• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goon
    replied
    Re: 2020 roster.

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    I think we could take a look at transfer OL, especially at LT but I think we are fine at LB. Plenty of young talent and a very good to great starting trio, IMO.
    I worry only because of the talent we lost at lb. Like benson and reimers who would have been major contributors already. I think there was atleast one if not 2 more.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
    Hopefully we are hitting the transfer portal hard for O lineman and linebackers. I don't want to be known as Transfer U like Youngstown St., but we need some depth in those areas.

This team still has a great roster and as long as they have Dan Jackson, it'll continue.
    I think we could take a look at transfer OL, especially at LT but I think we are fine at LB. Plenty of young talent and a very good to great starting trio, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• AZjack
    replied

Hopefully we are hitting the transfer portal hard for O lineman and linebackers. I don't want to be known as Transfer U like Youngstown St., but we need some depth in those areas.

This team still has a great roster and as long as they have Dan Jackson, it'll continue.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Here is how I see the three deep at this point...

QB: Gibbs/Heide, Nelson (I'm one of those folks that is really hyped about Gronowski).
    RB: Strong, Wilson, Blakley
    FB: Morgan, Madison
    WR1: Cade Johnson, Bauer, VanderWerf
    WR2: Jaxon Janke, Jadon Janke
    WR3: Campbell, Dailey Jr, Leighton
    TE: Kunz/Heins, Cavanaugh, Kraft
    LT: Donald/Titus, Vibert
    LG: Lickiss/McCormick, Beerntsen
    C: Genant, Strohbeen
    RG: Miller, Gruetzmacher, Bloomendrader (moved from TE)
    RT: Aron Johnson, Greenfield, Bass

DE1: Winkelman, Terveer, Caden Johnson
    DE2: Ogunrinde, Hicks, Elijah Wilson
    DT: Ward, Krolikowski, Van Marel
    NT: Sanders, Stacker, DePriest
    SLB: Levi Brown, Barnett, Williamson
    MLB: Backhaus, Tetzlaff, Madison/Spalding/Motzko
    WLB: Seven Wilson, Shafer/Bock/Spalding
    CB1: Gardner, Davis, Union
    CB2: Evans, Gales, Gandy
    CB3: Harris, Lofton
    S1: Manchigiah, Norblade, Berg
    S2: Griffin II, DeMartra, Darnell

That defense is ridiculous. On offense, anytime you replace your LT there is cause for concern. I'm slightly concerned about depth at WR but with Cade and Jaxon there will be plenty of top-end talent (assuming ball security issues will be fixed) and Stig has eluded to Jadon not being far behind his brother. Bauer and Dailey Jr had really good freshmen seasons. Leighton was a star of the 2019 offseason so we'll see what he can bring to the 2020 squad. This depth factors in ZERO of the 2020 recruits and there are a number who will compete for reps.

Caution to those who think the Jackrabbit playoff run is over! This roster is still LOADED.
    Thank You this is reassuring.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Here is how I see the three deep at this point...

QB: Gibbs/Heide, Nelson (I'm one of those folks that is really hyped about Gronowski).
    RB: Strong, Wilson, Blakley
    FB: Morgan, Madison
    WR1: Cade Johnson, Bauer, VanderWerf
    WR2: Jaxon Janke, Jadon Janke
    WR3: Campbell, Dailey Jr, Leighton
    TE: Kunz/Heins, Cavanaugh, Kraft
    LT: Donald/Titus, Vibert
    LG: Lickiss/McCormick, Beerntsen
    C: Genant, Strohbeen
    RG: Miller, Gruetzmacher, Bloomendrader (moved from TE)
    RT: Aron Johnson, Greenfield, Bass

DE1: Winkelman, Terveer, Caden Johnson
    DE2: Ogunrinde, Hicks, Elijah Wilson
    DT: Ward, Krolikowski, Van Marel
    NT: Sanders, Stacker, DePriest
    SLB: Levi Brown, Barnett, Williamson
    MLB: Backhaus, Tetzlaff, Madison/Spalding/Motzko
    WLB: Seven Wilson, Shafer/Bock/Spalding
    CB1: Gardner, Davis, Union
    CB2: Evans, Gales, Gandy
    CB3: Harris, Lofton
    S1: Manchigiah, Norblade, Berg
    S2: Griffin II, DeMartra, Darnell

