Hobo Day 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobo Day 2016

Youngstown State comes to town as the only other unbeaten in the conference. Imagine it is the first time Bo Pelini has been to Brookings. Should be a dandy!

Re: Hobo Day 2016

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Youngstown State comes to town as the only other unbeaten in the conference. Imagine it is the first time Bo Pelini has been to Brookings. Should be a dandy!
    I want to beat that POS Pelini by 50

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
      This!! Make it 60 with our offense!!
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
        One of the reasons we got tix on the East side was to have a great view of Pelini having a stroke on the sidelines!!

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
          One of the reasons we got tix on the East side was to have a great view of Pelini having a stroke on the sidelines!!
          I approve this message. I was in Nebraska both times. #neverforget Rabbits all day everyday. There will actually be a catch that bounces off Weineke's helmet, tipped by Goedert and into Landberg's hands, it will be dubbed the Triple Crown reception......
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
            I approve this message. I was in Nebraska both times. #neverforget Rabbits all day everyday. There will actually be a catch that bounces off Weineke's helmet, tipped by Goedert and into Landberg's hands, it will be dubbed the Triple Crown reception......
            It has appeared that the Jackrabbit receptions should all be ruled complete by officials requiring substantive evidence to reverse.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

It's time to get the Hobo Day monkey off the Jacks back. The only players on this team that knows what it"s like to win on Hobo Day are the fifth year seniors. Don't know if it's coincidence, or players get too amped up or too many distractions or what the reason is. If the Jacks win this game, they will have already defeated what may be the 3 other best teams in the Valley - NDSU, WIU and Youngstown. And these 3 haven't played each other yet - they will be knocking each other off in the coming weeks. Win this game and the Jacks become the favorites to win the Valley.

Comment

So... Sounds like the guins might be rolling out their 3rd string QB this weekend with their 1st and 2nd stringers out with injuries. I'm not one to celebrate injuries, but that certainly makes me feel better about this game. They're still a good team, but that will make things very difficult for them.

With the combination of recent hobo day catastrophes and the possibility of a let down game after the big emotional win, our guys will really have to refocus quickly. Having said that, I don't think we'll blow them out, but I predict a Jacks win by 10.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  So... Sounds like the guins might be rolling out their 3rd string QB this weekend with their 1st and 2nd stringers out with injuries. I'm not one to celebrate injuries, but that certainly makes me feel better about this game. They're still a good team, but that will make things very difficult for them.

With the combination of recent hobo day catastrophes and the possibility of a let down game after the big emotional win, our guys will really have to refocus quickly. Having said that, I don't think we'll blow them out, but I predict a Jacks win by 10.
                  I(f that's the case, be prepared to load up the box and make them beat us through the air.

Comment

Well, after a program defining win like last week will it be a challenge to get these guys focused back in on Youngstown State? For the same reasons that they won in Fargo I believe they do and will be ready.

It is hard to imagine how much the outlook of our season changed with that one win. I know the coaches and players all talk about going 1-0. That is what you have to do but this was a BIG ONE! For good reasons, it is almost taken for granted the loss in Fargo. Yes, we all believe and cheer hard for the Jacks but the past record is what it is. This may finally be the time we turn things around moving forward.

Now, instead of an uphill climb to make the playoffs, we are in the drivers seats! This is such a huge opportunity for this program and I have no doubt that the coaches and the leaders on this team will have them ready to go for this weekend just like they were ready in Fargo. In fact, I think we will see them play with a confidence like we haven't seen in years. There has been a lot of talk about this program taking the next step. Well, a giant leap happened last Saturday in Fargo. Time to keep climbing the ladder. That starts this week at Hobo Day!

FRANKLY, NOW IT IS ON US FANS TO DO OUR PART AND FILL THE DANA FOR HOBO DAY! It's time to create our own huge home fireld advantage! Youngstown State has a really good team and say what you want about Pelini, he will have them ready to play!

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                      Well, after a program defining win like last week will it be a challenge to get these guys focused back in on Youngstown State? For the same reasons that they won in Fargo I believe they do and will be ready.

It is hard to imagine how much the outlook of our season changed with that one win. I know the coaches and players all talk about going 1-0. That is what you have to do but this was a BIG ONE! For good reasons, it is almost taken for granted the loss in Fargo. Yes, we all believe and cheer hard for the Jacks but the past record is what it is. This may finally be the time we turn things around moving forward.

Now, instead of an uphill climb to make the playoffs, we are in the drivers seats! This is such a huge opportunity for this program and I have no doubt that the coaches and the leaders on this team will have them ready to go for this weekend just like they were ready in Fargo. In fact, I think we will see them play with a confidence like we haven't seen in years. There has been a lot of talk about this program taking the next step. Well, a giant leap happened last Saturday in Fargo. Time to keep climbing the ladder. That starts this week at Hobo Day!

FRANKLY, NOW IT IS ON US FANS TO DO OUR PART AND FILL THE DANA FOR HOBO DAY! It's time to create our own huge home fireld advantage! Youngstown State has a really good team and say what you want about Pelini, he will have them ready to play!

SUPERBUNNY
                      Not only in the drivers seat for the playoffs, but a win against YSU would put us in the driver's seat for a conference title. NDSU has tough road games @ WIU and @ UNI the next two weeks. Jacks already have the tie-breaker over the Bison in a 2-team tie. Long way to go, but it would put us in a really good spot. After YSU, there are 3 very winnable games in a row.

I saw in their last game, YSU had a 22 play TD drive. They ran it 20 out of those 22 plays. However, for the game, they rushed it 61 times but for only 3.7 YPC. Jacks need to bottle the run and force them to throw with the 3rd string QB. YSU will do everything it can not to have him throw very much.

Is it Saturday yet?

Comment

A huge game for our season's prospects. A win against YSU would make it 4 straight wins, with 3 of the 4 against teams ranked in the Top Ten.

Also, this looks to be the toughest game remaining on the schedule with UNI and ISU's struggles this season. We also get USD, another potential playoff team, at home.

The cards are lined up for us to run the table and get an at-worst top 4 seed, which would put us at home until the semi-finals.

Let's go boys!

Comment

Can't afford a letdown next week.

I am worried about Youngstown running the ball...and their defense is for real.

Going to take another complete team effort like this past week. And that is tough to do in this conference.

But, I have been super impressed with the team this year. Seems like they have progressed as the season has gone on. Certainly didn't expect to run the ball like they did on NDSU. I believe if the focus is there, and it hopefully will be, the Jackrabbits should pull this out, with a 3rd string QB in there. But you never know... sometimes these guys come in, and play great.

Comment

I know this is mostly to talk about the game, but I still wanted to put this here. Happy Hobo Week!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vcE...M&spfreload=10
                            Rollin' in my 5.0
                            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

I completely expect a very big crowd Saturday. This is the Jacks chance to set the tone for the rest of the season and maybe hook some new fans. We can't have a let down. We just can't. It's been our MO to have one every year, well we finally got the bison of our back now let's get this one of our backs too.

Go Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                              X