• salemjack
    replied
    https://twitter.com/cade_johnson/sta...176848384?s=21

I’d say this is good news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• AZjack
    replied
    Dan Jackson had a comment on a twitter post that was a little odd. Something about surrounded by softness, keep working hard.

Just conjecture, but Johnson must be leaving. He'll be tough to replace, but he'll also see that playing in the FBS with his size won't be easy. He is a great player and hope he finishes his long, productive career as a Jack.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied
    His revised Twitter page is kind of revealing of his intent.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    Is he in the transfer portal or is this still speculation?
    He was not on the list I checked, which was up-to-date as of today.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied
    Is he in the transfer portal or is this still speculation?

Leave a comment:

• Danger41
    replied
    I don’t want to see him go, but he’s a lot more replaceable than most think. No doubt he’s a great player, but the way our offense is set up allows receivers to succeed complimented by the dominant running game. If a stud O lineman was leaving, I’d be a lot more concerned.

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied
    Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post

I think that Cade would be a grad transfer, making him immediately eligible. It'll be really interesting to see what he does, and I wouldn't blame him one bit if he did transfer to Nebraska. Selfishly, of course I want Cade to stay at SDSU, but transferring makes sense imo.
    You are correct - since he did redshirt and he is a RS-SR - it would likely be a grad transfer.

Leave a comment:

• Project-Badass
    replied
    Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

His little brother is a 2021 recruit which means that he wouldn't join the team after Cade's career there is over. Unless Cade had to sit out a year but now days it seems like a coin flip whether they get granted a waiver or not to be immediately eligible.

Where there is smoke, there is usually fire. I've got zero inside info but I'd suspect he's gone.
    I think that Cade would be a grad transfer, making him immediately eligible. It'll be really interesting to see what he does, and I wouldn't blame him one bit if he did transfer to Nebraska. Selfishly, of course I want Cade to stay at SDSU, but transferring makes sense imo.

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied
    Originally posted by AZjack View Post
    I'll be surprised if he isn't in the portal shortly, would be a big blow and hope he stays.

His brother Keegan is down to Iowa, Nebraska and Kansas St as his choices. Only way he is coming to SDSU is if he transfers in after a year or two at a P5 school.
    His little brother is a 2021 recruit which means that he wouldn't join the team after Cade's career there is over. Unless Cade had to sit out a year but now days it seems like a coin flip whether they get granted a waiver or not to be immediately eligible.

Where there is smoke, there is usually fire. I've got zero inside info but I'd suspect he's gone.

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied
    We are reading tea leaves as of right now. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Cade Johnson has not said one thing about transferring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Jacks
    replied
    Anyone know if he has been participating in the offseason strength and conditioning competitions? I haven't seen his name as a top performer but doesn't mean he hasn't been partaking.

Seems like the Jabril Cox news may have sparked his interest in the possibility of transferring??

Assuming if/when this happens, Canyon Bauer, Shane Dailey and Deyon Campbell will try to fill this role?

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied
    Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

Check his Twitter. More cryptic tweets and has taken his profile pictures down.
    His twitter say dreaming and praying what's next.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied
    Originally posted by goon View Post

Ugh let's hope not. Wouldn't be surprised in nebraska tried to steal him awa . Isnt his younger brother joining the team next year?

‘Nebraska is thin at WR. https://norfolkdailynews.com/sports/...82f079920.html

Leave a comment:

• AZjack
    replied
    I'll be surprised if he isn't in the portal shortly, would be a big blow and hope he stays.

His brother Keegan is down to Iowa, Nebraska and Kansas St as his choices. Only way he is coming to SDSU is if he transfers in after a year or two at a P5 school.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied
    Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

Check his Twitter. More cryptic tweets and has taken his profile pictures down.
    Ugh let's hope not. Wouldn't be surprised in nebraska tried to steal him awa . Isnt his younger brother joining the team next year?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X