This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post

I agree there seems to be a lot of athletes to could end up as either WR/DB. Hilton at CB would be kind of surprising. 6'3/6'4 is very rare size for a CB, which is why I see him as more as a WR or even LB in the Backaus mold (tall, but somewhat undersized with speed). QB is going to be really interesting with Gibbs and Heide as the experienced "verterans", but I love the tape for Gronowski and Rice.
    I've never seen Hilton in person. Is he a legit 6'3/6'4?

With the QB depth, it makes me wonder if Rudy Voss or Karst Hunter make a move to H-Back/Swing TE like Tasum Hill. Maybe a pipe dream but I think they had talked about it for Kanin Nelson this summer. Just a small package of plays for that specific player that the opposing defense would have to prep for during a game week.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

I've never seen Hilton in person. Is he a legit 6'3/6'4?

With the QB depth, it makes me wonder if Rudy Voss or Karst Hunter make a move to H-Back/Swing TE like Tasum Hill. Maybe a pipe dream but I think they had talked about it for Kanin Nelson this summer. Just a small package of plays for that specific player that the opposing defense would have to prep for during a game week.
      Hilton is a big kid and realistically probably a hair over 6'3. Hunter would make sense for that type of role, but given the depth at TE/RB/QB I'm not really sure how much he would be utilized. I feel like Gibbs is more of a threat with his legs than Voss/Hunter..thinking of that game-sealing TD run against YSU is one that I'm not sure anyone else on the roster would make.

Comment

Tomorrow is National Signing Day. I see Matt Zimmer is on vacation so not sure about coverage of signings tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          Tomorrow is National Signing Day. I see Matt Zimmer is on vacation so not sure about coverage of signings tomorrow.
          When it comes to recruiting we've pretty much been getting more info from posters on here anyway, so it won't be much of a loss.

Comment

Was watching some of the signing day videos and Cade Reynolds stuck out to me. Kid looks super athletic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
              Was watching some of the signing day videos and Cade Reynolds stuck out to me. Kid looks super athletic.

Not gonna lie, his HS film reminds me a lot of Rozeboom's HS film. Also a 31 ACT, lot's to like about this kid.

Comment

The running back out of Missouri Amar Johnson must have had a change of heart.

Comment

Also don't see Jackson Hilton from Brandon on the release of commitments today.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    Also don't see Jackson Hilton from Brandon on the release of commitments today.
                    Somebody mentioned on here (someplace; I think WestSide alluded to it) that he might have to be a "Austin Smenda" type. Spend first year in the classroom before being on the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

Hilton: CB (He may sit for a year, similar to Zy and Smenda if you know what I mean).
                      Here is that information.

Comment

• Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        He tweeted this out at 4:45pm. He is in.
                        https://twitter.com/Amar_Johnson1/st...41010296516610

Comment

• Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          He’s in.

Comment

• The way it looks there was one player who flipped, Arizona DB Rashon Adams, who signed with Georgetown. It looks like DB may be the deepest part of this class, so this shouldn't be a big concern.

Comment

• Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                              Buri has a chance to be really good IMO. He put up pretty insane numbers for the actual amount of touches he got. (because of the Bobcats Offense, not coaching...I'm not complaining about anything)

Just saying, if he'd have gotten the ball like other "feature backs" or whatever... his statistics would be outlandish. (I'm just a fan...watched him on youtube a few times)
                              https://brookingsregister.com/articl...onored-as-best

Josh Buri was singled out amongst this class for having helped save the life of a classmate.

Comment

• Nico Bolden, Safety from New Mexico, a grad transfer (2years remaining) has an offer from SDSU. He was an offered athlete out of MN as a HS athlete.
                                https://twitter.com/nico_bolden/stat...791561730?s=21

Comment

Working...
                                X