Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Indiana State

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
    I think more mobile than Lujan, but not necessarily considered a dual threat type. At least that's what Zimmer said on his chat if I remember correctly.
    Taryn Christion might possibly be the best athlete on the team. Zimmer was just saying that he happens to be a good passing QB as well, not just a runner.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
      Taryn Christion might possibly be the best athlete on the team. Zimmer was just saying that he happens to be a good passing QB as well, not just a runner.
      I think everyone assumes he is a run first QB but he is a drop back passer with the ability to escape the pocket and make plays with his feet if needed, but that is a last resort. I think it would be foolish to play him now unless Lujan has a season ending injury. If lujan only has to miss a week you roll the dice with Douglas and pound the football and let Douglas be a game manager. Lujan was banged up last year too but kept playing, I think he will probably go again Saturday night.

Comment

SDSU opens as 13 point favorites against ISUb... Up to 14 already.

Comment

Food for thought, Zach Lujan FCS rankings:

20th Passing Efficiency
          16th Passing TD's (the majority above him have 5 games played)
          12th Passing Yards (the majority above him have 5 games played)
          6th Passing Yards per Game
          9th Passing Yards per Completion

He is a pretty good quarterback, certainly top 20 in FCS. He had a bad game against NDSU and threw for over 240 yards, 1TD (and 1 that got called back), and 0 interceptions against the 4th best defense in the land. He is not the reason we lost the game.

I'm certainly in no rush to pull a redshirt to replace a guy who is performing quite well outside of one game. IMO, the perfect scenario would be for Lujan to continue to perform this year and be the starter next year with TC getting garbage time and in on specific formations. Get him some experience before throwing him to the lions. If he is hurt, maybe its a different story, but Lujan has my full support at this point.

Just my $.02.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

20th Passing Efficiency

He is a pretty good quarterback, certainly top 20 in FCS. He had a bad game against NDSU and threw for over 240 yards, 1TD (and 1 that got called back), and 0 interceptions against the 4th best defense in the land. He is not the reason we lost the game.

I'm certainly in no rush to pull a redshirt to replace a guy who is performing quite well outside of one game. IMO, the perfect scenario would be for Lujan to continue to perform this year and be the starter next year with TC getting garbage time and in on specific formations. Get him some experience before throwing him to the lions. If he is hurt, maybe its a different story, but Lujan has my full support at this point.

Just my $.02.
            Good post, I completely agree. As I said before, it all depends on the severity of the injury.

Comment

I believe Douglas has a stronger arm. I've never seen Lujan outhrow anyone.

Comment

I'm liking the early weather predictions: 76 degree high on Saturday and no chance of rain.

Comment

20th Passing Efficiency

Just my $.02.
                  I agree, dont know why so many are harping on Lujan. He was probably our best player in the game. Line didnt give him any protection but he got the ball to WR with many a chance to catch or make a play on it. WRs didnt do him any favors with all the drops again. Lujan had happy feet, but he had too, he didnt freak out and scramble like many QBs would have. WRs couldnt seperate and the Oline couldnt block for him. What else is the guy suppose to too. Our running game was losing yards, Lujan deserves more then what some fans are giving him. didnt turn it over, took tons of pressure and sacks and kept grinding. Defense all thigns considered did reasonably well for being on the field for 40 minutes. I know they gave up over 200 yards rushing but less then 200 passing, NDSU rushed for over 40 attempts. thats hard for a D to stop that many times being on the field so much. Defense got 2 turnovers but the offense couldnt do much when they had it.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The MVC football teams that are very good have a QB that is a drop back passer with the ability to scramble and make plays with their feet (running). Stig mentioned talked about this time and time again. That is college football today with QBs that can run. SDSU doesn't had that type of QB with Lujan. He holds the ball long because he is not a runner. You see no designed QB runs like other teams do. TC would bring this element and make defenses play both the pass and run with the QB. Another weapon for the offense would be great. The game plan needs it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                      The MVC football teams that are very good have a QB that is a drop back passer with the ability to scramble and make plays with their feet (running). Stig mentioned talked about this time and time again. That is college football today with QBs that can run. SDSU doesn't had that type of QB with Lujan. He holds the ball long because he is not a runner. You see no designed QB runs like other teams do. TC would bring this element and make defenses play both the pass and run with the QB. Another weapon for the offense would be great. The game plan needs it.
                      So you don't mean literally making plays with their feet? Like passing the ball with their foot? Just want to clarify.

Comment

20th Passing Efficiency

Just my $.02.
                        Right on in my opinion. I will also say that unless there is a long-term Lujan injury, the currently active backups will have to handle the duty, and the defense and running game will need to pick up the slack. I would like to see Taryn finish his redshirt season and then see where he is at in spring ball.
                        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

During Coach Stig show, Stig announced that Lujan was awarded the "gave his all" award for his performance. IE, Stig felt Lujan performed well, hitting receivers in hands and them dropping, not a Lujan issue. Currently, NDSU is just performing at a very high level. If Massey/ Sagarin are to believed, Bison are 59th in combined FBS FCS Ratings. Heck, SDSU is like 84. Flippant way of saying that NDSU is better than half of FBS teams. They are above all but Wazzu of 7 FBS losers to FCS.

Jacks are light years better know than in D2 daze. Go 1-0 each week here on out, We'll likely be a top 4 seed.

Comment

I agree with all the "I support Lujan" posts.

And I also agree that we should NOT pull the redshirt on TC for a week (or even 2). Save that kid for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                              I agree with all the "I support Lujan" posts.

And I also agree that we should NOT pull the redshirt on TC for a week (or even 2). Save that kid for the future.

Amen, I really doubt TC has had a good chance to learn the play book. He just can't make up razzle dazzle plays. I think we would be begging for a career ending injury. That's why we red shirt these kids.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                                During Coach Stig show, Stig announced that Lujan was awarded the "gave his all" award for his performance. IE, Stig felt Lujan performed well, hitting receivers in hands and them dropping, not a Lujan issue. Currently, NDSU is just performing at a very high level. If Massey/ Sagarin are to believed, Bison are 59th in combined FBS FCS Ratings. Heck, SDSU is like 84. Flippant way of saying that NDSU is better than half of FBS teams. They are above all but Wazzu of 7 FBS losers to FCS.

Jacks are light years better know than in D2 daze. Go 1-0 each week here on out, We'll likely be a top 4 seed.
                                Are we really to the point where we give out a "Gave his all" award when we play NDSU. I can just imagine Stigs pre game speech- "
                                Hey guys, we all know we are gonna get our butts kicked, but I'm gonna be giving out a " Gave your all" award for whoever gets the crap kicked out of them the most but still stays in the game. I'll even have a nice gold ribbon for you at Mondays practice. Everyone else who plays in the game will receive a blue participation ribbon. Now lets go have some fun!!"
                                Last edited by westernjack; 10-08-2015, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X