2017 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Recruiting List

Looking over the list, we have a ton of O line commitments. Love to see that.

I am most excited about the LBs we have signed. They all look great.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I think the assumption on Isaiah Hill is probably premature because he hasn't come out and verballed anywhere yet.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Another one. We are going to have close to 40 commits this year. WOWSERS!

Keenan Orr, Athlete from Indiana
        http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3055804/...18fd0b207f4aa1
        https://twitter.com/keenanorr8/statu...96139818065924
        This kid is a freak! Thank you for the mess at Indiana St.
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

USD just continues to bleed recruits. They lost Jack Koerner to Iowa today. Woof. I was hoping this would be one of our verbals.

Comment

Boye Mafe, DE verbals to Minnesota per a YouTube video posted on his Twitter.
            Brian Greene, OL verbals to Washington St per his Twitter.
            Michael Tutsie, CB verbals to NDSU per his Twitter.
            Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 01-31-2017, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• 2017 Recruiting List

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              USD just continues to bleed recruits. They lost Jack Koerner to Iowa today. Woof. I was hoping this would be one of our verbals.
              Lost a couple to FBS schools in their home state and one to UNI (home town kid). Hardly bleeding. It's what happens when you recruit top talent. In the meantime we landed a couple new guys.

Good luck with Paup. Getting a kid to leave his home state school is tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
                Lost a couple to FBS schools in their home state and one to UNI (home town kid). Hardly bleeding. It's what happens when you recruit top talent. In the meantime we landed a couple new guys.

Yes, it's a positive sign when you are losing recruits to FBS. The Yotes appear to have a good class.

I won't be settled until the papers are signed on NLI day.

LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by Cousin Eddie View Post

I agree. "Bleeding" was too strong of a phrase. Obviously the kids you lost were very talented and I would have loved to see them in blue and yellow. I'm on the record in this thread saying I really like USD's class.

Comment

I talked with Ben Dinkel tonight and he's excited to be signing his letter of intent to play football for the Jacks! He confirmed that Noah Urbanek will be signing his too!

I'm still hoping we can get Jordan Paup too!

Comment

Jordan Velez, ATH from Rochester, has flown under the radar but is in as a PWO. Love his film. Check out @RocketNation85 on Twitter for photo confirmation.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                        2017 Offers - Defense:

DE/TE - Malcom Lee, 6'5" 240, Bellevue, NE (Bellevue West) - HUDL
                        DE - Jordan Paup, 6'3" 230, Central City, NE - HUDL
                        Offers: NDSU, USD, UNI
                        LB - K.J. Lee, 6'1" 235, Wagoner, OK - HUDL
                        Offers: Arkansas State, SFA, Northwestern Oklahoma St
                        CB - Imani Lee, 5'9" 165, Chandler, AZ - HUDL
                        Safety - Kendall Sweet, 6'0" 200, Tulsa, OK (Booker T Washington) - HUDL
                        Offers: Missouri St, Arkansas St
                        Final List
                        Malcolm Lee signed with Iowa Western.
                        Jordan Paup signed with Nebraska.
                        KJ Lee signed with Fort Scott Community College.
                        Kendall Sweet signed with Montana.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                          2017 Offers - Offense:

ATH - Noah Carlson, 6'2" 185, Rushford, MN (Rushford-Peterson) - HUDL
                          Offers: NDSU
                          RB - Xandr'e McCleary, 6'1" 227, Oviedo, FL - HUDL
                          Offers: Florida Atlantic, Louisville
                          WR - Stanley Berryhill, 5'9" 163, Tucson, AZ (Mountain View) - HUDL
                          WR - Wisdom Jenkins, 6'3" 190, Winter Park, FL (Lake Howell) - HUDL
                          WR - Vincent Ohlman, 6'3" 185, Central City, NE - HUDL
                          WR -
                          Sterling Smith, 6'3" 210, Lincoln, NE (Southeast) - HUDL
                          Offers: UNI, NDSU
                          WR - Quian Williams, 6'1" 171, Moore, OK - HUDL
                          Offers: Wyoming, Sam Houston State, Northeastern State
                          WR - Derrick Wright, 5'9" 175, St. Petersburg, FL (Northside Christian) -
                          HUDL
                          Final List
                          Noah Carlson is waiting. Has DivI track offers as well.
                          Stanley Berryhill signed to Pima Community College.
                          Wisdom Jenkins signed to West Liberty.
                          Quian Williams signed to Eastern Michigan.

Comment

First, I just want to say thanks to GopherHole and the rest of the folks that really tracked down the verbals this year. It was a fun recruitment season because there was so much momentum and excitement from the coaches. Twitter has obviously changed how recruitment and signing day work.

Second, this is a hell of a class. Yes, we won't truly know for 3-5 years what the true value of this class is but it sure is fun to dream now. You heard Coach Stig in the video talk about "Difference Makers". I've heard from a coach that they honestly think they have 8-9 of these players this year. Most classes are lucky to have 3. I tried to come up with my personal "Top 5" in the class but I couldn't.

The bad news... NDSU and USD also have excellent classes on paper. It should be fun watching these recruitment battles in future years!

Comment

We shall see. These kids now days get way more coverage than they used to get even 5 years ago. The fact is most of the best players never received much recognition. Work hard, win games

LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                                First, I just want to say thanks to GopherHole and the rest of the folks that really tracked down the verbals this year. It was a fun recruitment season because there was so much momentum and excitement from the coaches. Twitter has obviously changed how recruitment and signing day work.

Second, this is a hell of a class. Yes, we won't truly know for 3-5 years what the true value of this class is but it sure is fun to dream now. You heard Coach Stig in the video talk about "Difference Makers". I've heard from a coach that they honestly think they have 8-9 of these players this year. Most classes are lucky to have 3. I tried to come up with my personal "Top 5" in the class but I couldn't.

The bad news... NDSU and USD also have excellent classes on paper. It should be fun watching these recruitment battles in future years!
                                Coach Stig was on the halftime show of the men's basketball game tonight. He made a comment that he thought there could be as many as 5 guys from this class contribute this season. Seemed really happy with the class.

Comment

Working...
                                X