Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ UNI for the MVFC title!

Originally posted by LetsGetJacked View Post
    David Brown from Midco here. I shot the video for tonight's game and got this great video at the end. Enjoy! https://youtu.be/kr0ylaKMFL4

THANK YOU!!!!!!!
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
      THANK YOU!!!!!!!
      Yes, thank you David. Ideally that won't be the last Gatorade shower this season/postseason.

Comment

MVFC Conference Champion ought to qualify as the next step. Congratulations to the SDSU Jackrabbit 2016 Football team and coaching staff! Good luck in the playoffs! Go Jacks!!
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Oh my God, the officials.
          1. There was a giant block in the back on Mears on UNI's 1st TD. (There was also 1 on Rozeboom but that was iffy)
          2. The late hit on the sideline was atrocious.
          3. The no-call PI on Weineke was terrible, and the official was right there.
          4. After the fumbled punt, the deep ball to Weineke that he caught, was also interference. Sure he caught it, but no flag was thrown.
          5. On Paris TD run, UNI defender grabbed his face mask and twisted. No flag.
          6. On last UNI drive. Late hit on one of our DL's after play. WR was tackled and had gotten up, when our lineman got thrown down into the picture.
          7. Also on last drive. UNI tackled inbounds near sideline. Receiver rolls out of bounds after tackle. Clock stops mysteriously for 20-25 seconds. It was not a 1st down.
          8. They weren't going to call grounding until Stig threw a fit. They were going to let it go.
          And I am grateful for espn3, so we can watch the games. But good lord, the announcers.
          How many times did I hear "just a sophomore" about their qb.
          And how they were moving the ball so well. Look at their rushing stats. Their longest runs were by their "wildcat" qb.
          The Jackrabbits dominated this game. Won by 21 with all those crappy calls going against us.
          It wasn't as close as 21.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
            Oh my God, the officials.
            1. There was a giant block in the back on Mears on UNI's 1st TD. (There was also 1 on Rozeboom but that was iffy)
            2. The late hit on the sideline was atrocious.
            3. The no-call PI on Weineke was terrible, and the official was right there.
            4. After the fumbled punt, the deep ball to Weineke that he caught, was also interference. Sure he caught it, but no flag was thrown.
            5. On Paris TD run, UNI defender grabbed his face mask and twisted. No flag.
            6. On last UNI drive. Late hit on one of our DL's after play. WR was tackled and had gotten up, when our lineman got thrown down into the picture.
            7. Also on last drive. UNI tackled inbounds near sideline. Receiver rolls out of bounds after tackle. Clock stops mysteriously for 20-25 seconds. It was not a 1st down.
            8. They weren't going to call grounding until Stig threw a fit. They were going to let it go.
            And I am grateful for espn3, so we can watch the games. But good lord, the announcers.
            How many times did I hear "just a sophomore" about their qb.
            And how they were moving the ball so well. Look at their rushing stats. Their longest runs were by their "wildcat" qb.
            The Jackrabbits dominated this game. Won by 21 with all those crappy calls going against us.
            It wasn't as close as 21.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
            You must have a good memory.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
              Shoutout to those fans who didn't write off the Jacks after their loss to Illinois State. Seed and first round bye, here we come!
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                I understand the skepticism, but honestly... Show me s scenario where we don't get a seed.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  I understand the skepticism, but honestly... Show me s scenario where we don't get a seed.
                  The committee hasn't ever given us a break. Im not counting my chickens yet.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post

I can easily see the committee not putting SDSU ahead of UCA solely based on record (9-2 vs 8-3). Even with their FBS win, you and I know that's vs a drastically worse schedule. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the committee doesn't see it that way. Even with the schmucking UCA took today, it was vs a higher ranked team, and I can see them not dropping them due to that.

I can easily see the committee not putting SDSU ahead of Richmond as well. Same record, again, even with their FBS win, vs a lighter schedule. Because East Coast bias.

Add in that would mean UND would probably leap both as well, and that'd mean 3 Dakota teams seeded? Yeah, I can easily easily see them not seeding SDSU.

I'll sit and wait and expect to not be seeded and be very happy if I'm wrong, rather than be pissed that I was right.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Highlights are out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJuecFoAC6g

On the int to salt the game, poor old #74 for UNI (6:05 mark)...gotta hand it to that kid, he gave it his absolute all to try to catch Soulek...almost wish he'da caught him!

Comment

I can easily see the committee not putting SDSU ahead of UCA solely based on record (9-2 vs 8-3). Even with their FBS win, you and I know that's vs a drastically worse schedule. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the committee doesn't see it that way. Even with the schmucking UCA took today, it was vs a higher ranked team, and I can see them not dropping them due to that.

I can easily see the committee not putting SDSU ahead of Richmond as well. Same record, again, even with their FBS win, vs a lighter schedule. Because East Coast bias.

Add in that would mean UND would probably leap both as well, and that'd mean 3 Dakota teams seeded? Yeah, I can easily easily see them not seeding SDSU.

I'll sit and wait and expect to not be seeded and be very happy if I'm wrong, rather than be pissed that I was right.
                        Two of our 3 losses could be to FCS teams that wont make the playoffs. Our FCS loss doesnt look great since TCU is currently .500. The committee could easily not give us a seed.

We win vs Poly or ISUr and we are seeded. We dropped both so we are firmly on the bubble.

Comment

Highlights are out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJuecFoAC6g

On the int to salt the game, poor old #74 for UNI (6:05 mark)...gotta hand it to that kid, he gave it his absolute all to try to catch Soulek...almost wish he'da caught him!
                          I think it was #75 but yeah that's all effort there. Game was over. I've got respect for him.

Soulek was absolutely gassed after that!

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            I think it was #75 but yeah that's all effort there. Game was over. I've got respect for him.

Soulek was absolutely gassed after that!
                            No, I'm talking #74, bottom of the screen.

Comment

No, I'm talking #74, bottom of the screen.
                              I didnt even notice him! Both those guys gave max effort on that. Good for them.

Comment

I understand not being optimistic about a seed to avoid being disappointed, but aren't UCA and Richmond in exactly the same situation as the Jacks were a year ago ? The Jacks were widely considered to be somewhere in the 6 to 8 seed range, and got dropped after losing in Macomb. And that was in overtime to a playoff team. Both Richmond and UCA got hammered yesterday, one to a .500 team. If the committee shows any kind of consistency, both the Jacks and UND should jump those teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X