Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: On to Youngstown

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    I agree completely. He is just flat out obnoxious and unlikable.
    Compare that video to Stig's NDSU presser totally different vibe/tone.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      Didn't realize the Oral Roberts guy got a new job.
      That's funny, RO. Math must not be a strength at either school.
      This space for lease.

Comment

I was disappointed that the Argus Leader didn't send Matt Zimmer (or someone) to Youngstown. The paper just ran a relatively short AP story. It's the shape of things to come, I guess.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          I was disappointed that the Argus Leader didn't send Matt Zimmer (or someone) to Youngstown. The paper just ran a relatively short AP story. It's the shape of things to come, I guess.
          I think Zimmer had a wedding to attend.

Comment

Zimmer didn't go because of his sisters wedding. I'm ok with him missing one game for that reason. He said in his weekly chat he would be at the rest of the games

Comment

That's funny, RO. Math must not be a strength at either school.
              We were there. I didn't realize they have a 40,000 seat stadium, since it was not half full! And then, of course, they only had 7,500 there for the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                Zimmer didn't go because of his sisters wedding. I'm ok with him missing one game for that reason. He said in his weekly chat he would be at the rest of the games
                Yes, a wedding is a legit reason for Matt not covering the game. I take back my criticism. Thanks for the explanation, JP and Western.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Still its a big game. I can understand not going to all basketball games away. But football would have been nice if there was a part time reporter who could have gone. Weddings are a pretty good reason to miss work. My sister got married during an sdsu home game. The one against davis I think that was in sf. She thought it was rude I wanted to go to the game. I thought it was rude she got married when sdsu had a home game.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I thought Matt said they'd try to get a stringer. Might have had to settle for the SID.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Does it really matter if we don't get a front page story in the Argus. I spent the weekend in Billings Montana and all I had access to was SDSUFans.com and I got the information blow by blow right here on this website. Even some of you thoughtful fans gave updates on NDSU-USD game. I really did not miss anything including the Bisonville meltdown. Does it really matter what the Argus says or does not say?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        Does it really matter if we don't get a front page story in the Argus. I spent the weekend in Billings Montana and all I had access to was SDSUFans.com and I got the information blow by blow right here on this website. Even some of you thoughtful fans gave updates on NDSU-USD game. I really did not miss anything including the Bisonville meltdown. Does it really matter what the Argus says or does not say?
                        If you've got SDSUFANS.COM fORUM, what else do you need?....

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                          If you've got SDSUFANS.COM fORUM, what else do you need?....
                          I bet someone just earned himself a free months subscription at said forum!
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                            I bet someone just earned himself a free months subscription at said forum!
                            Like winning free tickets to Jazz Fest in Sioux Falls?
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                              Like winning free tickets to Jazz Fest in Sioux Falls?
                              I got mine 50% off on stub hub so still got a good deal.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                Still its a big game. I can understand not going to all basketball games away. But football would have been nice if there was a part time reporter who could have gone. Weddings are a pretty good reason to miss work. My sister got married during an sdsu home game. The one against davis I think that was in sf. She thought it was rude I wanted to go to the game. I thought it was rude she got married when sdsu had a home game.
                                That's the thing, there really aren't part-time reporters that work for the Argus outside of stringers that they hire to cover a game at a time, and even then it's mostly high school events. They aren't going to send one of those to Youngstown State to cover SDSU.

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                                I thought Matt said they'd try to get a stringer. Might have had to settle for the SID.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I think the Argus has had problems in the past with stringers. I'm pretty sure one time TV couldn't make it to an away event (might have been basketball?) and they hired a stringer but the stringer failed to provide a story and basically left the Argus hanging without a story.

Comment

Working...
                                X