Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hobo day "THE THREAD"

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    People are worried about a top 8 seed.....

With Illinois State, @USD, and @Western Illinois left on the schedule, SDSU just has to make the playoffs. Missouri State should be a win but the rest will be tough. 7 wins puts SDSU on the border of playoffs.
    Well a win would have helped with that talk of a top 8 seed. We probably lose 2 more the way we are playing at home we lose to isuR and the others are questionable now. Hope they go into it like they did after losing to ndsu. We aren't bad but this loss might be killer.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
      Go back to Bisonville and tell them how bad we are like you normally do and how someday we hope to get there.

Ive let the hate run through me. I feel like I know the power of the dark side of the force right now.
      When I can I will try to post my holloween costume. Same thing.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        Coach Stig: "This one's on me."

Stig says Lujan wasn't sharp. Just didn't have the reps. Says he needs to have a week's worth of reps.
        No he doesn't. The entire 1st half our offense looked HORRIBLE!!!! How many reps did Lujan get with the 1st team that TC needed? TC is your starting QB. Stig needs to play the guy who gives this team the best chance to win. Done, end of story; finished. This loss is on the coaching staff

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
          No he doesn't. The entire 1st half our offense looked HORRIBLE!!!! How many reps did Lujan get with the 1st team that TC needed? TC is your starting QB. Stig needs to play the guy who gives this team the best chance to win. Done, end of story; finished. This loss is on the coaching staff
          Agree and agreed. On coaches. TC is our QB
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Honestly, it doesn't matter who your QB or RB is when the offensive line play is that pathetic. I just can't understand why we have so much pride and refuse to help Harmon out in pass protection, keep a TE in or chip with a RB. Also, its painful to watch Jake Weineke right now. He can't run right now, sad to see. He was on such an awesome pace.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I quickly scrolled through this and am not going back to find it, but whoever stated they weren't ready to play today I think is wrong. This defense is straight up great right now. If they didn't show up the stands would have been half gone by the end of the third quarter because Bailey would have had 250 yards rushing. That OLine should apologize to the D for today. That is the only group that didn't show up today. And they haven't shown fire in four damn weeks outside of maybe the ISUb game. Neither of our QBs had a shot.

Taryn has pretty much played three games and has zero turnovers. For an eighteen year old kid in the Valley, that's pretty damn impressive. Did he hold the ball a couple of times today too long, yes. But what is too long right now? 2 seconds? Stig and his fat guys better sit down this week and figure out how the hell they're going to get us a bye now.

And people, this is not just Hobo Day losses. This is HOME losses. Every damn year we lose two games at home. And this year we might lose three. Unacceptable. It's part of the reason why we sit with our backs against the wall every damn year about Nov 1 and have to win a bunch of home and road games to make the playoffs. Thank goodness our road record is better than average. Win your home games! That's the start of getting a seed!

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                Honestly, it doesn't matter who your QB or RB is when the offensive line play is that pathetic. I just can't understand why we have so much pride and refuse to help Harmon out in pass protection, keep a TE in or chip with a RB. Also, its painful to watch Jake Weineke right now. He can't run right now, sad to see. He was on such an awesome pace.
                Both of those things are true too. 93 worked us on left side bad today. Wieneke needs 3 weeks off. Leg is torn up. Can't have him not on field tho because Wesley can't catch.
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  I actually dont want a new set of coaches but stig isnt untouchable like a lot of people here think. If im Sell I'm asking some pretty damn tough questions.

I think hes a great person but a mediocre coach.

The gaff with TC at the end of the half with ISU. Two consecutive huge home games where we **** ourselves (NDSU & UNI). This call at the end of this game. In order to be great our coaches need to be great. They just arent right now.
                  I don't know what to think anymore. I appreciate fans like you and others here who have very high standards of success. Nothing wrong with that. And it's clear that the next step in the evolution of the program is a tough one (and no doubt requires people asking tough questions.) I still feel like we're in an upswing, but disheartening losses at home definitely make me wonder.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
                    You always kick the field goal at home and go for the win on the road.
                    This times infinity. Kick the field goal and lean on your defense that has played well all game. If the kicker misses, that's on him not Stig. It's the right call to kick it every damn time unless you don't have a kicker.

This was an easy decision, but Stig forgot he was the head coach when Eric said he could get him 1 yard.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                      Go back to Bisonville and tell them how bad we are like you normally do and how someday we hope to get there.

Ive let the hate run through me. I feel like I know the power of the dark side of the force right now.
                      Huh?

I don't appreciate being called out like this. Especially when it's a blatant lie. Quit being an asshole.

Here's proof if you need it: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/sear...archid=6565316
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                        This times infinity. Kick the field goal and lean on your defense that has played well all game. If the kicker misses, that's on him not Stig. It's the right call to kick it every damn time unless you don't have a kicker.

This was an easy decision, but Stig forgot he was the head coach when Eric said he could get him 1 yard.

We had hard time getting 1 yard all day. What made Stig think it was going to happen then. Inexcusable decision.

Comment

We have some hard decisions coming up...who stays and who goes. My feeling is we have reached the summit with this batch of coaches. If we're ok with winning 1 or 2 playoff games a year and calling that our championship, then we've arrived.

Comment

While i was surprised that Stig didn't kick it, i was fine with going for it. I would have been fine either way, just hate that formation he put out there. Ugh

Comment

Originally posted by SFJACK View Post
                              We have some hard decisions coming up...who stays and who goes. My feeling is we have reached the summit with this batch of coaches. If we're ok with winning 1 or 2 playoff games a year and calling that our championship, then we've arrived.
                              If you're talking about assistant coaches is only a matter of time until you see near universal turnover. With limited resources (pay) and year to year contacts, our assistants are gone anyway.

If you are referring to Stig, you are daft if you think SDSU will improve getting on the coaching carousel. State is lucky to have Stig, who has built a consistent winner with limited resources and without the benefit of long term contacts that his peers have thanks to BOR rules against coaching contracts. We have an alumni coach who had built a winner with quality young men, and isn't looking to move to the next level.

Now if you want to look at ceilings, how will we recruit an o-line that can give a qb a second or to two throw or a running back a sliver of a hole against a 3 or 4 man rush when are competitors are paying COA?

Comment

I'm somewhat partial to going for it but when we'd struggled all day to run I think spreading it out would have been more successful.

Comment

Working...
                                X