GDT: @ NDSU for the Marker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: @ NDSU for the Marker!

Good things: Oline is strong and not getting beat. Dline is playing well but hasn't made any drive-breaking plays.

Bad things: TC not super accurate. One big dropped throw. Play calling makes me want to punch myself in the face at times. And still unlucky as **** in the dome.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      i saw on the one camera shot the ball hit Jakes chest,bounce in the air and come down in his grasp.How can i see this on TV and they can't and they're right there?I know i was right because Jake was gesturing it hit him in the shoulder,i thought it was his chest area.The commrnters were more concerned whether it was targeting on what's his name,instead of wether the throw was a touchdown or not .Poor commentators, very one dimensional in their focus,very poor commenting crew in my opinion.
      Most Bison fans agree with your view of the commentators. We either mute it, ignore it, or do what I do and listen to the radio team. The problem with the replay is that there were only two angles. In one case, the receiver's body and arm covered up exactly what the ball bounced off of. On the other angle, the cameraman didn't get the camera low enough, so the bounce was out of frame. So they didn't show the ball hitting the ground, but they also did not show the ball not hitting the ground. Because of that, the play had to stand as called on the field. Personally, I agree that it likely didn't hit the ground and should have been ruled a TD.

Can we agree that the only thing worse than the TV production team today has been the officials? God they've sucked. Hope the head linesman gets downgraded enough to be kicked back to DII/DIII.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        Officials reviewed it when they reviewed the targeting call. Stig did not challenge. It was the replay official's decision to look at the "incomplete pass."
        Okay thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
          Most Bison fans agree with your view of the commentators. We either mute it, ignore it, or do what I do and listen to the radio team. The problem with the replay is that there were only two angles. In one case, the receiver's body and arm covered up exactly what the ball bounced off of. On the other angle, the cameraman didn't get the camera low enough, so the bounce was out of frame. So they didn't show the ball hitting the ground, but they also did not show the ball not hitting the ground. Because of that, the play had to stand as called on the field. Personally, I agree that it likely didn't hit the ground and should have been ruled a TD.

Can we agree that the only thing worse than the TV production team today has been the officials? God they've sucked. Hope the head linesman gets downgraded enough to be kicked back to DII/DIII.
          Is that because of his inability to spot the ball and continual deference to the umpire about what's going on?

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post

Agree with this. Some of these spots (for both teams) have been terrible.

Comment

I think despite the long drives for nothing on the scoreboard,we look like the better team....so far anyway.Good job Jacks and keep it up.We are the more dynamic team, the one that provides all the drama to the game,the one that is electric and brings to the game the big playmakers everyone wants to watch...not the Bison.That's my own bias showing,but it very well could also be true.This can all change quickly I know,but so far it's looking like a very positive performance so far.The Bison aren't gonna make anything easy for anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                I think despite the long drives for nothing on the scoreboard,we look like the better team....so far anyway.Good job Jacks and keep it up.We are the more dynamic team, the one that provides all the drama to the game,the one that is electric and brings to the game the big playmakers everyone wants to watch...not the Bison.That's my own bias showing,but it very well could also be true.
                This is probably the best the Jacks have moved the ball on the Bison in a long time. Maybe since the '14 playoff game. They just can't finish in the red zone.

However, the D can't really seem to stop them. Haven't given up the big play, but haven't gotten to Stick or had any TFLs.

Comment

3rd and 7 for NDSU and Stick runs for the first down. Jacks should have had him. Jacks left entire side of field wide open after not getting him in the backfield.

Banasiak down again. Appears to be hurt.

Comment

At some point, the defense is gonna have to make a big play. Haven't got to Stick all day.

And on cue, Stick with a 26 yard TD run.

NDSU 17, SDSU 3.

SDSU defense just can't get off the field.

Comment

Well this game is probably over

Comment

NDSU amps up their play calling. Driving again and SDSU cannot buy a 3rd down stop if they had lots of money. And then Stick breaks one to the end zone.

Comment

This is what good teams do,press the advantage and stretch it out .If we want a different result instead of the one the last five years or so,we can't let them score on their first possession of the second half.We have to change the scenario a little from what it's been in the past.Keep the game close.

Comment

A touchdown on this drive is non-negotiable.
                            Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Is this a rerun? I've seen that same drive by NDSU in every second half for the past 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jacks continue to move the ball well. They've just got to score!
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X