Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 9/5/15 vs. Kansas Jayhawks

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
    The TE's look great as does Wieneke. But my goodness Wesley still couldn't catch a cold. Need a receiver to step up going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How long until we pull a redshirt on one of the promising young wide receivers? If Brandon Andrews doesn't get healthy soon, I would be a little disappointed in the coaching staff if they don't give Lujan the weapons to succeed. Everyone that watched the game saw how much Wesley and Landberg struggled. Teams will key in on Wieneke, somebody on the other side has to be able to win a 1 on 1 and make a play.
    "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
      How long until we pull a redshirt on one of the promising young wide receivers? If Brandon Andrews doesn't get healthy soon, I would be a little disappointed in the coaching staff if they don't give Lujan the weapons to succeed. Everyone that watched the game saw how much Wesley and Landberg struggled. Teams will key in on Wieneke, somebody on the other side has to be able to win a 1 on 1 and make a play.
      I didn't see him play yesterday but I believe good chance Wilde plays this year.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
        I didn't see him play yesterday but I believe good chance Wilde plays this year.
        What I have heard regarding the young receivers is that Wilde has the best chance to play out of all of them. The reason is that he is talented and played in a similar system in high school. Therefore, Wilde has picked the offense up pretty well. Expect Marquise Lewis and Adam Anderson to be impact players in the future. They have great skill sets.
        "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Wilde got some playing time yesterday.
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            These videos are always so good.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Wilde is one of four or five true freshmen on the traveling squad. Stig has said Wilde is one of the freshmen likely to get his redshirt pulled. It apparently was pulled on Saturday.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Before we get too riled up about the defense Saturday, I think it's worth noting that KU has some very talented offensive players. Cozart is a talented athlete and both of their new, transfer running backs are solid. They also have some good WRs, too. Finally, it was obvious to me (I was at the game) that the heat was a huge factor for the Jacks' defense. It was 95 in the stands and must have been 120 on the field for the entire game.

One thing I noticed was that Langer basically pushed his guy back into the QB's face on nearly every play. The guy is a beast. Against FCS competition, that sort of push from a DT will really make things happen for everybody else on the D-Line.

I'm not discouraged about the defense. I think they'll be fine.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Is the consensus that Kansas does or doesn't win a game this season? I have a good friend who is a KU grad who thinks their only shot now is against Rutgers... Is that the consensus of those in the stands yesterday?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                    Is the consensus that Kansas does or doesn't win a game this season? I have a good friend who is a KU grad who thinks their only shot now is against Rutgers... Is that the consensus of those in the stands yesterday?
                    Their offense shows some promise.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      I was not in the stands but I believe the Jayhawks go 11-1.

Comment

The starting D ends had one tackle. Team D had no sacks. The second group did play better for the ends. The running QB is hard to tackle and contain so time will tell if this front four are better than last year in stats. The heat was a factor for both teams so playing a number of players was expected.

Comment

As far as the D goes, I would say a B grade. Didn't give up big plays. For the most part made tackles. 2 turnovers. All of those are pluses. Only negative was the total yardage given up. Its yet to be seeen what kansas will do this year. They have what appears to be play makers. An offense we have never seen didn't help. For the most part it was the classic bend but don't break sdsu D.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                            One thing I noticed was that Langer basically pushed his guy back into the QB's face on nearly every play. The guy is a beast. Against FCS competition, that sort of push from a DT will really make things happen for everybody else on the D-Line.
                            Langer did look really good. He has really grown into his larger frame. I watched him all through high school, and he has a completely different body now, and he has still retained most of his quickness. When he wasn't pushing his guy into the backfield, he was flying around making tackles on the edges. I think having a linebacker background helps him a lot. It seems like he's finally really comfortable on the line, starting only his 3rd year playing the position. I think he's going to have a huge year, and the best part is he's just a Junior!

Not to mention his contributions in the run game on the wildcat and jumbo packages. Really happy for him, he's a great kid and a really hard worker. If he can start to rack up some sacks, he'll really start to garner some attention from around the league.

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
                              The TE's look great as does Wieneke. But my goodness Wesley still couldn't catch a cold. Need a receiver to step up going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Really too bad, because he has good speed and quickness, seems like a good route runner, gets separation and is open often. Last year he showed flashes of how good he can be. But man, he had too many drops. Granted, one for sure, maybe two of them of them were poor throws, but still.

I think we might see Landberg, or even Jones step up. Both of them have showed flashes in the past. With Weineke on the opposite side and Jones or Goedert at TE, the 2nd WR doesn't have to do a whole lot. What he does have to do however, is catch the damn ball.

Comment

Just watched the condensed game..didn't notice it on tv, but what a dumb stadium layout Kansas has. The stands behind the one endzone must be 30 yds from the field. What a waste of space.
                                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X