Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sounds like USD offered scholarships to both Buri and Feldkamp and SDSU felt compelled to up their offers or lose them both.

Comment

Michael Paulson, WR from SF Roosevelt with a PWO offer.
      Connor Pavelko, K from SF OGorman with an offer.
      Jackson Hilton, WR from Brandon Valley with an offer.

Coaching staff really going after SD kids this year.

Comment

I am thinking in a year you dont know what you can get or travel to recruit. play it safe and take whats close or most like a for sure signing. Offering kids from other states with little contact in person for recruiting would be hard to know if those kids would choose to go further away with travel restrictions etc for a while.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Josh Buri has committed to the Jacks. Has the
          skills to be real good.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakPirate View Post
            Josh Buri has committed to the Jacks. Has the
            skills to be real good.
            This is great news. I am curious to know whether these two Stewartville guys attended Summer camps at SDSU. They seem to know their way around campus. Also seem like we have had Stewartville players on our roster. A defensive end comes to mind. I don’t recall his name. His dad used to post on this board.

Comment

Buri has a chance to be really good IMO. He put up pretty insane numbers for the actual amount of touches he got. (because of the Bobcats Offense, not coaching...I'm not complaining about anything)

Just saying, if he'd have gotten the ball like other "feature backs" or whatever... his statistics would be outlandish. (I'm just a fan...watched him on youtube a few times)

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                Buri has a chance to be really good IMO. He put up pretty insane numbers for the actual amount of touches he got. (because of the Bobcats Offense, not coaching...I'm not complaining about anything)

Just saying, if he'd have gotten the ball like other "feature backs" or whatever... his statistics would be outlandish. (I'm just a fan...watched him on youtube a few times)
                I'm very excited about Buri. Josh finished the season with 2008 all-purpose yards and 29 TDs. Those are some eye-popping numbers, but to make those numbers even more impressive...Josh averaged 12.5 carries/game for 11 yards per carry. Ridiculous. The Jacks will have an insanely deep and talented backfield the next few years.

Comment

I am thinking with the extra year of eligibility it is a bit of a budget buster. Someone said Buri was offered a preferred walk on, which would indicate not much scholarship money is a available. I think Buri will do fine at SDSU.

Comment

Jacks also just added grad transfer Jordan Meachum from Sacred Heart. In 2018 he ran for 1400 yds but was injured for most of 2019. Should be immediately eligible for this coming spring season. May also be eligible for fall 2021 depending on strange rules due to Covid

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      I am thinking with the extra year of eligibility it is a bit of a budget buster. Someone said Buri was offered a preferred walk on, which would indicate not much scholarship money is a available. I think Buri will do fine at SDSU.
                      He had PWO and then was offered a scholarship later on after USD offered.

Comment

Michael Paulson, WR SF Roosevelt verbals.
                        Jack Green, K St Thomas More verbals.

Comment

I can't ever remember in the recent DI era this many South Dakota natives committing. Is it due to a year of lots of talent in the state or covid preventing us from our normal traveling vetting process or combo? Now if we can land Tyler Feldkamp of Roosevelt, Jackson Hilton or Brandon and Angel Johnson of Viborg we will have taken the majority of the talent in the state for 2021!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            This is great news. I am curious to know whether these two Stewartville guys attended Summer camps at SDSU. They seem to know their way around campus. Also seem like we have had Stewartville players on our roster. A defensive end comes to mind. I don’t recall his name. His dad used to post on this board.
                            Eric Schroeder

Comment

Yes Eric name finally dawned on me. Having got to know his dad, they had only good things to say about SDSU. Dad told me that Georgia Tech was very interested in Eric, enough where he got a campus visit. Georgia Tech had tudors for everything for student athlete. Eric was kind of turned off by the tudors. When they left Georgia Tech, Eric told his dad he wanted to be Jackrabbit and earn his keep. My guess is the Schroeder’s are acquainted with the Buri’s and that explains everything.

Comment

The amount of South Dakota kids coming to SDSU is crazy. I have mixed feelings about it though.

Comment

Working...
                                X