preliminary design anyway. I'm sure the actual facility will be much more asthetically pleasing.

Sorry for the size of the images, moderators if there is a way to resize them let me know.

Comment

your pretty good at that when I use sketch up I can maybe get a line or two before it looks like garbage..... As far as the building I would hope that they would go with a flat roof with as least possible glare material (windows, tin, anything) since SDSU plays alot of day games it could become a problem with glare.... I have played baseball and football with buildings in the background that glare and its not fun..... Overall I believe that it will be done in steps first they will get the building done then go with the east side grandstand then with the west side.....

Comment

your pretty good at that when I use sketch up I can maybe get a line or two before it looks like garbage..... As far as the building I would hope that they would go with a flat roof with as least possible glare material (windows, tin, anything) since SDSU plays alot of day games it could become a problem with glare.... I have played baseball and football with buildings in the background that glare and its not fun..... Overall I believe that it will be done in steps first they will get the building done then go with the east side grandstand then with the west side.....
                  Notice the tennis courts in the center of the track. They require a height of 38' above the net. Most indoor courts have a pitched roof over them to save on construction and utilities cost. An exception is the Young Center at BH which has a high flat roof over the entire track/tennis area. Your right it would look good but cost more in the end.

Comment

I agree with most parts but I thought there was going to be a fieldhouse (indoor track) also as part of the building? I do know that its not going to be a 100yd indoor football field..... Other then the building though which I think its hard to picture what size, shape, and feel of the building is the diagram is great..... I do hope though that the building ties into the stadium I have seen buildings as part of stadiums and some tie in great and some look like sore thumbs.
                    The indoor facility is another seperate project, which is in the Master Plan but is not a part of this step. Again, the Student Athletic Center project, which goes to the Regent's planning committee meeting next week, is just what I described to you, a 30,000+ square foot building to house lockers, coaches offices, weight and training rooms, team meeting rooms and athletic study areas.

And while the indoor facility would be great...the need to rebuild the stadium grandstands will probably take precedent after the building is under construction.

Comment

I received a call from one the hospital administrators inviting me to share a seat in one of the private boxes at the dome this weekend (its D-days). Needless to say, I don't think I'll be accepting. It is intriguing but I just don't think I want to waste my Saturday afternoon in Vermillion. That said, I think we could definitely sell some private boxes at CAS if they become available. Does anyone know if the east side bleachers will have any private boxes when constructed?
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        I received a call from one the hospital administrators inviting me to share a seat in one of the private boxes at the dome this weekend (its D-days). Needless to say, I don't think I'll be accepting. It is intriguing but I just don't think I want to waste my Saturday afternoon in Vermillion. That said, I think we could definitely sell some private boxes at CAS if they become available. Does anyone know if the east side bleachers will have any private boxes when constructed?
                        My understanding is that the Student Athlete Development Center in the north end zone may have some meeting rooms on an upper floor on the field side that could be used as luxury boxes on game days.

I can't imagine that any new stadium wouldn't include luxury boxes. When we were at Youngstown and toured the facilities there, special attention was paid to the luxury boxes or "loges" as they called them.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                          My understanding is that the Student Athlete Development Center in the north end zone may have some meeting rooms on an upper floor on the field side that could be used as luxury boxes on game days.

I can't imagine that any new stadium wouldn't include luxury boxes. When we were at Youngstown and toured the facilities there, special attention was paid to the luxury boxes or "loges" as they called them.
                          This is what I understood also. If you look at the stadium at McNeese, they had a large number of "loges" above their grandstand. Their grandstand had less slope than our current stand at CAS. I'd imagine we could build something similar on the east side of CAS, "loges" included.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I love this post...rep points!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HoboD View Post
                              Notice the tennis courts in the center of the track. They require a height of 38' above the net. Most indoor courts have a pitched roof over them to save on construction and utilities cost. An exception is the Young Center at BH which has a high flat roof over the entire track/tennis area. Your right it would look good but cost more in the end.
                              Ya I do understand you though.... we do have a really nice fieldhouse out here speaking of that I better get to tennis class in the fieldhouse..... I just hope they do a very good job tying the building into the stadium.

Comment

I think we want to keep these on the west side due the sun set. At the start of night games early in the season and at the end of afternoon games late in the season the sun shines directly on the east side of the stadium. We probably don't want our highest paying ticket holders to have to stare into the sun during portions of games.
                                Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                                X