Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoDakJack
    replied
    I know that I feel much better about this upcoming season than I did going into 2019. The fact that we saw Heide have success leading an offense that was depleted by injuries makes me feel like we are in pretty good shape. Having another offseason of competition between he and Gibbs will only make them both better.

We should be able to absorb the loss in the back 7 defensively by having a really, really good front 4. If they are able to get pressure without having to blitz, the defense will cause a ton of headaches.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks
    replied
    Should be an exciting year with a ton of talent across the board, especially on defense. This is typically the odd year where our away conference schedule is much tougher, but I like the way the schedule lays out. Get a warm-up game and a bye week prior to heading to Lincoln to take on the Huskers. The Yotes come to town early enough in the season where they actually have something to play for, eh, maybe not.

Leave a comment:

• hometownjack
    replied
    I believe Matt Connors has also left the program and signed with Augie.

Leave a comment:

• da_coach
    replied
    For those worried/speculating on Cade... he posted a video of highlights last night and said something about Senior year. So that's good news.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied
    Everyone calm down. I asked Coach Eck and Grant Schmidt is not with the team. He graduated and moved to Nashville. The roster on go Jacks is wrong.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied
    Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

I don't think it is out of the question for him to get a sixth year. Much like Skyler Flatten did. From my limited knowledge of medical hardships, if you lose a majority of 2 full years due to injury, you can get a 6th year granted. Worked out well for Skyler!!!
    plus wasted 2 years transferring so that might help also that he had to sit out for stupid NCAA transfer rules. Didn't Keaton Moffitt not get a year back? I thought the coaches thought he had a good case but NCAA said no. I don't remember what his case was specifically. As far as Grant, he has played in a couple games out of his 5 years so far. plus if last year was injured he probably deserves another year but who knows with the NCAA.

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied
    Originally posted by goon View Post

maybe since he only played in a couple games his whole career so far? Would be a great story if he could become a contributor for sure. Oline depth worries me so if he can be healthy and should know his job by now since he has the size for it.
    I don't think it is out of the question for him to get a sixth year. Much like Skyler Flatten did. From my limited knowledge of medical hardships, if you lose a majority of 2 full years due to injury, you can get a 6th year granted. Worked out well for Skyler!!!

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied
    Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

Not sure. He might be working on his PhD by now.

- Spring 2015: Ohio St early enrollee
    ​​​​​- 2015: Ohio St
    - 2016: Cincinnati
    - 2017: SDSU
    - 2018: SDSU
    - 2019: SDSU
    maybe since he only played in a couple games his whole career so far? Would be a great story if he could become a contributor for sure. Oline depth worries me so if he can be healthy and should know his job by now since he has the size for it.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Dont you have basically 5 or 6 years with a medical redshirt to complete eligibility? Feels like he has to be beyond that point by now.
    Not sure. He might be working on his PhD by now.

- Spring 2015: Ohio St early enrollee
    ​​​​​- 2015: Ohio St
    - 2016: Cincinnati
    - 2017: SDSU
    - 2018: SDSU
    - 2019: SDSU

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied
    Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post

Apparently so. He's listed as a senior on the 2020 roster, anyway. He probably didn't play enough last year for the season to count.
    Dont you have basically 5 or 6 years with a medical redshirt to complete eligibility? Feels like he has to be beyond that point by now.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

Did he get another medical redshirt or an extra year?
    Apparently so. He's listed as a senior on the 2020 roster, anyway. He probably didn't play enough last year for the season to count.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied
    I see that Jimmy Rogers is listed on the roster as the new assistant head coach. That's a good choice.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied
    Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    I'd love to see Grant Schmidt healed up enough to be a significant contributor next season. He's certainly earned some playing time.
    Did he get another medical redshirt or an extra year?

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied
    I'd love to see Grant Schmidt healed up enough to be a significant contributor next season. He's certainly earned some playing time.

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied
    Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
    New roster is up on gojacks.com. Not seeing Tylen Small, Andrew Mueller, or Malachi Johnson in addition to the ones we already knew. Interestingly, Grant Schmidt is still listed.
    Are any of these significant losses? The only one I recognize is Malachi but not sure how much he played last year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X