X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Playoffs 2016: Nova

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    I know Meierkort is available!!!
    No thank you. Even though Ed got his Masters from SDSU, I don't think there would be a red carpet welcome or even a blue carpet Welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
      You'll have to forgive me for interpreting TK's diatribe as supporting such a tack and for doing the same with statements made in the Bison GDT.

It'd be great if similar questions were asked of those asserting that Stig "apologists" are basking in mediocrity.
      I wonder if I qualify to be an "apologist". Stig told me once in writing during his first season, that time would tell if he had a better program than Mike Daley. He also told me his program would be done the right way and by the rules. You see there was one game in his first season as head coach where the defense could not hold and we blew a lead. I wrote Stig a nasty letter asking if the defense went south with Coach Daley.He could have thrown my nastygram in a circular file, but instead he knew me as a loyal fan and rebuffed my nasty charge with those comments. I had it coming, no doubt about that, and I respected him more today than I did before I penned the nasty letter, because he took the time to put me in my place. Our program follows the rules and is done the right way.

Some of those who crying for his head probably have never put on the pads and your life is not perfect but you seem to expect perfection from a 9-4 football team. I am willing to bet that the entire team and coach staff are very disappointed about how the game turned out Saturday. Now they wait for next year. Are you in?
      Last edited by Nidaros; 12-14-2016, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Edit: I'm stupid #1.
        Last edited by TK22867; 12-13-2016, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Edit: I'm stupid #2.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
            Misinterpretation is correct. I'm not calling on Stig to be fired this year. How's that long-term competition thing with NDSU working out? We're getting close. Only lost 36-10 this time. Will you be satisfied if we're asking this same question 5 years from now? Or will it just be the same old excuse that NDSU has too much $ and aw shucks guys, they're just too damn good...?
            I've never used any of those excuses or said anyone should be satisfied with mediocrity, but most would at least concede that this season was not mediocre. The ending was a train wreck, but as I've said before, let's see how next season goes. If the program regresses, that would be the time to discuss staff changes.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
              So, when are we allowed to increase expectations for this program? Asking for a friend.
              I think yoteforever provides the answer to your request for a friend:

Originally posted by yoteforever

I know Meierkort is available!!!
              TK: you're sure having fun being the center of attention. We've watched you do that before over the years. I defend your right to have an opinion but isn't the nail even with the board? Or, do you think you have to keep pounding?

This thread is getting to be an embarrassment. Visitors to this board who casually read this thread are likely to get the false impression there is a push on this message board to change coaches. This thread is hilariously off topic and someone should call pie time!
              Last edited by JackJD; 12-13-2016, 11:30 PM. Reason: qyi

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                I've never used any of those excuses or said anyone should be satisfied with mediocrity, but most would at least concede that this season was not mediocre. The ending was a train wreck, but as I've said before, let's see how next season goes. If the program regresses, that would be the time to discuss staff changes.
                I've been out of line lately, I apologize.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Wow, somebody needs a Snickers.

That's funny!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

TK: you're sure having fun being the center of attention. We've watched you do that before over the years. I defend your right to have an opinion but isn't the nail even with the board? Or, do you think you have to keep pounding?
                    Nah I'm good. I don't intentionally strive to get drawn out into these debates. Just passionate on certain subjects that really ruffle my feathers. Hard to have these kinds of discussions through typed words on a messsage board.

Comment

when a thread leaves a terrible taste in your mouth

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

This thread is getting to be an embarrassment. Visitors to this board who casually read this thread are likely to get the false impression there is a push on this message board to change coaches. This thread is hilariously off topic and someone should call pie time!

Comment

I'm really regretting starting this thread about a playoff football game that we won TWO WEEKS ago.

Holy ****.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                            I'm really regretting starting this thread about a playoff football game that we won TWO WEEKS ago.
                            Holy ****.
                            Oh don't. I think it's good that certain people vent their fustrations. Stig is the head coach. Possibly some of this thread could be moved to new thread called Post season thoughts.

