X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dakota Marker

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    You never know... I think both teams would have to be undefeated, and things would have to fall right in fbs, but it could definitely happen. I love the letter and it's really cool of Davis to provide a response. Even though the letter is incorrect in saying that construction will be complete and the stadium will have a 20,000 capacity by the start of the season. Regardless, here's to hoping it happens!
    Yeah, it's not happening

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
      Well, you guys are just like Montana! hehehehe...
      Did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        Did I miss something?
        The Bison visitor is referring back to posts I made a number of days ago when I stated my hope that we can in the near future, reach a goal of having regular football attendance like Montana has achieved. For some odd reason that bothered him.
        Last edited by JackJD; 08-21-2015, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Dakota Marker game seating UPDATE AS OF 8/21/15 12:15 P.M. checking GoJacks.com:

WEST SIDE: Section A (south endzone) has 2 seats available.

EAST SIDE:
          115 (south endzone on the curve connecting to the south student section etc.): 7

Total available according to the online seating chart: 9

Comment

Well, you guys are just like Montana! hehehehe...
            Real bright post. Thanks for sharing...

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              Real bright post. Thanks for sharing...
              You are right...any post trying to compare Jacks fan support to Montana is not real bright...

Comment

You are right...any post trying to compare Jacks fan support to Montana is not real bright...
                Pointing out something that is not real bright about something that is not real bright, does not seem real bright......which might cause this post to contain some irony.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

TransAmBison is sent to the time-out corner.

See the title to this thread. It's not in the smack section nor is it an invitation to be petty and picky, all in an effort to take some shots at one of the barkeepers.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    increase in the size of its crowds (no, I'm not talking about the girth of the fans in green with tobacco juice dripping off their chins, I'm talking about the number of fans in the FargoDome).
                    Yes, I can see why I am sent to the corner...yes...my posts are so much worse than this (made by a "super moderator" no less). Sorry that it hurts the delicate sensabilities of moderators when I respond to silly opinions.
                    Last edited by TransAmBison; 08-23-2015, 07:56 AM. Reason: Forgot to add the smiley...all in fun...hopefully we can discuss over some homebrew out at tailgating.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
                      Per the Twitter Universe the Jack Students are pulling out all stops to get Gameday to Brookings. It was nice of the letter to use NDSU as the reason to come and it would be a great event.
                      I would not want gameday there this year. Next year in a finished stadium, definitely. But since we wouldn't play NDSU for two years it would need to be then if that's the thought process.
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        I think TK sums it up pretty accurately. The benefit of the facilities upgrade will only last so long [TK's estimate of 2-3 years may be right] and in the end, the product on the field is the critical component. I just happen to be very optimistic that the program will do what TK identifies as being necessary. My optimism is based on what the program has accomplished in a relatively short time, the direction and path of the program, and the bang we should get out of the new facilities. I think we can test the stadium's capacity in the near term but the foundation for that is whether we seize today's (2-3 years) opportunity.
                        Have we been losing?
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                          Have we been losing?
                          We have been losing 4-5 games per year. I feel like10 win seasons and hosting playoff games need to be the norm for us to boost our season ticket holder numbers up. Anyone know how many season ticket holders there are?

The big difference between SDSU and NDSU/Montana are the season ticket holders. I feel like TV said we were around 5000 last year or something. I feel like NDSU and Montana are both well above 15,000 season ticket holders which is why it is hard to get tickets to those venues if your a fan of the opposing team.

If we can get up to even 10,000 season ticket holders-- which would be a monumental task-- we would be able to greatly increase our atmosphere, create stability, and increase the value of our ticket.

I agree with what JackJD wrote. The next 2-3 years are immensely critical. I think a win this weekend at Kansas would be an exceptional start to the new era of Jacks football.

Comment

Originally posted by mmiller_34 View Post
                            We have been losing 4-5 games per year. I feel like10 win seasons and hosting playoff games need to be the norm for us to boost our season ticket holder numbers up. Anyone know how many season ticket holders there are?

The big difference between SDSU and NDSU/Montana are the season ticket holders. I feel like TV said we were around 5000 last year or something. I feel like NDSU and Montana are both well above 15,000 season ticket holders which is why it is hard to get tickets to those venues if your a fan of the opposing team.

If we can get up to even 10,000 season ticket holders-- which would be a monumental task-- we would be able to greatly increase our atmosphere, create stability, and increase the value of our ticket.

I agree with what JackJD wrote. The next 2-3 years are immensely critical. I think a win this weekend at Kansas would be an exceptional start to the new era of Jacks football.
                            You are a great fan, and I don't mean to be harsh, but a dose of reality is necessary on the bold.

Since 2000 (15 seasons), there have been 18 MVFC teams with 10 or more wins at the end of the year. Pretty much 1 team a year finishes with 10 or more wins. UNI has won 10 or more games 5 times, just once since the XDSU's joined the league in 2008.

Since the XDSU's joined the conference in 2008 (7 seasons), there have been 8 MVFC teams that have won 10 or more games. Pretty much 1 team a year finishes with 10 or more wins. NDSU has won 10 or more games 4 times since joining the league, each season winning the national championship. The other team to manage a 10 win in the XDSU era lost to NDSU in the championship game last season.

I fully expect SDSU football to get some 10 win seasons. But if it takes 10 win seasons becoming the norm to fill the stadium consistently or even get to 10,000 season ticket holders, you're going to be disappointed.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

According to the seating chart on the "buy tickets" site, the game is now totally sold out. The last of the single seats available are no longer listed as available.

Comment

Another teaser from GameDay:

https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay/s...17161413390336

College GameDay retweeted South Dakota State
                                Everybody getting in on the campaigns. Who else wants to host next week? #GameDaytoBrookings

Comment

Working...
                                X