Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ NDSU for the Marker!

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I feel good about Sat. Our offense had the great Bison defense guessing. That has not happened since Ralph Ginn hung it up.
    Huh? Everybody kept NDSU guessing for most of Ginn's tenure... They were horrible until the last half dozen years Ginn was in Brookings and even at that the Jackrabbilts still lost nine of last 11 to Bison under him... During Ginn's 22 years at SDSU the Bison had nearly as many winless seasons (four) as winning seasons (five)...

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
      Huh? Everybody kept NDSU guessing for most of Ginn's tenure... They were horrible until the last half dozen years Ginn was in Brookings and even at that the Jackrabbilts still lost nine of last 11 to Bison under him... During Ginn's 22 years at SDSU the Bison had nearly as many winless seasons (four) as winning seasons (five)...
      Yes I recall a number of years were NDSU, USD and Morningside fought to get out of the basement of the NCC conference. Also Ralph Ginn's top assistant, Bob Danielsen, took over a woefully underfunded program at NDSU in 1957. Bob's oldest daughter Sharon was in my confirmation class at First Lutheran. We were the first class confirmed at touch down Jesus, 1956. Shortly after they left for Fargo. One big reason Bob could not get anything going was the president at NDSU. He had this silly notion that it was wrong to go downtown and beg for money. Even that far back there were anxious people who would have given their shirts off their backs to win a football game. What happened after Bob went 0-10 in 1962? Somewhere in there the President either retired or got fired, so the next guy canned Bob and from then on, it was nothing but change. The Team Makers were formed and the bucks flowed freely and they started recruiting everywhere where they had not in the past. I still feel bad for Bob, he was truly a victim of circumstances. They should have given him a chance with the new inflow of financial resources, but they opted for the bigger winner form Adams State Co. Darrell Mudra, who apparently knew a great about offense and defense. The rest is history, but the reason I flashed back all the way to Ralph Ginn, was there have been so many recent games where, NDSU knew exactly where the next play was coming.

Not long ago, a big joke on Bisonville was how long is a Zenner? The answer was 9 yards, which was his total running offense in a game in Brookings I believe. Also when I was watching the game in Fargo on TV, the commentators were blowing off about the Bison holding Illinois State and Missouri State to less than 50 yards. They had no clue that Christion could run and pass to his favorite targets Wienke and Goedert. So we got them guessing really guessing.

Comment

A NDSU Fan is ripping Zimmer for posting/tweeting a picture of the Dakota Marker that is located in the football offices. Said Zim can't be an objective journalist by posting the photo.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          A NDSU Fan is ripping Zimmer for posting/tweeting a picture of the Dakota Marker that is located in the football offices. Said Zim can't be an objective journalist by posting the photo.
          It's good for'em. They're like a bunch of spoiled high schoolers' up there sometimes.
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Yes I recall a number of years were NDSU, USD and Morningside fought to get out of the basement of the NCC conference. Also Ralph Ginn's top assistant, Bob Danielsen, took over a woefully underfunded program at NDSU in 1957. Bob's oldest daughter Sharon was in my confirmation class at First Lutheran. We were the first class confirmed at touch down Jesus, 1956. Shortly after they left for Fargo. One big reason Bob could not get anything going was the president at NDSU. He had this silly notion that it was wrong to go downtown and beg for money. Even that far back there were anxious people who would have given their shirts off their backs to win a football game. What happened after Bob went 0-10 in 1962? Somewhere in there the President either retired or got fired, so the next guy canned Bob and from then on, it was nothing but change. The Team Makers were formed and the bucks flowed freely and they started recruiting everywhere where they had not in the past. I still feel bad for Bob, he was truly a victim of circumstances. They should have given him a chance with the new inflow of financial resources, but they opted for the bigger winner form Adams State Co. Darrell Mudra, who apparently knew a great about offense and defense. The rest is history, but the reason I flashed back all the way to Ralph Ginn, was there have been so many recent games where, NDSU knew exactly where the next play was coming.

Not long ago, a big joke on Bisonville was how long is a Zenner? The answer was 9 yards, which was his total running offense in a game in Brookings I believe. Also when I was watching the game in Fargo on TV, the commentators were blowing off about the Bison holding Illinois State and Missouri State to less than 50 yards. They had no clue that Christion could run and pass to his favorite targets Wienke and Goedert. So we got them guessing really guessing.
            A Zenner is 4 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
              A Zenner is 4 yards.
              Thanks my friend, it was close. 12 feet, not a good day for Zach. He scored a TD yesterday against the Redskins.

Comment

Thanks my friend, it was close. 12 feet, not a good day for Zach. He scored a TD yesterday against the Redskins.
                If you guys had Zenner this year I would say a NC would be a given...

Comment

Yes maybe so, but Mangerilli had a good game Saturday. YSU seemed to have double teamed Wienke the entire game so they ran the ball more than against NDSU. A NC will happen when it happens. Its like Yogi said, when you come to a fork in the road, you take it.

Comment

Yes maybe so, but Mangerilli had a good game Saturday. YSU seemed to have double teamed Wienke the entire game so they ran the ball more than against NDSU. A NC will happen when it happens. Its like Yogi said, when you come to a fork in the road, you take it.
                    Yeah, no doubt. Not saying you can't/won't win it this year...just Zenner would have been such a huge weapon to have on an offense with three great weapons already. I am curious how SDSU will do when the weather turns cold. Will that hurt the passing game? Who knows...

Comment

Yeah, no doubt. Not saying you can't/won't win it this year...just Zenner would have been such a huge weapon to have on an offense with three great weapons already. I am curious how SDSU will do when the weather turns cold. Will that hurt the passing game? Who knows...
                      I'm somewhat worried about changing weather and our running game as well, but have definitely been encouraged the last two weeks with what we've been able to do on the ground against great defenses in NDSU and YSU.

Big key is to keep TC healthy. He's been taking a lot of hits the last two weeks with all of the designed runs.

Comment

Our passing could go either way. Hoping for a continued Indian Summer fall. ( A warm fall is often called an Indian Summer, why?) I have no idea.

Comment

If I recall correctly, Jacks have had some big passing games with snow on the field. Receivers have a big advantage because they know where they are going and the DB's have to react.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            If I recall correctly, Jacks have had some big passing games with snow on the field. Receivers have a big advantage because they know where they are going and the DB's have to react.
                            Yup. Just one example here. This game had absolutely miserable conditions.

http://sdstate_ftp.sidearmsports.com..._FB/sdsf10.htm
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

As long as wind is not a problem, the offense definitely has the advantage.

Comment

.....and Danny Batten, and TJ Lally, and Kyle Minnett, and and....the Run game has been fine, we just did over 100 yda against two of the best defenses in the FCS. I can handle that. Teams will double team Weineke and Linebackers and Safeties will have to watch Goedert, plus now you have to plant a spy on TC. it will open that run game up even more.
                                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                                X