• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dakota Marker

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    Another teaser from GameDay:

https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay/s...17161413390336

College GameDay retweeted South Dakota State
    Everybody getting in on the campaigns. Who else wants to host next week? #GameDaytoBrookings
    Unless Notre Dame loses, which is not going to happen, GameDay will be in Clemson next Saturday. I would love it, but it's not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      Unless Notre Dame loses, which is not going to happen, GameDay will be in Clemson next Saturday. I would love it, but it's not going to happen.
      Do people still think Brookings has a realistic shot at GD coming to town? Did people really ever realistically think that?

As much as the buffalo chips like to think they are relevant to the college football landscape (they are certainly relevant in FCS), I think part of the big allure of GD in Fargo is that fact that, well, its Fargo. And to the rest of the country who thinks we live in flyover country, Fargo is synonymous with, well, Fargo. Fargo is a household name that represents flyover, hillbilly, backwards, people represented in movies and TV shows like, well, Fargo, Juno, Cedar Rapids, the one about the woman working in the iron mines, Lake Wobegone and all that. It just so happens that Fargo is and was home to a very good FCS football team and the media elites could advertise that they were going to be broadcasting GD from, can you believe it, Fargo. Where is that even? They grind people up in a wood chipper there, donchaknow.

And it so happens that Fargo put on a hell of a show. Good for them and then they got another round when they happened to be good again and there was a big hole on the GD schedule. Now can you imagine all the hype for GD in Brookings. Where? Not going to get the same reaction out of folks. Not that it couldn't be a good show, it just doesn't register with those that look down their noses at the places we call home (note, I lived in Fargo for a year and it is and was a fine city; I also remember very fondly my eh hem, five years in Brookings and if I had it my way, would be living there so this post is in no way my opinion on either city).

Comment

This thread just got interesting again. I don't know which is better...the poster who wants you guys to be relevant, or the poster trying to explain that we are not relevant. Both are good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post
          Do people still think Brookings has a realistic shot at GD coming to town? Did people really ever realistically think that?
          Next week? No.

Sometime in the next 10 years? Maybe. Likely? Probably not. But I think there's always a chance.

I think there will always be a legitimate chance. I find it odd that someone would say it's never going to happen. I never would have imagined Fargo getting Gameday.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            Next week? No.

Sometime in the next 10 years? Maybe. Likely? Probably not. But I think there's always a chance.

I think there will always be a legitimate chance. I find it odd that someone would say it's never going to happen. I never would have imagined Fargo getting Gameday.
            would like to see the completed stadium first.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Gameday almost went to YSU a few years ago, anything is possible but I think they are going to Clemson. That is a big game and they've made some noise about heading there.

When they went to Fargo twice the FBS slate was very boring.

Comment

As much as the buffalo chips like to think they are relevant to the college football landscape (they are certainly relevant in FCS), I think part of the big allure of GD in Fargo is that fact that, well, its Fargo. And to the rest of the country who thinks we live in flyover country, Fargo is synonymous with, well, Fargo. Fargo is a household name that represents flyover, hillbilly, backwards, people represented in movies and TV shows like, well, Fargo, Juno, Cedar Rapids, the one about the woman working in the iron mines, Lake Wobegone and all that. It just so happens that Fargo is and was home to a very good FCS football team and the media elites could advertise that they were going to be broadcasting GD from, can you believe it, Fargo. Where is that even? They grind people up in a wood chipper there, donchaknow.

And it so happens that Fargo put on a hell of a show. Good for them and then they got another round when they happened to be good again and there was a big hole on the GD schedule. Now can you imagine all the hype for GD in Brookings. Where? Not going to get the same reaction out of folks. Not that it couldn't be a good show, it just doesn't register with those that look down their noses at the places we call home (note, I lived in Fargo for a year and it is and was a fine city; I also remember very fondly my eh hem, five years in Brookings and if I had it my way, would be living there so this post is in no way my opinion on either city).

You do know the woodchipper was employed in Minnesota, right? Though Flyover Country is Flyover Country. On another point: You making it throgh in five years puts you in the top 5 percent of this board (yours truly being among the 95)... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                  This thread just got interesting again. I don't know which is better...the poster who wants you guys to be relevant, or the poster trying to explain that we are not relevant. Both are good stuff.
                  Real quick, name a game NDSU has played in that had any bearing on the CFP, BCS or a major conference championship? Nobody said the sioux weren't any good so don't get your feelings hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    would like to see the completed stadium first.
                    I second that motion. I don't understand why people would waste all this effort in trying to get GD to Brookings when the stadium isn't even completed.

They should have waited for an all out blitz next year and advertised the new stadium as the crown jewel of the FCS. With the attention we are getting now, it will probably just be an "oh these guys again" reaction next year.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                      I second that motion. I don't understand why people would waste all this effort in trying to get GD to Brookings when the stadium isn't even completed.

They should have waited for an all out blitz next year and advertised the new stadium as the crown jewel of the FCS. With the attention we are getting now, it will probably just be an "oh these guys again" reaction next year.
                      I see it in a different light. I think it's huge for them to see the buzz that was generated from it. When we keep hanging around year after year trying to get them here, they will come eventually. If SDSU stays toward the top of the FCS, I can see GameDay coming within the next 3-5 years. It seems like ESPN likes the idea of featuring the FCS more and more, as people start to realize the quality of football at this level. It was pretty hopeful thinking this year, but I do think it was realistic if we were both undefeated, and the FBS slate was weak. An ideal storm like this may need to happen for them to come, but again, we are on their radar, and I see that as a good thing.

Comment

Real quick, name a game NDSU has played in that had any bearing on the CFP, BCS or a major conference championship? Nobody said the sioux weren't any good so don't get your feelings hurt.

umm...real quick name a game SDSU has played in that had any thing close to the same bearing. NDSU hasnt played them either so why ask???? dont get your feelings hurt but GD isnt coming to Brookings...
                        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

NDSU has accomplished what no other NCAA Football team has 4 straight...sorry SDSU offers nothing close and if NDSU loses again before the 10th..it wont matter
                          BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Im 99.59% sure GD wont be in Brookings

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                              umm...real quick name a game SDSU has played in that had any thing close to the same bearing. NDSU hasnt played them either so why ask???? dont get your feelings hurt but GD isnt coming to Brookings...
                              umm... never suggested it.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                                NDSU has accomplished what no other NCAA Football team has 4 straight...sorry SDSU offers nothing close and if NDSU loses again before the 10th..it wont matter
                                again never suggested sdsu had accomplished what ndsu had not accomplished. And you forgot Augustana (Ill.) 83 -86.

Comment

Working...
                                X