2016 Playoffs: Bizun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 Playoffs: Bizun

Pregame intro videos are banned from the quarterfinal games. I wonder who complained? I guess there is the possibility that it wasn't due to a complaint, but it seems fishy that it only happens now that we play you guys. I vaguely remember Stig having a complaint about the video...or maybe music...just not sure...been too long. I may even be remembering something that didn't happen.

Not trying to start a fight...just thought I'd bring it up to discuss...maybe somebody here knows something about it or has some insight, or even remembers clearly if Stig did have a complaint at some point.

I suppose it could even be due to one of the other games, but it just seems doubtful...not enough fan support for those other games for anybody to even care.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
      Pregame intro videos are banned from the quarterfinal games. I wonder who complained? I guess there is the possibility that it wasn't due to a complaint, but it seems fishy that it only happens now that we play you guys. I vaguely remember Stig having a complaint about the video...or maybe music...just not sure...been too long. I may even be remembering something that didn't happen.

Not trying to start a fight...just thought I'd bring it up to discuss...maybe somebody here knows something about it or has some insight, or even remembers clearly if Stig did have a complaint at some point.

I suppose it could even be due to one of the other games, but it just seems doubtful...not enough fan support for those other games for anybody to even care.
      I don't remember anything like that at all. Stig's been up there enough times, I don't think he even cares about the video anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        I believe they had the same camera angles as the TV provider, however the TV provider only had cameras on one side of the field. The critical camera angle that clearly showed and could have overturned the Goddert catch was our own camera crew, which was not available to the TV crew or review official. We all saw it afterward when SDSU put out their video.
        /NDSU FAN "There's no proof from the SDSU video that he actually got it. Ref made the correct call. Doesn't matter our camera angles are garbage, we aren't going to fix it because what's the point of having cameras from both sides of the field anyway?" /NDSU FAN

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
          I don't remember anything like that at all. Stig's been up there enough times, I don't think he even cares about the video anymore.
          I will agree with this statement, I highly doubt an intro video makes has any impact on the opposing team. That said it is a fan experience, the NCAA continues to display how they can take all the fun out of it for the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
            I will agree with this statement, I highly doubt an intro video makes has any impact on the opposing team. That said it is a fan experience, the NCAA continues to display how they can take all the fun out of it for the fans.
            On a somewhat related note, do you think NCAA rules could be the reason why they didn't have the dueling east side-west side "SD-SU Jack-rabbits" chant in the third quarter of the Villanova game?

Comment

Amen. Stig could care less about about a Bison introduction. Its their house after all.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                On a somewhat related note, do you think NCAA rules could be the reason why they didn't have the dueling east side-west side "SD-SU Jack-rabbits" chant in the third quarter of the Villanova game?
                If so, I hope the NCAA bans that for all our regular season games from now on as well.

Comment

SDSU didn't play theirs last week either. Maybe it's a playoffs rule?

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                    SDSU didn't play theirs last week either. Maybe it's a playoffs rule?
                    Band didn't do a halftime performance either.

Comment

I have hard time believing anybody complained to anyone.

As mentioned previously, we didn't do any our pregame stuff last weekend. I think this is just a case of the NCAA being the NCAA.

Ridiculous rule. Ri. dic. u. lous.

TBH, even as a Jackrabbit fan, I'd be pissed to go up there and not see NDSU's pregame...it's pretty badass, IMO.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

/NDSU FAN "There's no proof from the SDSU video that he actually got it. Ref made the correct call. Doesn't matter our camera angles are garbage, we aren't going to fix it because what's the point of having cameras from both sides of the field anyway?" /NDSU FAN
                        C'mon mango, you are better than this. I know we have a few homers that will only see through green and yellow glasses, but many/most fans realize how the game went, and that we lucked out on that call. The ref did not follow through on the play and missed that the catch was most likely made. I say most likely because I was not in that endzone. The camera angle that did show it looked good enough to me to prove the catch, but the backside angle would have confirmed it. The way refs are with having to have absolute proof...I suppose that couldn't overturn the call. We know it was a bad call. We know we should have lost by double digits. We know the camera operation is crap...we complain on bisonville all the time about the production...not something we are happy or proud about.

Now with all that said...I am cautiously optimistic about this game. I believe Stig emptied the cupboard our last game and he won't be able to surprise us this time around. The defense is playing better, and our offense is finally starting to gain some momentum (not our best effort...but improved). I think this game prepares us for EWU in the championship.

Comment

No conspiracy theories, please. SDSU didn't play their original pre-game video on this past Saturday either, nor a number of other home field bits throughout the game. Go tell your friends on Bisonville as well, so we don't need to listen to this garbage all week in addition to how much of a dirty player Christian Rozeboom is.

The only thing that takes the sting away from reading about that stuff, is the comedy from the idiot on Bisonville who actually thinks the Bison aren't trying their hardest to convert on 3rd down this year and that is why their conversion percentage is so much worse than years past.
                          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

C'mon mango, you are better than this. I know we have a few homers that will only see through green and yellow glasses, but many/most fans realize how the game went, and that we lucked out on that call. The ref did not follow through on the play and missed that the catch was most likely made. I say most likely because I was not in that endzone. The camera angle that did show it looked good enough to me to prove the catch, but the backside angle would have confirmed it. The way refs are with having to have absolute proof...I suppose that couldn't overturn the call. We know it was a bad call. We know we should have lost by double digits. We know the camera operation is crap...we complain on bisonville all the time about the production...not something we are happy or proud about.

Now with all that said...I am cautiously optimistic about this game. I believe Stig emptied the cupboard our last game and he won't be able to surprise us this time around. The defense is playing better, and our offense is finally starting to gain some momentum (not our best effort...but improved). I think this game prepares us for EWU in the championship.
                            Oh, of course this is exaggerated. For the most part NDSU fans do get it but there are a few that think the camera angle from SDSU didn't show anything conclusive. That's the part of the fan base I'm making fun of.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                              No conspiracy theories, please. SDSU didn't play their original pre-game video on this past Saturday either, nor a number of other home field bits throughout the game. Go tell your friends on Bisonville as well, so we don't need to listen to this garbage all week in addition to how much of a dirty player Christian Rozeboom is.

The only thing that takes the sting away from reading about that stuff, is the comedy from the idiot on Bisonville who actually thinks the Bison aren't trying their hardest to convert on 3rd down this year and that is why their conversion percentage is so much worse than years past.
                              He's a card.

Comment

How do you remember something that didn't happen? Lol. BTW, your trolling needs work

Comment

Working...
                                X