This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dakota Marker

We really need to tighten up on D though. I think they really bring it this week though. I think the stats look bad against RMU because they were a option team and those teams always get yards on the ground. But we really need to shut down their run game and make them beat us through the air.
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
      My dad tried getting tickets prior to the Southern Utah game and couldn't really find any.
      I've heard similar. I would love to know how many tickets were sold for that game.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Good luck to your boys on Saturday. I honestly don't think they will need luck as I feel strongly you are the best team, right now, in The Valley. The only thing you need to do is get that 800 lb gorilla off your back and beat them. Last year, in the playoff game, you were the best team by a small margin, but the NDSU mystique got the better of you. I now think the gap has widened, and you become the one with a target on your back.

From Coyote Country comes a prediction that the Jacks win 31-21 and do it in convincing style.

Best wishes.

Comment

My dad tried getting tickets prior to the Southern Utah game and couldn't really find any.
          Interesting... Thoughts, anyone, on what is going on?

Comment

If this is the reason we are "one-dimensional", I guess I am alright with it.........a lot of DB's are going to need to therapy after Saturday........
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

It cracks me up to hear Bison fans talk about the Jacks being one dimensional. 483 yds rushing and 7 TD's in 3 games is one dimensional? Got it.
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                It cracks me up to hear Bison fans talk about the Jacks being one dimensional. 483 yds rushing and 7 TD's in 3 games is one dimensional? Got it.
                Reading comprehension is not with some of you...I said if, a big if, you were one dimensional...referencing your apparent trouble running against Robert Morris.

Comment

I assume he meant his father was trying to get tickets for the NDSU game before the Southern Utah game was played. Tickets sold out by that time, although a lot of people might have purchased more than their own tickets, and a number of those have shown up from time to time as being available. Attendance at the Southern Utah game was in mid 13,000s. Various figures have been thrown around for capacity now...but one I've seen which is close to reality is 16,700, give or take a couple of hundred. If that figure is true and we are sold out, it will be a Coughlin record crowd.

One more note...I'm not sure how many Bison fans will be there...not because they don't want to follow, but because we made it hard for them to get tickets beyond their league allotment. The athletic department did a great job of enlisting a number of corporate sponsors to buy up tickets for employees and customers. Will be interesting to visually note how that worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                    I assume he meant his father was trying to get tickets for the NDSU game before the Southern Utah game was played. Tickets sold out by that time, although a lot of people might have purchased more than their own tickets, and a number of those have shown up from time to time as being available. Attendance at the Southern Utah game was in mid 13,000s. Various figures have been thrown around for capacity now...but one I've seen which is close to reality is 16,700, give or take a couple of hundred. If that figure is true and we are sold out, it will be a Coughlin record crowd.

One more note...I'm not sure how many Bison fans will be there...not because they don't want to follow, but because we made it hard for them to get tickets beyond their league allotment. The athletic department did a great job of enlisting a number of corporate sponsors to buy up tickets for employees and customers. Will be interesting to visually note how that worked out.
                    Exactly. I heard THAT Brookings wonderful "anonymous" friend bought 1,000 for his employees and their families. He is a wonderful asset to Brookings and SDSU. I'm looking forward to a packed house of blue and yellow!
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I don't care how many tickets were bought up by Jack fans and sponsors, there will still be 27,000 Bizon fans there.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                        Interesting... Thoughts, anyone, on what is going on?
                        I believe the NDSU game has been sold out for a few weeks (and the upcoming Hobo Day game vs. UNI is nearly sold out). Official attendance at the Southern Utah game was 13,423. The half-built new stadium supposedly holds 17,000 people, which I believe will set an attendance record for an SDSU game and a record for any college football game in South Dakota. When finished, the new Dykhouse stadium will seat more than 19,000 people, so more records can be set in the future.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                          Reading comprehension is not with some of you...I said if, a big if, you were one dimensional...referencing your apparent trouble running against Robert Morris.
                          Thus the problem with taking early season non-conference games and making blanket statements. You said if, lots of Bizon fans are not saying if. We suddenly can't run the ball because we didn't light it up against RMU on the ground. So does that mean NDSU has serious troubles of their own running the ball? The UND game would seem to indicate your offense has some issues. Your team had only 149 on the ground, 2.7 per carry. Not good numbers.

I know I know, UND are world beaters. They have one of the "best defenses" in the country according to the NDSU media. What has UND done? Oh, they beat an absolutely terrible Wyoming team and later beat, in Grand Forks a Davis team which USD beat in California. And I know, according to Bizon fans the NDSU schedule to date has been far more difficult than the one SDSU has played. Wrong answer. The Montana game looked to be solid until Montana showed their true colors and got beat by Cal Poly in Missoula. The same Cal Poly which UNI had no trouble with in California. The loss to Liberty by Montana? I'll give them a bit of a break playing at Liberty and missing their starting QB for most of the game but wasn't that Liberty which SIU embarrassed last weekend.

The problem with trying to figure out this game is that it is early this year. It is very hard to figure out what either team has. The only things I really know right now, the SDSU offense is going to be driven by Wieneke and Lujan while Wentz will try to do it all for the Bizon. Oh, and it is being played in Brookings, not Fargo; outdoors where football was meant to be played.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                            I don't care how many tickets were bought up by Jack fans and sponsors, there will still be 27,000 Bizon fans there.
                            Only if they win. If they lose there will have only been a couple hundred.

Comment

Chase Morelock apparently will not play this week against SDSU a sprained ankle in the UND game. I bet he will play though.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/384945...ave-been-tight

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                                Lose the attitude.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X