Hobo day 2015 "THE THREAD"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hobo day "THE THREAD"

Screw it, let's go old school with single bar helmets, better yet throw some leather on their heads. Emboss the angry rabbit on one side with the SD on the other. 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      So what your saying is our countrymen to the south have been envous/and jelous from the start.
      Yes, that is correct, but does anyone know when the last Hobo Day Dance was held?

Comment

I moved the history lessons (I find them interesting) to a new thread in the SDSU News and Comment section. Of course that didn't do much to get this thread back on any sort of topic. Probably everyone should consider getting back on topic (and since the topic, Hobo Day 2015 seems to be played out) or let this thread die in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Yes, that is correct, but does anyone know when the last Hobo Day Dance was held?
          Don't remember a dance in the early 80's unless you were at the Lucky Lady.

Can we add pie to this eclectic discussion? It could be added to the concessions menu for Hobo Day. As we approach Thanksgiving I'm getting hungry for it and I'm partial to Pecan over Pumpkin.

Comment

By chance, did anybody get a video or see a video of the beer cans being thrown in the tailgate before the Hobo Day game? It was quite a sight. I'm sure dangerous, but beautiful in a Hobo Day kind of way.
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
              Don't remember a dance in the early 80's unless you were at the Lucky Lady.

Can we add pie to this eclectic discussion? It could be added to the concessions menu for Hobo Day. As we approach Thanksgiving I'm getting hungry for it and I'm partial to Pecan over Pumpkin.
              Ahh but this event was huge through the 1950's and part of the 1960's. I tend to believe going totally wet from 3.2 beer may have done this important event in.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                By chance, did anybody get a video or see a video of the beer cans being thrown in the tailgate before the Hobo Day game? It was quite a sight. I'm sure dangerous, but beautiful in a Hobo Day kind of way.
                Think how much more fun that would have been if SDSU would stop being so ridiculous with their glass container rules... (sarcasm)
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I had a video of it, but that's gone now unfortunately. It was pretty amazing to see. What started it all was a kid getting on top of a porta-potty and using a gopro to get a video of the crowd, someone threw an open beer toward him, he caught it and chugged it, which was pretty epic in a college student way. Then the beers started flying. I bet at the peak there were 40-50 open beers flying all over the crowd. It was literally raining beer. I even saw an open jug of bloody mary mix flying through the air, lol. As you said, dangerous... but hey, it's Hobo Day.

Comment

Nothing beautiful about that scene for the people who got hit in the head with a fill beer can! Stupid and dangerous more like it! I know of a couple who will never return.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      Nothing beautiful about that scene for the people who got hit in the head with a fill beer can! Stupid and dangerous more like it! I know of a couple who will never return.
                      If you can't dodge a flying beer can, you have bigger problems. They weren't throwing them at people, they were throwing them in the air... give me a break. You're telling me there's a couple who will never return for Hobo Day because of this? If that's the case, they probably didn't belong at a Hobo Day tailgate in the first place. Grow some thicker skin.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                        If you can't dodge a flying beer can, you have bigger problems. They weren't throwing them at people, they were throwing them in the air... give me a break. You're telling me there's a couple who will never return for Hobo Day because of this? If that's the case, they probably didn't belong at a Hobo Day tailgate in the first place. Grow some thicker skin.
                        This may be one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on this site. And that's saying a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          This may be one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on this site. And that's saying a lot.
                          You beat me to it!

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            Lol, so sorry, I'll revert back to boring old posts that are politically correct. Fun haters.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              You beat me to it!
                              You and MontanaRabbit should become USD fans... I hear their tailgates are definitely more toned down than SDSU's... It was a big group of students acting like students, it's not like they started a riot. Get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                                You and MontanaRabbit should become USD fans... I hear their tailgates are definitely more toned down than SDSU's... It was a big group of students acting like students, it's not like they started a riot. Get over it.
                                Students doing dumb things? Wow, who would have thought that something this OUTRAGEOUS could happen. When I was a student everyone behaved... Oops forgot, there was that little riot thing. I'm in agreement with CappinHard, relax; enjoy the show and try to remember when you did dumb things as a student. Pretty sure everyone on here did something really dumb once or twice in life.

Comment

Working...
                                X