• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoVaJack
    replied
    Re: GDT: State at NDSU - Playoff Edition

Originally posted by goon View Post
    The one thing I didn't like seeing on D was the linebackers covering the wrs on the deep passes not sure how we got some out of position so much. Those plays really hurt us. Overall though it was a much better effort on D I felt compared to last time up there. Hard to be upset with being so close but man it gets old losing to those guys.
    Or a counter point is it's not hard to be so upset to be so close and not win. This team deserved better and had a chance to make a play and just couldn't get it done. Feel awful for the seniors.
    No more moral victories against these guys.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
    Because our pitiful pass rush wasn't getting it done with 4 or more rushers so in theory more people in coverage should have come up with some PBU's.
    Didn't happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The one thing I didn't like seeing on D was the linebackers covering the wrs on the deep passes not sure how we got some out of position so much. Those plays really hurt us. Overall though it was a much better effort on D I felt compared to last time up there. Hard to be upset with being so close but man it gets old losing to those guys.

Leave a comment:

• BitsTD
    replied

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    Question: Why did we rush with 2-3 guys the last series?
    Because our pitiful pass rush wasn't getting it done with 4 or more rushers so in theory more people in coverage should have come up with some PBU's.
    Didn't happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• NoVaJack
    replied

Holding off replying on purpose.
    Statement and question.
    No such thing as moral victory any more.

Quesion: Why did we rush with 2-3 guys the last series?

Leave a comment:

• gabe01
    replied

Gotta say that was one of the best home games I've every seen live. I thought you guys had us. That must sting. I'm glad to see the expectations are going up and your not about moral victories. Gotta say I'll miss seeing Zenner. He's the dude but the future is pretty good for you guys.

Leave a comment:

• BigGoosie13
    replied

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    I hope not. We've yet to make it out of the second round of the playoffs. As much as us fans would like to think most of the nation thinks SDSU football is irrelevant.
    I said "Athletics"...as in football, m+w basketball, baseball, soccer, wrestling, cross country, and hopefully soon track and field. Also as in the SJAC, Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium, the soon to be renovated Frost, the ever expanding ERV. As in the largest season ticket holder numbers we've ever seen in school history for Football, Basketball, and probably wrestling.

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied
    GDT: State at NDSU - Playoff Edition

I hope not. We've yet to make it out of the second round of the playoffs. As much as us fans would like to think most of the nation thinks SDSU football is irrelevant.
    I get what you're saying, but let's be honest; "most of the nation" definitely thinks ALL FCS football is irrelevant! It is what it is. Hence the reason the playoff quarterfinals have to be searched out on something called ESPN3.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
    We are in a golden era of Jackrabbit Athletics, and here's to hoping it continues!!!

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

We put up today! Could argue we should have won that game but defense wins championships and ours has been suspect all year. The defense was ok today just didnt step up at crunch time.

I worry we arent as close to ndsu as some may think. NDSU graduated a ton of seniors from their title runs. They were supposed to be down this year and we were loaded with stud seniors. Still couldnt get over the hump.

Gotta figure out how to close that gap.

Also the coaching staff deserves credit for the game plan. The wildcat wrinkle today was money! First time in recent memory memory I can remember the coaching staff putting in a wrinkle.
    So close today but still ndsu is better. That's why I think this loss hurts for this reason. We just graduated and saw 3 of the best ever to play at sdsu and never beat ndsu in 7 tries, granted 4 of the last 5 I think were in fargo. We have question marks all over the place going into next year. QB, defense, runningback, yet ndsu will arguably be better next year. Don't want to take away from what these guys did becuse we will probably not see the numbers like those again soon. But I hope I am wrong. Would love to see the next QB come in and break some of sumners records and the next running back go for more then 2000 yards again too but that will be hard to replace those guys. Gonna miss sumners big arm and throws down the field and gonna miss zzenners 80 and 90 yard touchdown runs. They were a special group and I suspect even bigger things ahead for this senior class.

Leave a comment:

• Prairiehaas
    replied

Damn disappointing to see this team go straight up against three time defending champions and come away just short. A heartbreaker to watch. Quite proud of this team and especially the seniors that have brought the program so far along.

To the Bison fans, you know the Jackrabbits are coming. The competition is just to the south and catching up.

To those that have said State football has never been relevant, take off and take your losing record with you.

Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!

Leave a comment:

• BigGoosie13
    replied

The o-line played great, Zenner was awesome, and our play calling was unreal. The wildcat with 3 rb's was freaking awesome, the Bison never fully adjusted to it. I wonder how long the staff has been sitting on that wildcat package? On the defensive side, the d-line was great and Jesse Bobbit probably played the best game of his young career today. The boys tackled much better than they did against MSU, that was the difference between this game and the first one. All special teams were great and the block on Butler's long return helped swing the momentum of the game.

Not many teams can fall behind by two touchdowns in the Fargodome and have the lead with 3 minutes left in the game. This team showed real backbone and moxy to fight back like we die...every player, parent, coach, and fan should be proud of this team.

I've already said it once in this thread, but thank you seniors, thank you for all the work you put in during the last 2-5 years. Thank you for pulling us from the doldrums of back-to-back losing seasons, thank you for taking us to the highest heights in our programs history, thank you for starting a new tradition of winning, thank you for raising our expectations as a fan base.

We are in a golden era of Jackrabbit Athletics, and here's to hoping it continues!!!

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

We put up today! Could argue we should have won that game but defense wins championships and ours has been suspect all year. The defense was ok today just didnt step up at crunch time.

I worry we arent as close to ndsu as some may think. NDSU graduated a ton of seniors from their title runs. They were supposed to be down this year and we were loaded with stud seniors. Still couldnt get over the hump.

Gotta figure out how to close that gap.

Also the coaching staff deserves credit for the game plan. The wildcat wrinkle today was money! First time in recent memory memory I can remember the coaching staff putting in a wrinkle.

Leave a comment:

• 1bizon1
    replied

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    A great game when you get down to it. I can't complain about anything except the final score. I had a good time.....cargo dome might want to get that scoreboard looked at....it was driving people nuts......
    I have never seen the scoreboard have problems like it did today. Maybe it was in "meltdown" due to the game on the field? LOL Hope all Jacks fans made it home safely!!

Leave a comment:

• NDB
    replied

Great game by the Jacks - coaches and players.

Leave a comment:

• HandoEX
    replied

Great game today. The Jacks came to play and impressed the hell out of me. Wow.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X