News about Student Athlete Development Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News about Student Athlete Development Center

The project is going to the Board of Regents for preliminary planning approval:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.../NEWS/71010061

Money quote (literally):

"Jackrabbits athletic director Fred Oien estimated that SDSU would need at least 30,000 square feet to accommodate so many programs and, although he wouldn’t get into costs, he said that “a substantial half” of the funding has been acquired – and with minimal solicitation."
    Holy nutmeg!

Re: News about Student Athlete Development Center

If I had to guess I would bet that a certain banker in Sioux Falls would be involved in one way shape or form.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

This is great news. New football locker rooms are sorely needed. Most of the bigger high schools have nicer facilities. It's past time for a major upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by oldalum View Post
        This is great news. New football locker rooms are sorely needed. Most of the bigger high schools have nicer facilities. It's past time for a major upgrade.
        True...past time for a lot of things...but moving to D-I meant scholarships and coaches come first...with the physical needs moving in as fast as possible. Right now the on-campus baseball field is looking good and will be used in the spring...the softball complex is nearing completion...at least first phase of it...the Frost Arena's addition on the north side for lockerrooms for women's basketball, volleyball and swimming is almost closed in...and now the announcement has been made on the $12-15 million Student Athlete Development Center is proof we're moving fast on the right track.

Still many needs...but when you also see the new $12 million Wellness Center reaching enclosed stage, understand the Dairy addition will be going soon, understand that the space has been cleared for Harding Hall South (for electrical engineering) and can see the plans on the $32 million replacement of part of Shepherd Hall and the Chemistry building has Regents approval and state funding...you get a picture of tremendous changes going on at SDSU.

Comment

This preliminary facility statement was just approved. A program plan will still need to be approved at the December meeting. SDSU must show where the money for M&R and operations will come from at the December meeting before it will go on the to legislature but phase I of the preliminary facility statement approval is complete.

Comment

Thanks for the info, el presidente. I either misread it or it was misreported, because I thought the directive was that they had to have all the capital funding in hand or accounted for. Like your explanation a lot better!

Comment

Working...
            X