Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angel Johnson, Viborg-Hurley with a verbal to SDSU.

Comment

Tyler Feldkamp, WR from SF Roosevelt is a verbal for SDSU.

Comment

SD kids that have verballed:

Reece Burckhard - Aberdeen Central
        Regan Bollweg - Pierre
        Tucker Large - SF Roosevelt
        Josh Buri - Brookings (*via Minnesota)
        Michael Paulson - SF Roosevelt
        Jack Green - St Thomas More
        Angel Johnson - Viborg-Hurley
        Tyler Feldkamp - SF Roosevelt
        Wyatt Bray - Britton-Hecla
        Jackson Hilton - Brandon Valley
        Ethan Headlee - Harrisburg
        Coby Maeschen - Dell Rapids
        Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 12-07-2020, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          SD kids that have verballed:

Reece Burckhard - Aberdeen Central
          Regan Bollweg - Pierre
          Tucker Large - SF Roosevelt
          Josh Buri - Brookings (*via Minnesota)
          Michael Paulson - SF Roosevelt
          Jack Green - St Thomas More
          Angel Johnson - Viborg-Hurley
          Tyler Feldkamp - SF Roosevelt
          Wyatt Bray - Britton-Hecla

This is really a solid, talented group of recruits from the home state. Now add Jackson Hilton to finish off instate recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

This is really a solid, talented group of recruits from the home state. Now add Jackson Hilton to finish off instate recruiting.

Done

Comment

Not much question on where the best in South Dakota want to play and who is truly South Dakota's team. After watching the Nebraska/Iowa game you wonder what could have been with Seth Benson and Luke Reimer at SDSU.

Comment

Here's an updated recruitment list from Jackrabbit Illustrated. Check it out. Thanks for the info, JI!

https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...xmPRg6GHpvGN04
                This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                  Here's an updated recruitment list from Jackrabbit Illustrated. Check it out. Thanks for the info, JI!

https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...xmPRg6GHpvGN04
                  Thanks, I was just coming to post this!
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

Do you have any idea how many scholarships are available ? There are 16 seniors listed on the roster, but a number of players opted out and more have left, or are leaving SDSU. Plus then you add in how many seniors will take advantage of the extra year of eligibility, and it's enough to make my head spin.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

Amazing how many of the South Dakota recruits committing in are at the "skill" positions.

Comment

Ethan Headlee, OL from Harrisburg with a PWO offer from SDSU. His two brothers played at USD. His parents are owners of the SF Storm. He is a top 5 lineman in SD this year.

Comment

The common theme with this class seems to be versatility and athleticism. A QB like Jase Bauer or Marcus Morgan would be the perfect way to wrap up the class.

Comment

I really like Jase Bauer. Would love to see him come up here to play. Just led Ankeny to a state championship, took out Dowling Catholic in the semis.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Do you have any idea how many scholarships are available ? There are 16 seniors listed on the roster, but a number of players opted out and more have left, or are leaving SDSU. Plus then you add in how many seniors will take advantage of the extra year of eligibility, and it's enough to make my head spin.
                              Yeah, I think that is certainly a factor in this class. The roster is obviously changing and just because a senior said they wanted to come back for a 6th year in September doesn't mean they actually will next fall (not saying this is the case). It honestly is super hard to know because of how scholarships are split or given for 3 years or 2 years. I don't have an answer for that. I'd look for us to add a QB still (Bauer, Morgan, or Cade Rice), maybe a scholarship OL (Derreck Brown from AZ), maybe a true difference maker at WR (Bryce Lance or Dorian Singer) and a few more PWO type players. This class may actually be done in December and we sign no one in Feb.
                              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I watched an interview with Scott Frost coach of Nebraska and he indicated due to the pandemic they have focused more on the region for recruiting. They have also experienced a lack of retention with south Florida athletes and need to focus more on the person and so those that would thrive at Nebraska and less on the athlete. Not being able to bring recruits in has pushed many schools to take a regional recruiting approach and it may work out for the best in many instances. We have definitely seen this at SDSU for 2021. It appears USD with lack of success in the region has had to go further out.

Comment

Working...
                                X