GDT: @ NDSU for the Marker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ NDSU for the Marker!

I was actually happy to see the Jacks play aggressively throughout the game, even on those first-half, fourth-down plays. It shows confidence and let's the other team know they are in for a fight. Great win.
    This space for lease.

Comment

The D deserves a lot of credit. They held the Bison to a three and out in the closing minutes, when it really mattered. The offense didn't have much trouble moving ball, with the exception of couple of goal line plays.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
        D-Line completely overmatched. Shocking.
        I'll eat crow and whatever else on this post. D-line handled the trenches the last 2+ quarters. And O-line....job well f'ing done young men.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          ... (watching their weak DB's trying to tackle Goedert still has me chuckling)...
          First, when the defenders were in front of or beside Goedert, they got a stiff arm like they've never had before. If they're still running after that and they clamp on, I can just hear Goedert "Hang on boys, were going for a few yards!" On one pass, Goedert was wearing two of the cute little bison like a winter coat and he went eight yards carrying them.

Comment

My first post in this thread was saying the game would come down to winning 3rd down. Our lines played their best games of the year.

I thought TC was pressing a bit on some of his throws to start the game, but once he settled in he was amazing. If he can mix in runs like that the rest of the season, this offense just got more dangerous. And I didn't think that was possible.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

So much youth on our team...lots of RShrt Freshmen and Sophs improving every week.

The Wizard in the post game interview: the guy's is wayyy too humble -- and real happy.

How fitting to have him catch the winning pass.

Comment

#ChuckThePigksin and our OL looks good!!! Also, kudos to the D for stepping up, we could've won by alot more.

Comment

anybody at the game? Just talked to someone who listened to it on the radio and they said the Jacks' announcers were going nuts because about half the Bison team ran off the field without shaking hands after the game. Is this true?

Comment

EE's play calling is still incredibly suspect, but the last one had many redeeming qualities to it!

NDSU game clock operator should be fired. I saw it as a blatant attempt at cheating at the end. Blatant.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      anybody at the game? Just talked to someone who listened to it on the radio and they said the Jacks' announcers were going nuts because about half the Bison team ran off the field without shaking hands after the game. Is this true?
                      I listened to the entire game. Didn't think Tyler and Struck went nuts. Tyler pointed it out, however.

Comment

Don't get too excited. The same thing happened in Brookings last year with some of the sdsu players. I was there. Sdsu made more plays today. Congrars. It isn't the end goal. Good luck the rest of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                          I listened to the entire game. Didn't think Tyler and Struck went nuts. Tyler pointed it out, however.
                          Struck said it is unfortunate that in a great rivalry and often great games that this is what happens. He or Tyler said BOTH teams are guilty and should shake hands before doing anything else.

Comment

This is the only game that I hadn't penciled in as the Jacks winning for our playoff chances. Now, just keep the focus on next week and lets win the damn conference.

Winning the marker is nice, but this program is set up for much more...

Bring on the Guins!!
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

They weren't going "nuts" I would say. It's been common practice for the past 9 years for the winning team to run over to the Marker and not shake hands, resulting in the losing team mostly leaving the field without shaking hands. Jacks did it today and half the Bison left, but radio guys (Struck mostly I think) were commenting on how they wish they'd save the trophy until after the handshakes.

Comment

It happens every year because the winning team runs to get the marker. The losing team just goes into the locker room.

Comment

Working...
                                X