Gameday experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gameday experience

I havent been able to tailgate like i would like the last couple years so hopefully it is a lot better then previous years.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      I think he was pointing out how much better it is. They used to freak out about glass, that being said most of us have flashbacks from about 2 years ago. And to have quality beer pour it into cups the second it's opened.
      Cant you use Koozies? Or does it have to be in a cup?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
        Cant you use Koozies? Or does it have to be in a cup?
        Supposed to use a cup, even if you have a koozie. They don't want the glass around as far as I can tell. Lots of people still drink out of bottles as long as they're just hanging out at their own site and not walking around.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
          lol So we weren't the only ones told to discard our beer bottles and use plastic cups? I hadn't tailgated in years but we did for the SUU game. Up pulls the policeman telling me that I need to use plastic cups. He told me that bottles have been thrown at them in the past so, I went neighbor to neighbor to find 2 cups. lol That was a first for us.
          Glass containers are prohibited in many, many public places where alcohol can be consumed. Not really that strange, IMO.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
            Glass containers are prohibited in many, many public places where alcohol can be consumed. Not really that strange, IMO.
            Is there a behavior guide you want to post for this too SF Rabbit Fan? lol

Comment

Is there a get off my lawn guide for this too SF Rabbit Fan? lol
              You betcha! Not sure if this is the current document, but here you go: http://www.sdstate.edu/policies/uplo...Tailgating.pdf

"If alcohol is possessed or consumed, it must be in a can, plastic bottle or plastic cup. Cans or plastic bottles must be in a soft-sided drink holder. No glass containers or bulk containers (kegs, party balls, plastic bottles exceeding 1.5 gallons, etc.) are permitted."

Darn fun killers. I mean, how is a person supposed to enjoy tailgating without the ability to drink from glass bottles???
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Don't look now, but the City of Sioux Falls is killing fun at their public parks!!

https://www.siouxfalls.org/parks/par...-use-info.aspx

"Use of glass beverage containers or bottles in parks is prohibited."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                  Supposed to use a cup, even if you have a koozie. They don't want the glass around as far as I can tell. Lots of people still drink out of bottles as long as they're just hanging out at their own site and not walking around.

I guess i didnt know you couldnt have glass bottles. I will remember that next time. I was drinking crown, so it doesnt affect me. I did keep the glass bottle of crown in the back end of the explorer , where i mixed my drink. Hopefully that is legal cause crown doesnt come in a can.

Comment

Oh man, Lollapalooza is killing fun too!

http://www.lollapalooza.com/information/

"The following items are PROHIBITED* at Lollapalooza: Glass and metal containers of any kind"

Comment

You betcha! Not sure if this is the current document, but here you go: http://www.sdstate.edu/policies/uplo...Tailgating.pdf

"If alcohol is possessed or consumed, it must be in a can, plastic bottle or plastic cup. Cans or plastic bottles must be in a soft-sided drink holder. No glass containers or bulk containers (kegs, party balls, plastic bottles exceeding 1.5 gallons, etc.) are permitted."

Darn fun killers. I mean, how is a person supposed to enjoy tailgating without the ability to drink from glass bottles???
                      Anyone who loves a good quality cold one (like me) knows that beer always tastes better out of a bottle, or a frosty mug. I think you need to just let your hair down SF Rabbit. Try and have some fun at the next home game. Drink beer from a bottle. Show some emotion. Yell on 3rd down. Be a crazy degenerate like me. lol

Comment

Oh man, Lollapalooza is killing fun too!

http://www.lollapalooza.com/information/

"The following items are PROHIBITED* at Lollapalooza: Glass and metal containers of any kind"
                        They probably ban fire arms too.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Anyone who loves a good quality cold one (like me) knows that beer always tastes better out of a bottle, or a frosty mug. I think you need to just let your hair down SF Rabbit. Try and have some fun at the next home game. Drink beer from a bottle. Show some emotion. Yell on 3rd down. Be a crazy degenerate like me. lol
                          Who says I don't already do all that stuff? All I'm saying, there are rules, don't be shocked if they are enforced from time to time.

Comment

Don't look now, but the City of Sioux Falls is killing fun at their public parks!!

https://www.siouxfalls.org/parks/par...-use-info.aspx

"Use of glass beverage containers or bottles in parks is prohibited."
                            At least a decade or two behind most other similar areas. In ballparks it is much harder to fling plastic bottles, in parks and playgrounds, it is much harder to get a broken plastic cut than a broken glass cut.

Comment

Buzz kill: don't use frosty mugs!

http://vinepair.com/wine-blog/why-go...frosted-glass/

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                                What if I was asked to sit down once and went to the Usher and complain about someone telling me to sit down and they are adversely impacting my game experience? Would they face "arrest" like I would? Or do these rights only pertain to people that sit?
                                I think they pertain in every instance where a university official asks a person to do (whatever). Do and there is no problem, don't and you have a problem. Sounds remarkably like real life outside the stadium.

Comment

Working...
                                X