That defense is ridiculous. On offense, anytime you replace your LT there is cause for concern. I'm slightly concerned about depth at WR but with Cade and Jaxon there will be plenty of top-end talent (assuming ball security issues will be fixed) and Stig has eluded to Jadon not being far behind his brother. Bauer and Dailey Jr had really good freshmen seasons. Leighton was a star of the 2019 offseason so we'll see what he can bring to the 2020 squad. This depth factors in ZERO of the 2020 recruits and there are a number who will compete for reps.

Caution to those who think the Jackrabbit playoff run is over! This roster is still LOADED.

Leave a comment:

• THE PRIDE IS BACK!!!
    replied

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
    DO NOT WEAR THE BLACK UNIFORMS AT ANY POINT NEXT SEASON IN WHOLE OR PART.

I'm honestly hoping they are getting new uniforms and can sell the current ones with the 150 CFB. Have they had the current set long enough to get new uniforms?

Leave a comment:

• Gojacks2487
    replied

I think other than the loses of Rozeboom, Sellers, Daniel and Greenway will be the biggest holes to fill. I think we have alot of depth at G that can fill Clarks spot. TE hopefully Heinz comes back healthy and/or some youth step up. I think we have good depth at WR that can handle Browns and Anderson role. We have alot of good depth at DE and DT that can handle those loses. I think we have some great young talent and maybe Tetzlaff to fill the Mike,(Can Never Replace) but we said that about TJ Lally. Could we Positions Move at LB? Who knows but Jimmy will figure it out. Sellers might be the toughest spot to fill we have had a good run of FB, I dont know much about the freshman Fb or maybe H back. Sounds like we might have a big back option in and 2020 recruit. I think Eck will can get someone ready at LT. Greenfield or Titus? and lastly Vinny had great career but sputtered here at the end. Frahm clearly has the leg but can get his accuracy dialed in. We might be getting a highly prominent recruit at K.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
    9-5-20 BUTLER - W, attendance should be good
    9-12-20 BYE - Early, but it is what it is...
    9-19-20 Nebraska - L, hopefully we make a statement, avoid injuries. Or maybe this is the game that gets Frost fired.
    9-26-20 INDIANA STATE - W, attendance should be good. Hopefully there's some post UNL excitement.
    10-3-20 North Dakota - Playoff team on the road, 55% chance of win?
    10-10-20 SOUTH DAKOTA - W, should be a fun atmosphere game, especially if weather cooperates.
    10-17-20 North Dakota State - 20% chance of win. Need to get on their level, but realistically if we win one out of every 5 trips to Fargo in a 10 year span, that's 20%.
    10-24-20 Southern Illinois - Decent team on the road, 60% chance of win?
    10-31-20 WESTERN ILLINOIS (HOBO DAY) - W, like the late Hobo Day (then again there's no other game to really put it with), should lead to good attendance for a time when it traditionally starts dwindling.
    11-7-20 Northern Iowa - Playoff team on the road. 50/50 game.
    11-14-20 DIXIE STATE - W, know nothing of them, assuming we will win, attendance will be poor.
    11-21-20 YOUNGSTOWN STATE - W, will Pelini still be around? Attendance may be poor.

Wins (6)- Butler, Ind State, USD, WIU, Dixie State, YSU (all home games)
    Losses (2) - @Nebraska, @NDSU
    Games to decide our fate (3) - @UND, @SIU, @UNI. If we go 3-0 in these combined 3, we are a top 4 seed. If we 2-1, we are a 5-8 seed. If we got 1-2 we are a playoff team. If we go 0-3, we are sitting at home.
    Good breakdown, Mnjackrbt. 9-2 would be a good stretch goal.

Leave a comment:

• SturgisJeff
    replied

DO NOT WEAR THE BLACK UNIFORMS AT ANY POINT NEXT SEASON IN WHOLE OR PART.

