Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @NDSU in the Quarterfinals

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
    Just realized I didn't wear my yellow shirt today and got a haircut last Sunday, this loss is on me guys, sorry.
    You ****er! Way to blow it!
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
      more concerned about the DL
      I was leaning more toward DB's being a strength given experience gained this year and curiosity about who will replace Bobbit and Dallas Brown. I'm intrigued by Dalton Cox given some of the plays he's made on special teams.

You've got a point about DL.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        I would hesitate to use Nova as an example. We got very, very lucky to pull that out. Just because we win doesn't necessarily mean we played well.

The Cal Poly games and the Illinois St game are much bigger failures than those other games were successes
        Huh? Cal Poly and Illinois St. were both playoff teams. YSU and NDSU are both in the semifinals, and might possibly meet in Frisco for the championship.

Yeah, we missed opportunities today, and made some killer mistakes that cost us the game, but to say the season was a failure or our coaches suck is a bit over the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
          Huh? Cal Poly and Illinois St. were both playoff teams. YSU and NDSU are both in the semifinals, and might possibly meet in Frisco for the championship.

Yeah, we missed opportunities today, and made some killer mistakes that cost us the game, but to say the season was a failure or our coaches suck is a bit over the top.
          Don't put words in my mouth. I never said the team was a failure or that the coaches suck. I said those specific games were in relation to the wins.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            I would hesitate to use Nova as an example. We got very, very lucky to pull that out. Just because we win doesn't necessarily mean we played well.

The Cal Poly games and the Illinois St game are much bigger failures than those other games were successes.
            There were points during this past season where I doubted we would have a winning season, but we got cracking and won four games in a row and even won a co-championship. So it was a pretty darn good season. Just think if we had won Cal Poly and Ill St. The game today would have been played in Brookings in a miserable snow storm.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post

Agree with your sentiment. The Bison proved at the end of the 1st half that even their coaches are not infallible and that all coaches make the occasional head-scratching decision

Comment

• GDT: @NDSU in the Quarterfinals

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                Agree with your sentiment. The Bison proved at the end of the 1st half that even their coaches are not infallible and that all coaches make the occasional head-scratching decision
                Wrong thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                  Wrong thread.

Nope, I was addressing the "coaches suck" aspect of his post

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                    Nope, I was addressing the "coaches suck" aspect of his post
                    My post was in the wrong thread, not yours.

Comment

Here's a crazy thought...had SDSU not resorted to trickery to get the one TD they got, and it's completely impossible to know, but based on the regular season game, I have a feeling, and the coaches obviously had a feeling as well, the Bison would've held us out of the endzone on that first drive.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

It's hard to believe the season came to an end yesterday. The Jacks played one quarter of football and then got stuck without making adjustments in my eyes. The bison covered Weineke and Goedert differently and the offense didn't adjust to find others. The play calling didn't stretch the field after qtr 1 so the bison defense played in the box for the most part. This happened vs Villanova as well, one good qtr then offensive play struggles. The Jacks defense looked bad. Third down efficiency was huge for the bison. If your defensive play calling isn't successful then change something.

Allyear Stig said last play, last play. The Jacks were coached for three quarters like it wasn't win or season is done. It's too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                          It's hard to believe the season came to an end yesterday. The Jacks played one quarter of football and then got stuck without making adjustments in my eyes. The bison covered Weineke and Goedert differently and the offense didn't adjust to find others. The play calling didn't stretch the field after qtr 1 so the bison defense played in the box for the most part. This happened vs Villanova as well, one good qtr then offensive play struggles. The Jacks defense looked bad. Third down efficiency was huge for the bison. If your defensive play calling isn't successful then change something.

Allyear Stig said last play, last play. The Jacks were coached for three quarters like it wasn't win or season is done. It's too bad.
                          I was surprised Landberg and Wilde weren't targeted more in 2nd half. I admit, video I had didn't necessarily show whether they were open. I seem to recall Lewis having a reception or two, but you make a great point about seeming lack of adjustments.

Comment

A couple of plays that have been on my mind all weekend as I rehash the game in my mind. These are in cronilogical of when they happened, not in order of significance.

Second, SDSU drive of the game and going in for another TD. TC had Goedert wide open on a nice out route or flag, not sure what it was, but threw it short and skipped it off the turf. To me, 14-0 feels different than 10-0. Call me crazy.

Obviously the 3rd and 18 and 3rd and 23 that the Bison converted were turning points. IF we stop either one of those our defense gets their wind and is not exhausted for the rest of the game. I feel like the 3rd downs that were converted after that were about lack of execution because of fatigue. Langer, Soulek and Whitsel were gassed before we even kicked off in the second half. Props to MJAlum for calling the loss of Gottlob as big key.

The PI's on Jordan Brown and Dallas Brown didn't look terrible in real time. The Bison replay angles didn't show alot in my opinion. Anyone who watched ESPN have a different opinion?

Again, these are just turning points in my mind. Haven't watched any replays so this is all from memory.
                            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Disappointing loss once again. Not aggressive enough on either side of the ball. You can't sit back on 3rd and long and let an experienced offensive line give their very capable all conference QB all day to make plays. Very disappointed in the scheme on defense. Needed to stretch the field on offense, worked almost every time the Jacks tried to do it. Just didn't do it enough. I think the Jacks have the talent on the field.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                                A couple of plays that have been on my mind all weekend as I rehash the game in my mind. These are in cronilogical of when they happened, not in order of significance.

Second, SDSU drive of the game and going in for another TD. TC had Goedert wide open on a nice out route or flag, not sure what it was, but threw it short and skipped it off the turf. To me, 14-0 feels different than 10-0. Call me crazy.

Obviously the 3rd and 18 and 3rd and 23 that the Bison converted were turning points. IF we stop either one of those our defense gets their wind and is not exhausted for the rest of the game. I feel like the 3rd downs that were converted after that were about lack of execution because of fatigue. Langer, Soulek and Whitsel were gassed before we even kicked off in the second half. Props to MJAlum for calling the loss of Gottlob as big key.

The PI's on Jordan Brown and Dallas Brown didn't look terrible in real time. The Bison replay angles didn't show alot in my opinion. Anyone who watched ESPN have a different opinion?

Again, these are just turning points in my mind. Haven't watched any replays so this is all from memory.
                                Throw in the 3rd and 5 where TC threw low to Jake and he ended up falling down a yard short. There was also a 3rd down conversion for them where Bobbit was clearly held on a stretch play run of theirs.

Not that it was his fault but Farina falling out of bounds at the one on his INT may have prolonged the agony. Not sure he could've done anything else but that safety 2 plays later put 2 pts on the board and our already gassed D back on the field. Again not Nicks fault at all, curious though on the ruling if his momentum carried him into the endzone and out of bounds. Is that a touchback?

Comment

Working...
                                X