Comment

I only read back a few pages, because it appears to be stupid. My observations, some people think we have bad play calling (Coach Eidsness), some people do not like Stig, some people are trying to hard to compare us to NDSU.

1. In 2016 we had the top passing attack in FCS Football with a dual threat QB. In 2014, 2013, 2012 we had one of the top rushing attacks in FCS Football with a pocket passing QB. Through all of that, we have had the exact same OC. Props to Coach E for being able to gear his Offense towards his personal, and not just make it middle of the pack in running or passing, but TOP in the country. Takes a heck of an OC to be able to do that.
                              2. Stig may not know the X's and O's of Football like most head coaches out there. But he's going to make his teams play hard, play clean, be good citizens, and graduate. Not a lot of Universities out there will put morals and ethics ahead of wins and losses, and I applaud SDSU and Stig for doing so, all while leading to my point #3.
                              3. We are becoming one of the top FCS programs in the country. 10 years ago, what would you have thought if I told you that we would make the playoffs 5 years in a row, be able to compete with and beat MVFC powers such as UNI, SIU, YSU, Ill. St., WIN the MVFC, and become a consistent top 10 team in the country (I think you could argue that in 2014 and 2016 we were even a top 2-4 team outside of NDSU).
                              4. Our program is fairly/unfairly measured to NDSU due to both being in "The Dakotas" and having one word that separates the names of our schools South/North Dakota State University. What they have done is beyond remarkable, and guess what, so is what we have done. Guess what, no team in the country has been able to beat them. It's not just SDSU. They have won 20 something playoff games in a row! Is it unfair that our National Title chase will always have to go through them each year, yeah maybe, but we aren't the only team losing to them. In fact, we are one of the few teams that is occasionally coming close to getting them, whether it was the regular season this year or the near win in 2014. Heck even in the 2012 playoffs, take our their trick play momentum changer and who knows how that game turns out?

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
                                I only read back a few pages, because it appears to be stupid. My observations, some people think we have bad play calling (Coach Eidsness), some people do not like Stig, some people are trying to hard to compare us to NDSU.

1. In 2016 we had the top passing attack in FCS Football with a dual threat QB. In 2014, 2013, 2012 we had one of the top rushing attacks in FCS Football with a pocket passing QB. Through all of that, we have had the exact same OC. Props to Coach E for being able to gear his Offense towards his personal, and not just make it middle of the pack in running or passing, but TOP in the country. Takes a heck of an OC to be able to do that.
                                2. Stig may not know the X's and O's of Football like most head coaches out there. But he's going to make his teams play hard, play clean, be good citizens, and graduate. Not a lot of Universities out there will put morals and ethics ahead of wins and losses, and I applaud SDSU and Stig for doing so, all while leading to my point #3.
                                3. We are becoming one of the top FCS programs in the country. 10 years ago, what would you have thought if I told you that we would make the playoffs 5 years in a row, be able to compete with and beat MVFC powers such as UNI, SIU, YSU, Ill. St., WIN the MVFC, and become a consistent top 10 team in the country (I think you could argue that in 2014 and 2016 we were even a top 2-4 team outside of NDSU).
                                4. Our program is fairly/unfairly measured to NDSU due to both being in "The Dakotas" and having one word that separates the names of our schools South/North Dakota State University. What they have done is beyond remarkable, and guess what, so is what we have done. Guess what, no team in the country has been able to beat them. It's not just SDSU. They have won 20 something playoff games in a row! Is it unfair that our National Title chase will always have to go through them each year, yeah maybe, but we aren't the only team losing to them. In fact, we are one of the few teams that is occasionally coming close to getting them, whether it was the regular season this year or the near win in 2014. Heck even in the 2012 playoffs, take our their trick play momentum changer and who knows how that game turns out?
                                Thanks for adding to the small list of folks around here lately that are sensible.

Comment

Working...
                                X