Leave a comment:

• mnjackrbt
    replied

9-5-20 BUTLER - W, attendance should be good
    9-12-20 BYE - Early, but it is what it is...
    9-19-20 Nebraska - L, hopefully we make a statement, avoid injuries. Or maybe this is the game that gets Frost fired.
    9-26-20 INDIANA STATE - W, attendance should be good. Hopefully there's some post UNL excitement.
    10-3-20 North Dakota - Playoff team on the road, 55% chance of win?
    10-10-20 SOUTH DAKOTA - W, should be a fun atmosphere game, especially if weather cooperates.
    10-17-20 North Dakota State - 20% chance of win. Need to get on their level, but realistically if we win one out of every 5 trips to Fargo in a 10 year span, that's 20%.
    10-24-20 Southern Illinois - Decent team on the road, 60% chance of win?
    10-31-20 WESTERN ILLINOIS (HOBO DAY) - W, like the late Hobo Day (then again there's no other game to really put it with), should lead to good attendance for a time when it traditionally starts dwindling.
    11-7-20 Northern Iowa - Playoff team on the road. 50/50 game.
    11-14-20 DIXIE STATE - W, know nothing of them, assuming we will win, attendance will be poor.
    11-21-20 YOUNGSTOWN STATE - W, will Pelini still be around? Attendance may be poor.

Wins (6)- Butler, Ind State, USD, WIU, Dixie State, YSU (all home games)
    Losses (2) - @Nebraska, @NDSU
    Games to decide our fate (3) - @UND, @SIU, @UNI. If we go 3-0 in these combined 3, we are a top 4 seed. If we 2-1, we are a 5-8 seed. If we got 1-2 we are a playoff team. If we go 0-3, we are sitting at home.

Leave a comment:

• AZjack
    replied

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
    I would have to agree offense should be good next year if they stay healthy. This season's ending was a direct result of injuries of key players. The Jacks lost all-conference and potential all-American players in October and November when it was most important.

Personally, I think we all need to keep an eye on the o-line. They weren't bad this year, but they weren't great, either. I see the o-line as the most important unit on a football team. A good o-line can make a mediocre QB look great. Not saying our QBs are mediocre, but they could have been great if the o-line had performed better. If the o-line is great, the offense will flourish. (I'm a Vikings fan; I've seen what a crap o-line can do to a QB and RB.)
    Totally agree. That is the difference between NDSU and us, their O line is consistently dominant. Our d line used to hold us back, this year it was the offense.

Our defense will be one of the best in the country again next year (right with NDSU and JMU). Our d line is finally a strength, let's hope the o line gets back to the top of the Valley.

Leave a comment:

• THE PRIDE IS BACK!!!
    replied

I would have to agree offense should be good next year if they stay healthy. This season's ending was a direct result of injuries of key players. The Jacks lost all-conference and potential all-American players in October and November when it was most important.

Personally, I think we all need to keep an eye on the o-line. They weren't bad this year, but they weren't great, either. I see the o-line as the most important unit on a football team. A good o-line can make a mediocre QB look great. Not saying our QBs are mediocre, but they could have been great if the o-line had performed better. If the o-line is great, the offense will flourish. (I'm a Vikings fan; I've seen what a crap o-line can do to a QB and RB.)

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
    We are talking about the whole year, the offense was solid and scored points. Injuries were the main issue, plus turnover bug the last 4 weeks.
    DELETED.

*Added. I probably agree with both AZJack & Jacksbacker. We were good to solid but could have been more solid with all of the injuries.?.
    Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 12-09-2019, 10:15 PM. Reason: Deleted part of post.

Leave a comment:

• AZjack
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    There is not enough to say they would have or will be solid, but a full season of Gibbs, Strong, Wilson, Heins & Genant that definitely helps.
    We are talking about the whole year, the offense was solid and scored points. Injuries were the main issue, plus turnover bug the last 4 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post
    The offense will be solid again? The offense is the reason we are having this discussion now instead of the 2nd round of the playoffs.
    There is not enough to say they would have or will be solid, but a full season of Gibbs, Strong, Wilson, Heins & Genant that definitely helps.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X