Western Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Western Illinois

I see no reason SDSU can not win the opener, but I expect the game will have its challenges. It may not be as easy as Neckid implies.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      I see no reason SDSU can not win the opener, but I expect the game will have its challenges. It may not be as easy as Neckid implies.
      Nekid's scouting report has caused the Jack's to call off the remainder of two a days and prepare exclusively for their second road test.

Following this contest I hope we can get him a job with SDSU's Dept. of Misinfor...I mean Communications. He does have a gift.

Comment

Originally posted by Haldersham View Post
        I can recall making two trips to Macomb (1977-1983) when I lived in suburban Chicago and SDSU played Western in football. Seems like we won one of those games and the other one we played them close. Without the question the WNIT has open a number of eyes. Especially those who have encountered SDSU before.

Western Illinois's use of leatherneck has baffled me for a long time. Its also USMC terminology and not sure where it came from. Also Western uses a pugged nose dog as a symbol of being a leather neck. Time to do a google.

I hope SDSU opened some eyes at the Missouri track meet. We can do it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Hanson

Comment

Hello Jack fans.

Obviously, Neckid is not being completely honest. There are some roads that lead to Macomb. The main concern is not straying away from the main one. There are some back roads where if you pull over and roll down the window, you can hear banjos and enjoy the fresh aroma of ether emitting from a hot, bubbling meth lab.

Comment

Originally posted by NeckTied View Post
            Hello Jack fans.

Obviously, Neckid is not being completely honest. There are some roads that lead to Macomb. The main concern is not straying away from the main one. There are some back roads where if you pull over and roll down the window, you can hear banjos and enjoy the fresh aroma of ether emitting from a hot, bubbling meth lab.

Of course he isn't being completely honest. After all, he signed it "Pinocchio". By the end of that post his nose had to be long enough to reach almost to Peoria.

As for the hot, bubbling meth lab, what ever happened to the good old days when it would have just been hot, bubbling corn mash?
            Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2...c820726281.txt

Gateway preview: WIU looks to regain past glory

By Randy Reinhardt
              rreinhardt@pantagraph.com

A span of eight seasons ending in 2003 saw the Western Illinois football team post seven winning records, earn six playoff berths and claim four Gateway Conference championships.

Over the past three years, however, the Leathernecks have been 14-19 with a trio of finishes in the bottom half of the Gateway standings.

Western Illinois coach Don Patterson has been there before and he wants to go back.

But how?

“We had a pretty good team last year,” said Patterson of a 5-6 Western squad. “But in this league, that’s not enough.”

Illinois State, Youngstown State, Northern Iowa and Southern Illinois have finished in the top four of the Gateway the past two seasons. And the Gateway preseason poll predicts those four teams to stay there.

The conference also is well represented in the Street and Smith’s preseason Football Championship Subdivision national rankings with Northern Iowa No. 5, ISU No. 8, Youngstown State No. 10 and Southern Illinois No. 20.

“This is a very competitive conference,” Patterson said. “To win it, you have to win close games, stay healthy and get a little luck.” . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

This is my first post on sdsu. I have enjoyed reading all the comentary and oppinions. SDSU is a quality instituion, which along with NDSU I am glad have gained admitance into the GATEWAY (premier FCS Football league).
                I felt some letdown last year when Western Kentucky announced their departure for the Sun Belt. However, when it became reality that SDSU and NDSU would be part of the GATEWAY my spirits lifted.

Anyway I look forward to the Jack rabbits comming to town. Crazy for me to see but the 550 plus miles to Macomb accualey is the Rabbits closest away game.

Comment

Welcome Western 101..... Looking forward to our trip to Macomb next week.

Go Jacks !!!!!
                  http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

With our connections with Western IL in both the Gateway and Summit Leagues, I can see Western turning into our #2 rival (after NDSU) in both leagues.

Good Luck to the Leathernecks! Just not against the Jacks! :P

Comment

After months of planning I got shipped to Buffalo, New York for the next 3 weeks. I hope everyone has fun at the game.
                      Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                      -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

3 days until the start to the 2007 season.......anybody ready? I'll see you in Macomb

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
                        http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

I'll be watching on the web, but I'm ready for the season to start. I went ahead and took Thursday off because I figured I wouldn't be getting much done at the office anyway with my brain on football all day.

Go Jacks !!!
                          “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Good Luck, footballfan and Jacks. I'll be pulling for you!!

Comment

I hope to be watching on the web and listening to WNAX. Hopefully the webcast is working. I understand there were some problems with the VB gamecast.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

You said you will be watching the game on line. How do you do that? I have listened to games but not watched. Show me the way.
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X