X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hobo day "THE THREAD"

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    I think I'm beginning to understand.

If we win, its not a big game. If we lose, it is a big game. There is no way of knowing whether its a big game or not until the result has been determined.

We aren't USD or MSU, we are literally one of the top programs in the country. Can you or anyone else deny that?

You know what's great? Anytime we lose, you get to trot out garbage about not being able to win big games, we accept defeat, things that are blatantly false. Every single game is a big game, and we are going to lose some of them. That isn't accepting defeat or rationalizing, that is being a realist.
    Exactly. I knew you had it in you. This is college football not real life. Stop trying to compare the two.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      I see three guys who have four guys to block,poor play call period.The offensive linemen have been taking a lot of heat unfairly in my opinion.When there are more guys to block than you have blockers to do the job,then the blame for the play breaking down goes to the one who called it,and didn't see the problem and get the play changed with a TO.Just hoping a play will work when it can't is just ridiculous.Don't the QB's look at the situation and have a backup play (audible),or does that take two years for a guy to be able to do too.Sorry,no QB in this particular play.The guy who should have blocked was in the backfield,but I'm sure he went where the play dictated instead, and so he didn't help the play succeed at all and his RB got nailed in the backfield.Not players fault if they are blocking the way the play dictates where and who to block.
      This thread has to die, but I have one last comment based on your post. Stig stated, very clearly on the Insider that the play was blocked incorrectly. Those were his words, not the words of anyone on here. Watch the video. There was a hole, or at least there was enough room to get the yard necessary to get the 1st down. What stopped the play? Paris was slowed by the defensive player who snuck through untouched. Had that not happened I believe with all my heart we get a couple yards and a 1st down.

OK, we play MSU this coming weekend. It is time to get rid of any lingering frustration from the UNI game and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
        This thread has to die, but I have one last comment based on your post. Stig stated, very clearly on the Insider that the play was blocked incorrectly. Those were his words, not the words of anyone on here. Watch the video. There was a hole, or at least there was enough room to get the yard necessary to get the 1st down. What stopped the play? Paris was slowed by the defensive player who snuck through untouched. Had that not happened I believe with all my heart we get a couple yards and a 1st down.

OK, we play MSU this coming weekend. It is time to get rid of any lingering frustration from the UNI game and move on.
        “Teams are going to these big personnel (packages) with two tight ends and want to run it to the weak side where there’s less people,” said UNI’s Kilfoy. “So we kinda had an idea where they were going. I saw a gap, pulled the trigger and made the play on the other side of the field.”

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...-uni/74457372/
        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          Stig said it after the game people. He owned it after the NDSU game too. He doesn't have this program in a position to win the most important games. That doesn't mean someone else would. He's the coach. He gets a lot of credit for where the program is and he takes the blame when he should.

When I say I think SDSU can be better on the football field I'm not suggesting a change at head coach. I'm expressing my opinion about disappointing loss after disappointing loss with equal or better talent on the field. There have been a lot of great wins as well.

The argument that "we lost a lot of great players" doesn't hold weight with me. Should have won a National Championship if those players were that great.

Admit it, there's a culture in this program that accepts defeat. It's rationalized in a variety of ways but in the end its tolerated. It's okay to lose if you lose the right way.....I don't like that attitude myself. But hey, that's just me.
          Well said! Your not alone!

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            We'll never have an undefeated football team,ever??? Relax,just joking....you speak the truth Kemosabe (sp?)
            Him speak with forked tongue.

Comment

And so it goes, the dialogue about Saturday's loss. I really have nothing to add.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                “Teams are going to these big personnel (packages) with two tight ends and want to run it to the weak side where there’s less people,” said UNI’s Kilfoy. “So we kinda had an idea where they were going. I saw a gap, pulled the trigger and made the play on the other side of the field.”

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...-uni/74457372/
                OK, not real sure of what your point is but again; listen to what the head coach had to say after reviewing the film. At 12:08 he very clearly says, "we didn't block it right"

http://www.gojacks.com/mediaPortal/p...b_oem_id=15000

Comment

OK, not real sure of what your point is but again; listen to what the head coach had to say after reviewing the film. At 12:08 he very clearly says, "we didn't block it right"

Its easy for fans to see when a RB misses a read (like Mengarelli out of wildcat against ISUb - giant hole and he slams into the back of his line), it is not so easy to see when an Olineman misses a read. It just looks like the defense blew it up. Happens all the time, even in the pros. Edit - I would guess most sacks where the defender goes untouched are due to poor execution.

I still wish we would have kicked it.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I'm not sure of the point either. Is Stig's comment some sort of revelation? Of course we didn't get it blocked, but isn't also possible that it was a bad play call? Teams know what were going to do out of that formation, plus it was stuffed on fourth down earlier in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                      I'm not sure of the point either. Is Stig's comment some sort of revelation? Of course we didn't get it blocked, but isn't also possible that it was a bad play call? Teams know what were going to do out of that formation, plus it was stuffed on fourth down earlier in the game.
                      Maybe the coaches were confident whatever happened earlier had been corrected and would be executed properly this time? Obviously, if that's the case, they were wrong.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Maybe the coaches were confident whatever happened earlier had been corrected and would be executed properly this time? Obviously, if that's the case, they were wrong.
                        Just admit it, that hurt to type that, didn't it?

Comment

Its easy for fans to see when a RB misses a read (like Mengarelli out of wildcat against ISUb - giant hole and he slams into the back of his line), it is not so easy to see when an Olineman misses a read. It just looks like the defense blew it up. Happens all the time, even in the pros. Edit - I would guess most sacks where the defender goes untouched are due to poor execution.

I still wish we would have kicked it.
                          I too wish we would have kicked it.

My only comment to those who hated the play call, if you watch the tape a missed blocking assignment was evident. The head coach voiced that EXACT thing yet we are still arguing over it.

Can we just lock this thread so I'm not tempted to post in it any longer? Or maybe I just need some self control, or a drink, or to get my butt to work.

Comment

My point was to see who would continue to comment on it. This thread shall never die!
                            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                              My point was to see who would continue to comment on it. This thread shall never die!
                              And there I was, color me the sucker

Comment

What nothing to *iss and moan about? What's with you guys?

Comment

Working...
                                X