Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All thing playoffs.

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    Well this upset does hurt us quite a bit IMHO. Now if we win against Nova, after a tough game, we get to face a well rested NDSU team that basically got a bye week and a scrimmage. Lovely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I tend to agree. However, a small part of me hopes that maybe a cupcake game after a first Rd bye will leave ndsu rusty going into our game, provided we beat nova. Maybe that's just wishful thinking. Like I said, I more so agree with your thinking, probably more of a good thing for the bidaughters than it is us.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      They do have a good record 11-1. Interesting, Drake finished third behind Dayton in the Pioneer League standings.
      That pretty much tells you why they went 11-1.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
        That pretty much tells you why they went 11-1.

I recall several comments about letting our play down against Drake. The whole point in mentioning this is that some of these non-scholly schools do manage to find some talented players. USD might have enough to pull another upset. I know I full of it, but you never know. We will find out next Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by He hate me View Post
          I tend to agree. However, a small part of me hopes that maybe a cupcake game after a first Rd bye will leave ndsu rusty going into our game, provided we beat nova. Maybe that's just wishful thinking. Like I said, I more so agree with your thinking, probably more of a good thing for the bidaughters than it is us.
          I'm more worried about Jacks' rust against Villanova. IMHO they would be a lower-division MVFC school (and USD might have beaten St. Francis by three scores) but Villanova can score. I think they'll have trouble with our offense, but a shootout would not be a good prescription. You never know what happens in those.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
            So after today this is the new reality:

San Diego > Cal Poly > SDSU > NDSU....

Wow, that loss at home to Cal Poly is just embarrassing. Especially the way their O-line just dominated us that day. We need to bring a new intensity level to the playoffs, Villanova is a solid team. Not flashy, but gets it done on O with a very good defense. We will have success if we can convert TDs in the redzone.
            I disagree on the defense... Their opponent would have had trouble scoring on an MVFC team and they made it close...

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              I'm more worried about Jacks' rust against Villanova. IMHO they would be a lower-division MVFC school (and USD might have beaten St. Francis by three scores) but Villanova can score. I think they'll have trouble with our offense, but a shootout would not be a good prescription. You never know what happens in those.
              Not enough time to accumulate any rust, but Villanova looks like a team. I hope we can stop their QB. He threw a pick 6 yesterday against a team that I dunno looked like a team USD could have beaten by 3 scores. Lower division MVFC sometimes looks pretty darn good on a given Saturday. I think this will be a game.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                Why not go big? San Diego>CP>SDSU>NDSU>Iowa>Michigan

BTW Harbaugh's first head coaching job was at San Diego.
                HAHA, that's the spirit!!

Comment

I recall several comments about letting our play down against Drake. The whole point in mentioning this is that some of these non-scholly schools do manage to find some talented players. USD might have enough to pull another upset. I know I full of it, but you never know. We will find out next Saturday.
                  USD's one RB, Hodges, is a transfer from Cal. He seemed like he might've been beat up toward the end of the game. He's similar to Mengarelli in size

Comment

Oh I don't think you're full of it at all, I wouldn't mind if they pulled the upset for sure. I doubt the Bison in playoff mode overlook anybody unfortunately. You don't have their run by underestimating teams.
                    Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                    Nova would have been around 3rd or 4th in the Valley IMHO. They seem to be like YSU with a little bit better offense. I doubt we end up in a shootout with them. If anything I'm worried about us converting drives into TDs. That's been what has cost us in games against tough defenses. We never have trouble moving the ball on any team, it's just punching it in like the NDSU game or ISUr game.

Novas defense is the real deal. They only gave up 250 yards to Pitt and 270 to a very talented JMU offense. We will see if we are as good as many of us believe we are for sure.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

• Re: All thing playoffs.

Since it is not a Valley game are they going to allow us to "Ring the Bells"

Comment

Also why cant this game be on TV. I was planning to go but my entire family is quilt tripping me since its my nieces birthday. I tried to compromise and move the birthday party from SF to the stadium.......needless to say that didn't go over well. Would love to go but as of now will be stuck watching on TV. I would love to go for the triple header, wish all 3 were on midco though. since they guys are there for the games, how much work would it be too also have the football game in there? Might have to pay Tom Neiman overtime then.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Re: All things playoffs.

Has their been any news on injuries for the nova game? Seems we were pretty dinged up to end the year, like most teams are. with the bye week, hopefully we will get some guys healed a little better.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            Also why cant this game be on TV. I was planning to go but my entire family is quilt tripping me since its my nieces birthday. I tried to compromise and move the birthday party from SF to the stadium.......needless to say that didn't go over well. Would love to go but as of now will be stuck watching on TV. I would love to go for the triple header, wish all 3 were on midco though. since they guys are there for the games, how much work would it be too also have the football game in there? Might have to pay Tom Neiman overtime then.
                            The game is on TV. As to why it's not on Midco? ESPN paid for the rights to broadcast FCS playoff games. It isn't about the "extra" work it would take.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              The game is on TV. As to why it's not on Midco? ESPN paid for the rights to broadcast FCS playoff games. It isn't about the "extra" work it would take.
                              ESPN3 is on TV? Thought it was just online.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                ESPN3 is on TV? Thought it was just online.

They FIXED your typo!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X