Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @NDSU in the Quarterfinals

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
    You really have no clue...but please go on. Please tell us more about how football is handled. Please let it be noted, we do have a college ref on bisonville that gives us regular lessons...but I suppose that doesn't matter to you. Just continue on...I'm sure you know more than him.
    It's weird that he's arguing they don't have all the angles but if you watch a game on TV they always say the refs have the same angles as the viewers are watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
      Throw in the 3rd and 5 where TC threw low to Jake and he ended up falling down a yard short. There was also a 3rd down conversion for them where Bobbit was clearly held on a stretch play run of theirs.

Not that it was his fault but Farina falling out of bounds at the one on his INT may have prolonged the agony. Not sure he could've done anything else but that safety 2 plays later put 2 pts on the board and our already gassed D back on the field. Again not Nicks fault at all, curious though on the ruling if his momentum carried him into the endzone and out of bounds. Is that a touchback?
      I like coach Stig but sometimes I find what he says interesting. On the Jackrabbit Insider Sunday night, he blamed the Jake for not running far enough on the 5 yard route. Instead of blaming the person who threw the ball so short that he had to go down to get it. It was an easy first down if the ball was thrown correctly. I don't expect TC to make every throw but when you have players making great catches like they do, his numbers are better than what they would be with average receivers. He's a good player but with the weapons SDSU has on offense, 10 points two weeks in a row in tough to swallow.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
        I like coach Stig but sometimes I find what he says interesting. On the Jackrabbit Insider Sunday night, he blamed the Jake for not running far enough on the 5 yard route. Instead of blaming the person who threw the ball so short that he had to go down to get it. It was an easy first down if the ball was thrown correctly. I don't expect TC to make every throw but when you have players making great catches like they do, his numbers are better than what they would be with average receivers. He's a good player but with the weapons SDSU has on offense, 10 points two weeks in a row in tough to swallow.
        Maybe he came across as critical of JW when what he intended to convey is that it might be at least somewhat easier for the WR to run to the sticks and cut than it is for the QB to read his progressions, possibly evade pressure, locate the down marker, and then throw a pass the required distance. Regardless, the throw could definitely be better, and Wieneke bailed him out on the catch, despite not picking up the 1st down.

Comment

Wow...he shows you pictures that prove his point...yet you still argue. You guys are fun. Just can't admit when you are wrong. Seriously...is it that big a blow to your fandom to admit the refs got the call right? Oh wait, the announcers said, blah, blah, blah...disregard the proof shown. Yep. Got it.

Don't ever change.
          I'll be honest I'm not sure how you can say with 100% conviction that he's out of bounds from that angle. If that's enough then I'm not sure how the TD to Goedert earlier in the year isn't reversed. As a Jacks fan it is frustrating with how many replays have gone the way of the bison in the last couple games. Even if they were the right call it's frustrating. Not sure why we're are arguing about the calls when it didn't matter though. We got dump trucked in an embarrassing fashion in front of a record number of TV viewers for a FCS game. Not sure why we feel like rubbing salt in our own wounds by rehashing irrelevant calls.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Stop already....judas. There are so many other worthy things from this game to talk about. This is not!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
              We got dump trucked in an embarrassing fashion in front of a record number of TV viewers for a FCS game. Not sure why we feel like rubbing salt in our own wounds by rehashing irrelevant calls.
              In front of almost 2 MILlLON People... Let that sink in.
              http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sdsu-nd...-sh&soc_trk=tw

I can be happy with the season as a whole, but I'm not ok with how we went out.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                In front of almost 2 MILlLON People... Let that sink in.
                http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sdsu-nd...-sh&soc_trk=tw

I can be happy with the season as a whole, but I'm not ok with how we went out
                Same. As said in the many other cases, it's not the loss....its HOW we lose nearly every year that's so frustrating.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                  Same. As said in the many other cases, it's not the loss....its HOW we lose nearly every year that's so frustrating.
                  Not sure if we have any card players here...but I think of our two games like a game of whist where the Jacks granded. Stig played all his aces in the first game without feeling things out first and saving the aces to get back in later. In the second game he had nothing to go back to as it was all used and seen.

