X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ NDSU for the Marker!

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
    SDSU is also now ranked #7 in the STATS media poll and NDSU is #4
    out of curiosity where is Cal poly? whats their record?
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      out of curiosity where is Cal poly? whats their record?
      17th. https://twitter.com/FCS_STATS/status/788065532876558337
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
        I'm saying you are making a definite statement by calling "bull". Whether it was intentional or not is 50/50. Also, as a team I would never accuse SDSU of trying to injure. Individual players, who knows. Like I said, I'm not making the accusation either...just no knowing the intent.

Here's the play. https://youtu.be/Vh4Mw_1jBfM?t=15m18s
        Yes I regret using the word BULL, and watching this play on the video link it does not look good for Christian Rozeboom No 2. He has been one of our bight spots on defense and his actions here are not really that honorable, but its a fast moving game. Having a foot hold you dont want to let go.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Yes I regret using the word BULL, and watching this play on the video link it does not look good for Christian Rozeboom No 2. He has been one of our bight spots on defense and his actions here are not really that honorable, but its a fast moving game. Having a foot hold you dont want to let go.
          I think we are in complete agreement. It is a tough one to judge. The video does not look good, but it is a full contact sport. Emotions are high and he has to get the player down. I'm not looking for anyone to say he's guilty...it just isn't an obvious innocence like some are saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
            I actually know the kid personally. There is no way that he would do something like that to injure on purpose. He is a great person as well as football player. Christian slipped down to the feet of Bruce and tried to get Bruce to the ground. It is an unfortunate play that he got twisted up like that. However, Christian is not that type of person.
            In his defense and having watched No 8, on film for a week, Christian knew this guy could slip away very easy and score six. The fact that he got a hold of his foot meant that you dont let go. Now if Anderson would have went down if he would have been using his head, but instead he twisted in the opposite direction and brought his own injury on himself. Christian is one of the shining stars on defense and he should not be punished for his tackling method. Decades ago, when I was playing B squad football at Brookings High. They told us time and time again to aim for the ankles when tackling a runner.

Bulldog and everyone else from NW Iowa should be very proud of Christian.

Comment

I think we are in complete agreement. It is a tough one to judge. The video does not look good, but it is a full contact sport. Emotions are high and he has to get the player down. I'm not looking for anyone to say he's guilty...it just isn't an obvious innocence like some are saying.
              It is hard to judge. I will say that if the twist happened after the #8 was brought down or the play was blown dead, I would be more inclined to call it dirty. As it is, play was ongoing and #8 was still fighting, I'm inclined to believe Roseboom was just trying to make a football play.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Son of a gun, that was a rough one.

Well coached game by Stig, he grew a pair...even though y'all went 2/6 on 4th down, you got the two that counted big time.

Now go stumble and fall against someone in the Valley for us, please.
                2011, '12, '13, '14, '15, '17 '18 & '19 FCS National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                  It is hard to judge. I will say that if the twist happened after the #8 was brought down or the play was blown dead, I would be more inclined to call it dirty. As it is, play was ongoing and #8 was still fighting, I'm inclined to believe Roseboom was just trying to make a football play.
                  Agreed. Defenders twist the leg of ball carriers all the time to get them down, especially if they feel like they are breaking away. It is dirty if he's on the ground or in a pile.
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

AGS posters and of course bisonville are bitching about the injury to Bison No 8. Bruce Anderson. They are claiming and intentional harm. Bull!!!!!
                    Looked similar to a wrestling move, though I know you are limited in your leverage. Both were competing very hard, probably shouldn't have been done, but what do I know.

Comment

He was trying to bring him down,ordinarily a guy would go down ,getting your leg twisted,but he didn't know that he couldn't follow the twisting motion because the guys at the top were preventing him.Looking at it,it looks like Anderson had enough Jacks on the top side to get him down without the twisting movement,but Christian was unaware probably.Is that twisting motion illegal,or just generally not done because of the injury possibilities?Usually,things that can cause injury such as "targeting" etc are prohibited and penalized,but in the heat of battle they still occur,maybe reacting by instinct before thinking about what may happen i would say he is guilty of,but deliberate intension to harm is a little bit of a stretch without reading what he was thinking.He's Young yet,he'll probably learn from this and adjust,don't want him to quit being aggressive,but still aware that certain things may cause injury.Next time he's got someones leg he might not twist and the guy kicks free and runs for a td ,who knows,then he gets a lot of grief for "sloppy tackling" or whatever.Hope Anderson recovers well and the Bison get him back on the field in time for the playoffs.

Comment

Taryn C named National FCS Offensive Player of the Week.

(and that's after getting a good shove to assist him in running out of bounds early in the game, hit the wall and come out a touch gimpy...just me or did anyone else wonder why the guys on the sideline didn't do the usual sportsmanlike act of grabbing the runner to keep him from crashing into the wall? Anyone else notice that later in the game on one of his runs, TC covered the yards we needed and the defenders were closing in so he slid. But the guy credited with a "tackle" seemed to make sure he got an elbow in TC's neck the moment he was down. All-in-all, It was a hard-hitting game and lots of plays could be second-guessed. If the Jacks hadn't pulled this one off, it would be Jacks fans yelling "foul" and accusing the victors of dirty play.
                        I think an objective viewer would make no accusations against either team.)

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          I know others complained in others threads about how sdsu never has a new wrinkle against ndsu. During the game I couldn't understand why people were complaining about tc running so many plays. Maybe I missed it but it seemed very effective. All he hs ran this year was zone option read. This was a new look and ndsu was not ready for it. It's a nice option we have now. That teams have to prepare for. A few times a game now and it's a huge weapon. Think how much more open the passing game can be if they are worried tc will run it. The going for it was great. But really stig should have ran it the first time for sure. Line up under center. That like football 101. I was actually hoping to see something like the wildcat look and run a Florida Tebow fake run and just peel the tight end over the top.
                          It makes perfect sense this year, doesn't it?

Comment

Here's hoping we aren't guessing players motives the rest of the season,not to the extent we have this game anyway.

Comment

Reference to the video: I think I'll dub it Tacklegate.
                              I'd roll to my back. Much more preferable being drug across by your back then face down in my opinion. So there you have it, Rozeboom was protecting his face from **** flying up in his mask. Or inertia took him over. Or he wanted to see people were coming to help him make the tackle. Or I don't really give a ****, it's football and every time we play NDSU some jackwagon starts crying about lame **** after the game. Every fricking year. If the player doesn't want to drag a defensive player by their ankles, then run faster.......go down to the turf when someone has you by the feet. No apologies here and not going to ***** foot around it(pun intended). **** happens, play or watch a different sport. Taught to play to the whistle and taught to tackle by the shoestrings and any means necessary.
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

One of the most difficult things to judge is intent. Especially during a play while doing something legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
                                X