Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hobo day "THE THREAD"

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Does it really though? maybe its just my headache or the weather, but seems rather vain, not sure if thats the right word, but thats besides the point. coaching staff, scholarships, degrees, location, facilities I would assume are what most recruits and parents worry about, seems silly to me to me to build hype and get kids excitied for a game. If the kids cant get pumped up to play UNI regardless of the uniform, we have bigger issues then. Out of curiosity? does NDSU do any different things for their unis? I know USD started too I think last year, but wasnt sure if others in the area buy into the uniform hype as much.
    http://www.inforum.com/sports/387388...stern-illinois

Sorry, just had to bring this thread back up when I read this little tidbit from our friends up north.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post

Sorry, just had to bring this thread back up when I read this little tidbit from our friends up north.
      Make sense with the whole Ag thing. On a side note, why dont we have press confrences like it seems NDSU does every week?
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Make sense with the whole Ag thing. On a side note, why dont we have press confrences like it seems NDSU does every week?
        If SDSU would move to SF, there is likely to be a press conference every week. Its about location. The Fargo Forum has 2 full time and maybe two more part time beat writers. They don't worry about Concordia and Moorhead, like the Argus does about Augie and USF.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post

Those look fantastic!
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
            Those look fantastic!
            I really like the matte finish. The black matte helmets with the metallic purple logos that UNI wore on Hobo Day looked fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              I really like the matte finish. The black matte helmets with the metallic purple logos that UNI wore on Hobo Day looked fantastic.
              Those are great. I have wanted us to do something matte for a long time now. I don't think it's just a trend, some teams even stick with matte for the long term.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                Those are great. I have wanted us to do something matte for a long time now. I don't think it's just a trend, some teams even stick with matte for the long term.
                Disagree completely, matte helmets are over-rated. Bleh.

Comment

Row, Row, Row your boat.........drift-drift-drifting awaaay
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

as far as matte helmets, some i think look better then others. sometimes it looks to flat and dull. others are a good balance. as i am not against change, i support sticking with the numbers on the helmets instead of going back to the SD logo. i would rather do the numbers on both sides but if one is the new rabbit logo that is fine too.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

oh, and I think they should go to a white pants for a game every year. with the yellow and blue stripes in them. The yellow and blue pants could use a white stripe in the middle to match a little better with the jersies that have the white stripe in the shoulder and white outline on the numbers.

Comment

Holy nutmeg moderators...can somebody lock down this thread. I believe 509 comments are enough on Hobo Day long past. You keep lighting up the thread with new posts, so I am a sucker and keep looking!

Comment

No one seems to answer my question which is: When was the last Hobo Day Dance held?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                            Holy nutmeg moderators...can somebody lock down this thread. I believe 509 comments are enough on Hobo Day long past. You keep lighting up the thread with new posts, so I am a sucker and keep looking!
                            I don't understand why people keep crying for this? There's some fun discussion going on here, who cares if it's on point with the original purpose or not. If you don't like it don't click on it. Nothing bad or hurtful is being thrown around.
                            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

As long as it's still open I'll vote for a blue carbon fiber look helmet.

Comment

I like the "crushed velvet look".....my gawd,how many "looks" are there anyway?Is this turning into some bizare fashion show dialog driven expose (what?)....I'm confused.Just play good football,no matter how they dress you up already.Thought I'd post something,I seem to be able to kill a thread off single- handedly.

Comment

Working...
                                X