Indiana State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Indiana State

I am hearing that Lujan is out for Saturday (and possibly the week after) and that Douglas will start in his place. Has anyone else heard that?
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      I am hearing that Lujan is out for Saturday (and possibly the week after) and that Douglas will start in his place. Has anyone else heard that?
      I think Zimmer goes to practice on Wednesdays. You would think we will hear if Douglas was taking 1st team snaps.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        I think Zimmer goes to practice on Wednesdays. You would think we will hear if Douglas was taking 1st team snaps.
        In Zimmer's head: "I wonder if SDSU fans want to know what the status of their starting QB is... Probably, but how am I supposed to let people know without writing a full article and sending it out late in the week? If only there was a means of communication where you could send out quick updates on important information... I mean I would only need like 160 characters, so it would be pretty easy... Oh well, they can wait"

(Disclaimer: I am not that unsatisfied with Zimmer's coverage, but come on man)

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          In Zimmer's head: "I wonder if SDSU fans want to know what the status of their starting QB is... Probably, but how am I supposed to let people know without writing a full article and sending it out late in the week? If only there was a means of communication where you could send out quick updates on important information... I mean I would only need like 160 characters, so it would be pretty easy... Oh well, they can wait"

(Disclaimer: I am not that unsatisfied with Zimmer's coverage, but come on man)
          I have no problem with us not releasing this information or not disclosing it to Zimmer or Zimmer not reporting it until later. Why give Indiana State any idea?

Also, for what it's worth, the depth chart released has Lujan as the starter. http://www.gojacks.com/pdf9/3928610.pdf
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
            Are we really to the point where we give out a "Gave his all" award when we play NDSU. I can just imagine Stigs pre game speech- "
            Hey guys, we all know we are gonna get our butts kicked, but I'm gonna be giving out a " Gave your all" award for whoever gets the crap kicked out of them the most but still stays in the game. I'll even have a nice gold ribbon for you at Mondays practice. Everyone else who plays in the game will receive a blue participation ribbon. Now lets go have some fun!!"
            Gotta admit that ******* remarks like this just burn my ***. FYI, there are a number of awards given out to members of the team each week. The "Gave it all" award recognizes a player that gives his all each week, in practice and in the game to the best of his ability, regardless of the outcome of the game. It only goes to one player each week. So not everybody gets a "blue participation award" as your snarky comments contended. Can't we be happy that regardless of the outcome of a sporting game, sports provide humankind with something besides winning and losing.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
              I have no problem with us not releasing this information or not disclosing it to Zimmer or Zimmer not reporting it until later. Why give Indiana State any idea?
              Exactly! Talking about the status of players, if it is given an "official" stamp for an upcoming game doesn't do a thing for our team, except to provide information to our competitors. Reps KU.

Comment

My guess is that if Zims not releasing an injury news, its because either there is no injury news, or Stig/SDSU has asked him not to.

Comment

Well, I guess we should discuss tomorrow's game some. I fear we will have a very small crowd after the balloon was popped last weekend. Hopefully we get at least 12,000 there tomorrow since it should be a very nice day.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post
                    I agree, whether he can go or not I'm ready to see TC.
                    After last week's performance, the QB position is the least of our worries. Line must punish in run blocking and provide pass protection and receivers must win match ups and deliver catches.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                      Well, I guess we should discuss tomorrow's game some. I fear we will have a very small crowd after the balloon was popped last weekend. Hopefully we get at least 12,000 there tomorrow since it should be a very nice day.
                      I will have 4 there, it is going to be a grweat day. We will see how well the team can compartmentalize the dissapointment from a week ago and get back to business.

I wouldn't mind seeing a team that plays a bit angry. I wouldn't mind that one bit.

The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Don't know much about the Sycamores,but judging by their game last week they must not be very good on defense. MSU had only scored 27 total points combined in their first 3 games (13 vs Chadron State) and they rolled up 28 against ISU. If the Jacks defense can slow their offense down,we should have the potential to run up some points.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                          Gotta admit that ******* remarks like this just burn my ***. FYI, there are a number of awards given out to members of the team each week. The "Gave it all" award recognizes a player that gives his all each week, in practice and in the game to the best of his ability, regardless of the outcome of the game. It only goes to one player each week. So not everybody gets a "blue participation award" as your snarky comments contended. Can't we be happy that regardless of the outcome of a sporting game, sports provide humankind with something besides winning and losing.
                          I'm with you 100% on the above comments.

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                            After last week's performance, the QB position is the least of our worries. Line must punish in run blocking and provide pass protection and receivers must win match ups and deliver catches.

we should worry about our punting game too it wasnt the greastest. to many short punts.

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post

I agree, though I will add on other comment. Why would anyone be down on Lujan after last weekend? He showed up, got the crap beat out of him due to no protection and had how many dropped balls? I thought he was one of the bright spots.

And, I agree with Stig. He did give it all (yep, I'm ok with that award). The fact that he stuck it out after getting hurt in the 2nd quarter tells me a lot about him.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                                I agree, though I will add on other comment. Why would anyone be down on Lujan after last weekend? He showed up, got the crap beat out of him due to no protection and had how many dropped balls? I thought he was one of the bright spots.

And, I agree with Stig. He did give it all (yep, I'm ok with that award). The fact that he stuck it out after getting hurt in the 2nd quarter tells me a lot about him.
                                Yes. He was running for his life and took a beating. I'll forgive a few bad throws.

The line has to protect better or the playoff talk will fade quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X