GDT: @ NDSU for the Marker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ NDSU for the Marker!

I was dreading having to write something like, "we dominated every stat except for the scoreboard....". NOT TODAY!

This team showed so much heart in the second half. What a job by our offensive and defensive lines. Then there is our sophomore QB.....

Bring that rock back home!

Comment

Persepective. Jacks just rolled over a team that piss-pounded a Big 10 team on the road. And they did it in the heart of Bisonville! Maybe NDSU gets to travel thisy year. No time to rest on laurels. Pedal to the metal for the next 11 weeks!

Comment

How about this stat ...

SDSU Rushing: 36 carries, 220 yards, 6.1 YPC

NDSU Rushing: 35 carries, 161 yards, 4.6 YPC

Comment

Keep repeating. IN THEIR HOUSE! IN THEIR HOUSE!

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            Persepective. Jacks just rolled over a team that piss-pounded a Big 10 team on the road. And they did it in the heart of Bisonville! Maybe NDSU gets to travel thisy year. No time to rest on laurels. Pedal to the metal for the next 11 weeks!
            Next step: win the conference.

Comment

Honestly, the offensive MVP for me in this game was the O-line.

Best blocking we may have had against the Bison this millennium. Special tip of the hat to Charlie Harmon for a huge redemption performance against Menard.

Also, great grit by the defense. They were behind the 8 ball the entire 2nd half and answered the call time and time again.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Yesssssss!! The defense stepping up big time!!

Comment

From Bisonville (where the f-bomb is falling like the Blitz on London right now):

Originally Posted by AKBison
                  Two ****ty 3rd down calls on the last two possessions cost us big, especially the last possession. We run it there and the Jacks burn a time out and likely don't have time to go the length of the field.

As long as the jacks had at least a minute time wouldn't have been a factor. Our d is bad. And we finally ran into a similar oponent.

I would correct that last line to say: "better opponent." - NoVaJack

Comment

The best part is knowing we should have won by 20 and STILL WINNING ANYWAY! I'll see you all in Brookings next week!
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I watched the game and did not look at the message board at all. Let me guess:

First half: much panic and dispair;
                      Second half: cautious optimism, moments of dispair, some posters acknowledging there is a God after several years of paying no attention, and finally, giddy jubilation!

I don't know if I'll go back and read this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by adminhare
                        I watched the game and did not look at the message board at all. Let me guess:

First half: much panic and dispair;
                        Second half: cautious optimism, moments of dispair, some posters acknowledging there is a God after several years of paying no attention, and finally, giddy jubilation!

I don't know if I'll go back and read this thread.
                        Sarcasm and despair. I think SDSU fans have moved away from panic when we're playing the Bison. But we'll make plenty of snide comments about our play calling on the 1 yard line.

Comment

Jacks deserved to win more comfortably than they did. They dominated the stats - passing, rushing, time of possession. They even led in bad breaks. A new streak has begun. Congrats, Jacks! Great game!
                          This space for lease.

Comment

We won the trenches

We were tougher (watching their weak DB's trying to tackle Goedert still has me chuckling)

I don't think I have ever seen such creative, aggressive play calling. Great job coaches.

Defense was awesome.

Feels good man!
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                              Honestly, the offensive MVP for me in this game was the O-line.

Best blocking we may have had against the Bison this millennium. Special tip of the hat to Charlie Harmon for a huge redemption performance against Menard.

Also, great grit by the defense. They were behind the 8 ball the entire 2nd half and answered the call time and time again.
                              Agree on the OL - the running backs also had their best game of the year.

Comment

Too weak to type, but...wow. We deserved to win. We shot ourselves in the foot a couple of times, but got through it. Very impressed with the defense. I didn't think we could hold them down like that. Really made some big stops that second half. Held some things back from the offensive playbook for this game, too. I'm impressed because I thought it was going to get ugly. And after that drive to start the second half, I was sick. Holy hell, this old crank has to give full credit to the Jacks.
                                Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                                X