X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dakota Marker

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    drown them out with "BRAVE". Done, over, it would be really easy for the majority in attendance to do.
    Sounds like a good idea, how do we get it done?

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
      fyi.....I had 4 family members in WWII, 2 KIA, 1 in Nomandy other in the Pacific Iwo Jima to be exact

my grandfather was a Purple Heart and bronze star recipient

do not tell me I or my family did not sacrifice or are not reectful....again you have no clue either
      And after all that you still yell "Bison". Wow. Just wow.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
        You do know that a lot of people had family in WW2? A lot of us also lost family members in WW2. Your story isn't somehow unique.

That being said, the best comment in regards to the Bison fans antics (note that I didn't use the word juvenile) would be to drown them out with "BRAVE". Done, over, it would be really easy for the majority in attendance to do.
        Yep,yell as loud as you can 'brave'.

Comment

to bad the game isnt also military appreication game. have video of some vets make an anoucement and ask everyone to yell brave in support of those who serve.

Then again i doubt the admin cares about it as much as the fans.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I've tried holding off on commenting about the national anthem. Sorry, I can't hold it anymore.

1-The national anthem belongs to all Americans. Those that served, those that didn't. All races and religions. All fanbases. It is inclusive. I believe the whole point of playing the national anthem before sporting events is to make both sides realize that we are all part of a something bigger. Something great. Ever seen one of those videos where the mic malfunctions and the crowd starts singing together? I get goosebumps when I watch those. We're all in this together, despite cheering for opposing teams. Yelling Bison (or Sioux, or Chiefs, or anything else) makes it exclusive. It is bastardizing the whole point of playing the song, in my opinion.

2-If it isn't a big deal to yell "Bison!" at the conclusion of the national anthem, why not have the performer change the words at Bison home games? Would this be acceptable or appropriate?

3-A truly classy fanbase (as the Bison are always quick to call themselves) would respect the customs of their host. Don't want to do that, fine. But don't be surprised when your host is offended.

4-I like NDSU and Bison fans. They are a lot like us (SDSU fans). Yelling "Bison" is one thing I don't like about their fanbase, as I find it tacky and classless. I personally hope SDSU fans never adopt the behavior.

5-People can do whatever they want during the national anthem. Sit. Boo. Hold up a newspaper. Leave your hat on. Whatever, its a free country.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
              I've tried holding off on commenting about the national anthem. Sorry, I can't hold it anymore.

1-The national anthem belongs to all Americans. Those that served, those that didn't. All races and religions. All fanbases. It is inclusive. I believe the whole point of playing the national anthem before sporting events is to make both sides realize that we are all part of a something bigger. Something great. Ever seen one of those videos where the mic malfunctions and the crowd starts singing together? I get goosebumps when I watch those. We're all in this together, despite cheering for opposing teams. Yelling Bison (or Sioux, or Chiefs, or anything else) makes it exclusive. It is bastardizing the whole point of playing the song, in my opinion.

2-If it isn't a big deal to yell "Bison!" at the conclusion of the national anthem, why not have the performer change the words at Bison home games? Would this be acceptable or appropriate?

3-A truly classy fanbase (as the Bison are always quick to call themselves) would respect the customs of their host. Don't want to do that, fine. But don't be surprised when your host is offended.

4-I like NDSU and Bison fans. They are a lot like us (SDSU fans). Yelling "Bison" is one thing I don't like about their fanbase, as I find it tacky and classless. I personally hope SDSU fans never adopt the behavior.

5-People can do whatever they want during the national anthem. Sit. Boo. Hold up a newspaper. Leave your hat on. Whatever, its a free country.
              Good post. You're right, it is a free country, they have a right to yell what they want, I have a right to express my opinion about how despicable it is.

Comment

You know where it sounds really good? Frisco. You guys should hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                  You know where it sounds really good? Frisco. You guys should hear it.
                  Keep it going, troll. Pretty obvious what your intent is.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    Keep it going, troll. Pretty obvious what your intent is.

What my intent is? My intent is to have some fun...it isn't my fault that some can't take some good natured teasing.

Also, filbert has said before not to take info from other boards here...so I have refrained from referencing posts on Bisonville by Jacks fans to illustrate my point.

I have taken smack here but not one mention of that by moderators...not one...and at least one of those shots was personal. Do I care about the shot? Not at all...but if the mod's are going to make a call...singling one out is bs.

Comment

What my intent is? My intent is to have some fun...it isn't my fault that some can't take some good natured teasing.

Also, filbert has said before not to take info from other boards here...so I have refrained from referencing posts on Bisonville by Jacks fans to illustrate my point.

I have taken smack here but not one mention of that by moderators...not one...and at least one of those shots was personal. Do I care about the shot? Not at all...but if the mod's are going to make a call...singling one out is bs.
                      Dude, just start a smack thread. Nobody is trying to persecute you.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                        Dude, just start a smack thread. Nobody is trying to persecute you.
                        Just posting posts relevant to the Dakota Marker...

Comment

Sounds more like Lakes Bison to me.
                          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

[QUOTE=SF_Rabbit_Fan;277701]I've tried holding off on commenting about the national anthem. Sorry, I can't hold it anymore.

5-People can do whatever they want during the national anthem. Sit. Boo. Hold up a newspaper. Leave your hat on. Whatever, its a free country.[/

Just because there is freedom of speech doesn't mean there are no repercussions..freedom of speech quoters seem to forget that realistically nothing is free..

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                              Sounds more like Lakes Bison to me.
                              Ouch man...almost as bad as calling my wife an SDSU cheerleader, I mean fat (same difference)

Comment

Ouch man...almost as bad as calling my wife an SDSU cheerleader, I mean fat (same difference)
                                Is he? (Either fat or a cheerleader)

Comment

Working...
                                X