Gameday experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gameday experience

I like a bottle of cold beer much better than a can of beer anytime. However, I happened to read the rules of tailgating it does point out the desire to keep glass(or broken glass) out of the tailgating area. We certainly have had a bottle of beer from time to time and realize that it is not allowed. If UPD asks to get rid of the bottle, I guess I know that I should dispose of it and use a plastic cup. If you do not like to make complete stops at a stop sign, when the police give you a ticket for running a stop sign...shut up and pay the fine. The rules have some logic in the construction and execution of said rules. If you want to make the rules, leave this board and join the rule making committee. Meanwhile, I would believe that the UPD has been less "irritating" than previous years allowing people to have more "fun" at the tailgating area.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Next topic: cowbells, are they illegal? I've heard and seen them at some other college games on tv.
      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
        Next topic: cowbells, are they illegal? I've heard and seen them at some other college games on tv.
        They are illegal according to the MVFC not the NCAA, if I remember correctly

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
          They are illegal according to the MVFC not the NCAA, if I remember correctly
          Someone had one in my section when we played NDSU. Too bad there wasn't much to ring about after the first quarter.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Couldn't a cowbell be used as a weapon? What about he safety of cowbells? Do they have sharp edges that could cut someone? the noise. Could it adversely affect someone's hearing long term? All questions we need to address.

Comment

if your going to let how you drink a beer ruin your day i guess you need to get a life. where i live bottles are not allowed in the common areas. i like bottled beer but i switched to can beer no biggie. its more for safety than anything. who hasnt dropped their drink at one time or another. at a local bar last week the local idiots decided to dance with fists rather than feet, first thing the bartenders did was stop selling bottled beer and switched to cans. harder to hit someone with a can than bottle. makes less of a dent in the head than a bottle. and who wants to enjoy a great game then have to change a tire after cause they ran over broken glass in the parking lot on the way out.

cowbells yes.those stupid plastic horns from soccer no. but if your gonna use it dont do it the entire game it does get annoying and you run the risk of developing cowbell elbow and cowbell tunnel syndrome

Comment

I would tend to think it might be a task to smuggle a cowbell into CAS with security checks that one goes through when you enter the stadium. Those two or three guys are looking for all sorts of bulges in what you might be wearing. I dunno I am thinking cowbells would be as forbidden as booze.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                  Someone had one in my section when we played NDSU. Too bad there wasn't much to ring about after the opening kickoff.
                  Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    I would tend to think it might be a task to smuggle a cowbell into CAS with security checks that one goes through when you enter the stadium. Those two or three guys are looking for all sorts of bulges in what you might be wearing. I dunno I am thinking cowbells would be as forbidden as booze.
                    The lady who had the cowbell sat next to me had no problem. I do not think she was aware of the cowbell restrictions in place. It was refreshing in the first quarter or so when she rang it a few times.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
                      Couldn't a cowbell be used as a weapon? What about he safety of cowbells? Do they have sharp edges that could cut someone? the noise. Could it adversely affect someone's hearing long term? All questions we need to address.
                      With the Cowbell I have: the answers to all of your questions is yes.

Comment

If you listen to the radio broadcast this weekend, you'll probably hear YSU fans using cowbells. Complete joke our admin has taken such a hard line on them.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                          If you listen to the radio broadcast this weekend, you'll probably hear YSU fans using cowbells. Complete joke our admin has taken such a hard line on them.
                          I swear when i listen to away games it seems like every year there is atleast one that i hear cowbells and think. why cant we. frankly I think the admin needs to grow a back bone on this one. just need to do a good job educating fans to not ring it during the play. I miss hearing them at games.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            I swear when i listen to away games it seems like every year there is atleast one that i hear cowbells and think. why cant we. frankly I think the admin needs to grow a back bone on this one. just need to do a good job educating fans to not ring it during the play. I miss hearing them at games.
                            Related cowbell article: http://espn.go.com/college-football/...bell-etiquette
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              I didn't click on that link but is that a guide to cowbell safety SF Rabbit? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                Nah, it's really easy to sneak stuff into the stadium. The key is to walk in with an empty bag, and stuff everything else in your pants. They see the (empty) bag and focus the attention on that while ignoring everything else.

From what I've heard, anyway.
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X