Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Playoffs 2016: Nova

Originally posted by BrerRabbit View Post
    Maybe you guys are right. I think you're onto something.
    I think I'll reduce my emotional and financial investment in this program and just watch it go where it goes.
    Those of you who are so inclined seem by far the happiest. Here's to mediocrity!
    dont let the door hit you in the ass on your way out

Comment

Originally posted by BrerRabbit View Post
      Ha good one. People think that of me also, just look at the posts here. 8-3 and a trip to the playoffs is good enough for everyone but me apparently.
      After all, Stig's got this, right?
      Cripes, when did arguing for rationally examining the situation and realizing that progress has been made become being satisfied with mediocrity, and generally a .692 record isn't considered mediocre.

Comment

So, when are we allowed to increase expectations for this program? Asking for a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
          So, when are we allowed to increase expectations for this program? Asking for a friend.
          Could that also be the conversation among the football players and coaching staff???? They might be satisfied with winning the MVFC conference title and maybe just bag 2017.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

The insistence that those of us who don't think Stig should be fired and might deserve at least another year are reveling in mediocrity and do not also have increased expectations is what's baffling.

Rapid success is often rooted in unsustainable practices or reliance on a few key players and followed by irrelevance (think U of Miami), and I would much prefer continued success grounded on a stable foundation.

Comment

I know Meierkort is available!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                Cripes, when did arguing for rationally examining the situation and realizing that progress has been made become being satisfied with mediocrity, and generally a .692 record isn't considered mediocre.
                The main problem is that SDSU is just down the road a couple of hours from a program, the success of which puts Alabama to shame.

THAT'S the big problem in Brookings.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  The main problem is that SDSU is just down the road a couple of hours from a program, the success of which puts Alabama to shame.

So true. Proximity breeds more frustration than anything in this case. If this dynasty started 100s of miles away, we'd all be a better at discussing this.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

I agree wholeheartedly. The clear line in the sand on this board is those who are satisfied waiting for the Bison to stumble and come back to us and the field, while others demand accountability for why we are not there already. That division is clear and won't be rectified anytime soon.

My issue has always been about the playcalls in certain situations. These are not simply "bad" play calls as others have tried to sugarcoat it. These are bush league calls that are indefensible, yet no one else here wants to hold those coaches accountable for their utter stupidity in those situations. There, the bone is picked.

Comment

Wow, somebody needs a Snickers.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        Wow, somebody needs a Snickers.
                        Or maybe an updated resume.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I agree wholeheartedly. The clear line in the sand on this board is those who are satisfied waiting for the Bison to stumble and come back to us and the field, while others demand accountability for why we are not there already. That division is clear and won't be rectified anytime soon.

My issue has always been about the playcalls in certain situations. These are not simply "bad" play calls as others have tried to sugarcoat it. These are bush league calls that are indefensible, yet no one else here wants to hold those coaches accountable for their utter stupidity in those situations. There, the bone is picked.
                          I guarantee you that any coach you think could replace Stig will have a TK22867 somewhere railing against his "bush league" calls too.

If you want to cherry pick statements, let me state it slightly differently, I want the Jacks to become a long-term competitor for the Bison, not a flash in the pan that may advance to the FCS Championship and then falter in subsequent years. Accountability does not always mean firing someone, and if you are going to fire a coach after a season like this one, you probably better be ready to change coaches every couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                            I guarantee you that any coach you think could replace Stig will have a TK22867 somewhere railing against his "bush league" calls too.

If you want to cherry pick statements, let me state it slightly differently, I want the Jacks to become a long-term competitor for the Bison, not a flash in the pan that may advance to the FCS Championship and then falter in subsequent years. Accountability does not always mean firing someone, and if you are going to fire a coach after a season like this one, you probably better be ready to change coaches every couple years.
                            Who is suggesting he should be fired now?

Comment

The items of continued improvement over the past 5 years (with the exception of course of the 5 (maybe 6) time NCs), have already been enumerated. So I'll just leave it as this...noting that you have indicated that if Stig doesn't win a NC, and doesn't get fired...you'll be dropping out of existence, my question is: How will this board and program ever get along without you? Your bone will be picked clean.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                                Who is suggesting he should be fired now?
                                You'll have to forgive me for interpreting TK's diatribe as supporting such a tack and for doing the same with statements made in the Bison GDT.

It'd be great if similar questions were asked of those asserting that Stig "apologists" are basking in mediocrity.

Comment

Working...
                                X