On to Youngstown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: On to Youngstown

BTW the announcers were a couple of Kansas City guys. Mick Schaefer does a lot working for the Jayhawk network and Dylan Hughes is an ex Chief and does UMKC and some other local sports announcing. A couple of hired guns from the gang that can't shoot straight. Don't be surprised if they show up in Springfield in a couple weeks!

Comment

Was it just me or anyone else notice they had the wrong names for the teams. He kept getting the # for sdsu and saying ysu names and vise versa.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
        BTW the announcers were a couple of Kansas City guys. Mick Schaefer does a lot working for the Jayhawk network and Dylan Hughes is an ex Chief and does UMKC and some other local sports announcing. A couple of hired guns from the gang that can't shoot straight. Don't be surprised if they show up in Springfield in a couple weeks!
        They kept saying Pharis was a Senior. Evidently they didn't have a media guide handy.

Comment

That's the most embarrassing game Bo? No wonder he got canned at Nebraska. They usually got smoked by good teams.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
            That's the most embarrassing game Bo? No wonder he got canned at Nebraska. They usually got smoked by good teams.
            And I am grinning and agreeing with Da Coach.

Comment

and says nothing nice about the jacks except they took advantage of mistakes. Domination, it looked like from here.

Comment

As much as I may rag on Stig for Vanilla ofense, SO GLAD this @$$ Hat isn't our coach.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Dominated in all three phases of the game. The Jacks need to come ready to play next week - can't afford another Hobo Day effort like last year. Hard to know what frame of mind UNI comes in with next week. Will they come in with fire in their eyes or are they ready to say WTH if things don't start off well early ? The Fire Farley thread has already started on Panthernation.
                  UNI is one loss away from not having 7 wins vs D-1 teams. They already have 4 losses. They are tied with Mo State for LAST PLACE. Even USD is above them. Like NDSU, Panthers have been through three tough, physical games. AND THEY LOST ALL 3!!!

This will be a tough game. EVERY UNI Game has been a dogfight. However, Jacks have held their own in D-1 play vs UNI. I like our chances. Especially now that the Panthers will have to account for something that they have never had from Jacks, a QB threat.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                    UNI is one loss away from not having 7 wins vs D-1 teams. They already have 4 losses. They are tied with Mo State for LAST PLACE. Even USD is above them. Like NDSU, Panthers have been through three tough, physical games. AND THEY LOST ALL 3!!!

This will be a tough game. EVERY UNI Game has been a dogfight. However, Jacks have held their own in D-1 play vs UNI. I like our chances. Especially now that the Panthers will have to account for something that they have never had from Jacks, a QB threat.
                    Huge game next week. Huuuuge. (if your reading that as Jimmy Fallon doing Donald Trump, you're doing it right.)

Scary too, because it's just the type of game SDSU is notorious for failing to show up for. SDSU coming in 5-1 and warming up if not hot, typically tough but struggling UNI team that's 0-3 in conference that needs to win out. Looking forward to going 1-0. Can't wait!
                    Last edited by RowdyRabbit; 10-17-2015, 11:30 PM.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Agree this will be a big game and we need to show up! Sounds like UNI could possibly be without their starting QB which means we could see plenty of read option out of their back up which has presented issues in the past.

Comment

Hobo Day Saturday is currently expecting some sun and mid 50's for temperature. Once again, the weather appears to be cooperating for football weather. Hobo Day and another chance to mold a home field advantage for the playoffs ought to bring capacity crowds to CAS. This is the perfect environment for the casual Jackrabbit supporters to come out for the day.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          Huge game next week. Huuuuge. (if your reading that as Jimmy Fallon doing Donald Trump, you're doing it right.)

Scary too, because it's just the type of game SDSU is notorious for failing to show up for. SDSU coming in 5-1 and warming up if not hot, typically tough but struggling UNI team that's 0-3 in conference that needs to win out. Looking forward to going 1-0. Can't wait!

"Notorious" a little harsh?Jacks have won better than their share of these games in D-1 era, no? You don't get into playoffs losing them on a reglar basis.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

I disagree entirely. The type of game we sometimes don't show up for happened yesterday. We will show up for UNI. I think the bigger question is which UNI team shows up. They are beat up, physically; and it looks like emotionally. Hobo Day, big crowd, a chance to go 6-1, a chance to beat a team we don't like much, a chance to knock UNI out of the playoff picture. This is a big game, we will show up.

Like I said, I think it is a bigger question as to whether UNI shows up. Something is going on over there. I have to wonder how long Farley lasts.

Comment

Sort of like hobo day last year. Huge game. We lost. There are a couple games we lose a year. Some are close and some we just stink in. We lost our stinker this year already. Last year was isur. I would expect us to come fired up. But we have lost some hobo day games we shouldn't have.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                                As much as I may rag on Stig for Vanilla ofense, SO GLAD this @$$ Hat isn't our coach.
                                I agree completely. He is just flat out obnoxious and unlikable.

Comment

Working...
                                X