Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project-Badass
    replied
    New roster is up on gojacks.com. Not seeing Tylen Small, Andrew Mueller, or Malachi Johnson in addition to the ones we already knew. Interestingly, Grant Schmidt is still listed.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied
    Matt Connors also transfer to Augie.
    If he would have stayed he would have / could have probably been starting QB.
    https://www.keloland.com/sportszone/...ter_KELOSports

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied
    https://twitter.com/augiefb/status/1...317141505?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by CappinHard View Post

Well, Zimmer has full authority on what gets posted in those things. A comment gets submitted and he approves it if he wants to show up in the chat. So, if he had some integrity and didn't want to contribute to rumors like that, he definitely has that capability. He could either choose to not post it, or post it and dispel the rumor. He seems to like to let things linger recklessly.
    Did Zimmer not pay on a bet he owed you or something? Where's the "...some integrity..." comment coming from?

I've had issue with tenor of some of his content, but maybe he figured we could realize that a guy posting as "Man Man" or whatever the heck the guy's screenname was, and who almost exclusively posted rumors about players, coaches' unpopularity, cultural incongruence etc., was likely a closet Bison fan residing in Manfred, ND.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

The bad thing about that type of chat is that anyone can do a drive-by and spread all kinds of made up sh*t and not get called out. If someone posted that here, it wouldn't take long to get corrected. But so few people actually take part live in those chats that stuff slips through without being challenged.
    Well, Zimmer has full authority on what gets posted in those things. A comment gets submitted and he approves it if he wants to show up in the chat. So, if he had some integrity and didn't want to contribute to rumors like that, he definitely has that capability. He could either choose to not post it, or post it and dispel the rumor. He seems to like to let things linger recklessly.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    CJ Wilson is working out with the team since school started. Be careful of the trash rumors you’re reading on Zimmers chat.
    The bad thing about that type of chat is that anyone can do a drive-by and spread all kinds of made up sh*t and not get called out. If someone posted that here, it wouldn't take long to get corrected. But so few people actually take part live in those chats that stuff slips through without being challenged.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied
    CJ Wilson is working out with the team since school started. Be careful of the trash rumors you’re reading on Zimmers chat.

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied
    Re: 2020 roster.

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Someone commented on Zimmer's sport chat last week that CJ Wilson has left the program. Probably not surprising given the running back depth we have, but assume he would have continued to be given a lot of touches.
    Imagine there will be more to come.
    No idea if it’s true but he could never stay healthy.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    I would hold on before we take what a poster said on Zim's chat for being 100% accurate.
    That person sure unloaded some rather uncomplimentary material in the chat.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    I would hold on before we take what a poster said on Zim's chat for being 100% accurate.
    agreed. Moderator can delete.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Someone commented on Zimmer's sport chat last week that CJ Wilson has left the program. Probably not surprising given the running back depth we have, but assume he would have continued to be given a lot of touches.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Good breakdown, Mnjackrbt. 9-2 would be a good stretch goal.
    UND loses starters and statistical leaders at QB, RB, and WR and a couple of LBs, don't they?

If so, I think the Jacks' chances should be closer to 65-70% assuming they're relatively healthy.

I'm really hoping the odds of defeating the Bison are better than 20%.
    Last edited by jakejc795; 01-20-2020, 04:01 PM. Reason: Missing apostrophe "m"

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Here is how I see the three deep at this point...

QB: Gibbs/Heide, Nelson (I'm one of those folks that is really hyped about Gronowski).
    RB: Strong, Wilson, Blakley
    FB: Morgan, Madison
    WR1: Cade Johnson, Bauer, VanderWerf
    WR2: Jaxon Janke, Jadon Janke
    WR3: Campbell, Dailey Jr, Leighton
    TE: Kunz/Heins, Cavanaugh, Kraft
    LT: Donald/Titus, Vibert
    LG: Lickiss/McCormick, Beerntsen
    C: Genant, Strohbeen
    RG: Miller, Gruetzmacher, Bloomendrader (moved from TE)
    RT: Aron Johnson, Greenfield, Bass

DE1: Winkelman, Terveer, Caden Johnson
    DE2: Ogunrinde, Hicks, Elijah Wilson
    DT: Ward, Krolikowski, Van Marel
    NT: Sanders, Stacker, DePriest
    SLB: Levi Brown, Barnett, Williamson
    MLB: Backhaus, Tetzlaff, Madison/Spalding/Motzko
    WLB: Seven Wilson, Shafer/Bock/Spalding
    CB1: Gardner, Davis, Union
    CB2: Evans, Gales, Gandy
    CB3: Harris, Lofton
    S1: Manchigiah, Norblade, Berg
    S2: Griffin II, DeMartra, Darnell

That defense is ridiculous. On offense, anytime you replace your LT there is cause for concern. I'm slightly concerned about depth at WR but with Cade and Jaxon there will be plenty of top-end talent (assuming ball security issues will be fixed) and Stig has eluded to Jadon not being far behind his brother. Bauer and Dailey Jr had really good freshmen seasons. Leighton was a star of the 2019 offseason so we'll see what he can bring to the 2020 squad. This depth factors in ZERO of the 2020 recruits and there are a number who will compete for reps.

Caution to those who think the Jackrabbit playoff run is over! This roster is still LOADED.
    I was curious about them moving Backhaus to MLB. Do you think there's any chance they'd move one of the backs like Mulholland or Blakley to serve more of a slot WR role?

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

I think we could take a look at transfer OL, especially at LT but I think we are fine at LB. Plenty of young talent and a very good to great starting trio, IMO.
    Is the German exchange student transferring from Colorado State strictly an interior lineman, or could he play tackle ? Weren't the Jacks in on him pretty seriously before he went FBS ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X