Indiana State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Indiana State

At the end of the first half, Stig says they called a possible play where they could run, but emphasized pass. Says TC shouldn't have handed it off, but also that the coaches shouldn't have put him in that situation.

Comment

TM: "If Lujan is healthy (next week) is he your guy or will you talk about it?"

Stig: "We'll talk about it."

Interesting decision for next week. Toughest road game of the season next week, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        At the end of the first half, Stig says they called a possible play where they could run, but emphasized pass. Says TC shouldn't have handed it off, but also that the coaches shouldn't have put him in that situation.
        Why would you call anything that isn't a fade to the end zone? I don't think this offense is too complex for TC but he has no outs. That should've never been on his shoulders. They wouldn't have called that play with any other qb(lujan, sumner, anyone).

Comment

TM: "If Lujan is healthy (next week) is he your guy or will you talk about it?"

Stig: "We'll talk about it."

Interesting decision for next week. Toughest road game of the season next week, IMO.
          Yep,don't tip your hand. Let YSU prepare for both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
            Why would you call anything that isn't a fade to the end zone? I don't think this offense is too complex for TC but he has no outs. That should've never been on his shoulders. They wouldn't have called that play with any other qb(lujan, sumner, anyone).
            Exactly. There shouldn't have been a play called that had ANY possibility where they would run.

Comment

Final: SDSU 24, Indiana State 7.

Jacks put up 420+ yards, could've had more points.

TC looked pretty good.

Big matchup next weekend at Youngstown State. They lost to ISU-R by 2 points.

If both are healthy, who do you start next weekend at QB?
              TC, he makes the throws outside the hashes that Lujan can't. The one miss to Weineke that sailed through his hands, I honestly don't think he's used to catching a ball with that much zip. It's been 10 months since Sumner threw to him. Give it time. This offense should've hung 42-45 pts tonight. Starting to get concerned with carlsons kicking though. Hope that improves, we're going to need to count on him.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                Yep,don't tip your hand. Let YSU prepare for both of them.
                Don't kid yourself, they're preparing for TC, if Lujan goes they'll adjust fine.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  TC without a second of hesitation.
                  Pulling his redshirt was a huge decision. Apologies to Lujan, but you can't waste a year of TC's career for one game.

Nice bounce-back win tonight. I thought there might be a major letdown. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All said, good win. D was aggressive although still missing tackles. O line did well and we really limited stupid penalties. Farina getting called for the personal foul was the right call but I love the tenacity. Dare I say a good penalty

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      How do we know this hot shot from SF is ready to play? I doubt he can find the Student Union, let alone the football field..
                      Well I think he is ready to play. Some of us are more prepared for college than others, which in my use of word college would include football play books. Taryn is definitely ready to play and wow we need his skills badly. Dalton Douglas is very average at best and I get the feeling that the coaches were praying that Lujan would stay healthy and would not have rely on Douglas, who I am sure is great person. Of course TC can find the Student Union and just about everywhere else on campus. I was feebly thinking that we were dumping to much on this young guy, after tonight's game, I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                        Actually what I think they are saying is that they would have called that play with Lujan, Summner, etc it's just that they would expect that they would know to go through with the motions of the run option, but know that they could not, could not do anything but opt for the pass in that situation.

Live and learn I guess. I thought Taryn was impressive, and only other critique would be that perhaps he gave up on a couple of plays too early and looked to run. But how can you be too hard in that decision when dude can run like he can.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

[QUOTE=JackrabbitGuy;278877]Actually what I think they are saying is that they would have called that play with Lujan, Summner, etc it's just that they would expect that they would know to go through with the motions of the run option, but know that they could not, could not do anything but opt for the pass in that situation.

Live and learn I guess. I thought Taryn was impressive, and only other critique would be that perhaps he gave up on a couple of plays too early and looked to run. But how can you be too hard in that decision when dude can run like he can.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

I said they never would have called that risky run/pass option with no timeouts. Sumner would've spurned that call and thrown the fade. TC just is playing by the rules and trusting in the coaches. Sometimes they're right, sometimes they're wrong. This time they were wrong.

I agree he jumped the gun and ran sooner than needed on some plays but that'll change the more he plays. We got a good one here, I like Lujan but I think the changing of the guard just happened.

Comment

I hate to see a player like Lujan (who has played really well) get passed up, but TC should be our starting QB.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Lujan almost had 400 yards passing in one game but guess we are ready to move on. Not sure if TC looked that good or isuB is that bad. Next week will be a big test for TC.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                Lujan almost had 400 yards passing in one game but guess we are ready to move on. Not sure if TC looked that good or isuB is that bad. Next week will be a big test for TC.
                                I agree. I wasn't overly impressed with that win. I dont think ISU was good at all. Had that been a good team I think it would have been a loss for us. Too many mistakes....dropped passes, missed FGs, running with 9 seconds in the half, etc. Those are mistakes that will bury you against a better opponent.

TC looked pretty good but he was far from perfect.

Comment

Working...
                                X