I ponder this...just think about it. Say Stig doesn't run the qb in the first game...sits on it all season and then uses it during our playoff game. Maybe that isn't realistic either...but they waited until our game to really use him this season. Not saying he didn't run at all, but it was not a real part of the gameplan like it became during our game and after. Just a thought...we will never know.

Anyway, this will be my last post on the game...I'm sure you guys are ready to switch gears to other things, or at least just talk amongst yourselves.

Comment

The whole game boils down to 3rd and 23 and 3rd and 18. IF we get off the field on either one of those it is an entirely different ball game (not calling for a Jacks victory, but i think the game is certainly closer). After that drive the defense was done for. Spirit broken and lungs and legs tired out. The Jacks offense was dominating before that but the Bison kept them off the field for 12 game minutes which was probably 30 minutes live time. The Bison defense had that much time to regroup. To me, that is why this loss is so frustrating.
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                      The whole game boils down to 3rd and 23 and 3rd and 18. IF we get off the field on either one of those it is an entirely different ball game (not calling for a Jacks victory, but i think the game is certainly closer). After that drive the defense was done for. Spirit broken and lungs and legs tired out. The Jacks offense was dominating before that but the Bison kept them off the field for 12 game minutes which was probably 30 minutes live time. The Bison defense had that much time to regroup. To me, that is why this loss is so frustrating.
                      Not to mention the silly penalty on our offensive lineman who run blocked rather than pass blocked, which got Wieneke's TD called back.

It would have been 19-17 had the TD counted, and been a whole different ballgame going forward.

Comment

Klieman stated on a radio show or TV, that the Jacks O lineman would shoot down 8 yards and they had the ref watch for it. Obviously both sides push the boundaries, just Klieman was open after the game about it.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
                          Klieman stated on a radio show or TV, that the Jacks O lineman would shoot down 8 yards and they had the ref watch for it. Obviously both sides push the boundaries, just Klieman was open after the game about it.
                          What is the rule on downfield lineman? I am thinking it's five. If as Coach Klieman says we were as much as eight yards, then this was a good call. Apparently we were pushing the envelope and we got caught. So many things went wrong and that's what made a 36-10 score.

Comment

Not sure if we have any card players here...but I think of our two games like a game of whist where the Jacks granded. Stig played all his aces in the first game without feeling things out first and saving the aces to get back in later. In the second game he had nothing to go back to as it was all used and seen.

I ponder this...just think about it. Say Stig doesn't run the qb in the first game...sits on it all season and then uses it during our playoff game. Maybe that isn't realistic either...but they waited until our game to really use him this season. Not saying he didn't run at all, but it was not a real part of the gameplan like it became during our game and after. Just a thought...we will never know.

Anyway, this will be my last post on the game...I'm sure you guys are ready to switch gears to other things, or at least just talk amongst yourselves.
                            I am a whist player. Play nearly every Tuesday at Seniors in Enderlin. What often kills me in a game is the partner to your left who is often loaded with spades and gets in and plays spades and spades and spade and drains all your face cards. Usually I start out with only one spade and how do you compete with 8 spades in the other guys hand? Those 5 NC could qualify as a spade.

Comment

You really have no clue...but please go on. Please let it be noted, we do have a college ref on bisonville that gives us regular lessons...but I suppose that doesn't matter to you. Just continue on...I'm sure you know more than him.
                              Is he the same ref that was seen hanging out with the fans in the end zone? Might be a little conflict of interest..

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                                Not to mention the silly penalty on our offensive lineman who run blocked rather than pass blocked, which got Wieneke's TD called back.

It would have been 19-17 had the TD counted, and been a whole different ballgame going forward.
                                Maybe. But I also think our defense was nearly done.

I looked back at the schedule. Can anyone honestly say they were feeling great about our team after the Youngstown game? Lost to ISUr, beat Missouri St (pretty handily but gave up 24 points), beat USD (but missed opportunities), beat UNI (game was much closer than the final score), and beat Nova (very fortunate to win), and then NDSU (we got dump trucked).

Sure we won 3 of 5, but I don't think we were particularly sharp in any of those games. I think that can especially be said about TC down the stretch. His accuracy was borderline awful the last half of the season. And even early on his receivers were making spectacular catches (how many one handers did we have again?) and bailing him out. TC has to be more accurate next year.
                                Last edited by MontanaRabbit; 12-15-2016, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X