X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: State at NDSU - Playoff Edition

Holding off replying on purpose.
    Statement and question.
    No such thing as moral victory any more.

Quesion: Why did we rush with 2-3 guys the last series?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
      Question: Why did we rush with 2-3 guys the last series?
      Because our pitiful pass rush wasn't getting it done with 4 or more rushers so in theory more people in coverage should have come up with some PBU's.
      Didn't happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
        Because our pitiful pass rush wasn't getting it done with 4 or more rushers so in theory more people in coverage should have come up with some PBU's.
        Didn't happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        The one thing I didn't like seeing on D was the linebackers covering the wrs on the deep passes not sure how we got some out of position so much. Those plays really hurt us. Overall though it was a much better effort on D I felt compared to last time up there. Hard to be upset with being so close but man it gets old losing to those guys.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          The one thing I didn't like seeing on D was the linebackers covering the wrs on the deep passes not sure how we got some out of position so much. Those plays really hurt us. Overall though it was a much better effort on D I felt compared to last time up there. Hard to be upset with being so close but man it gets old losing to those guys.
          Or a counter point is it's not hard to be so upset to be so close and not win. This team deserved better and had a chance to make a play and just couldn't get it done. Feel awful for the seniors.
          No more moral victories against these guys.

Comment

I have to post this again... **** refs. They screwed up what was probably a top 5 game I've ever been too. Seriously I've never come out of a game so angry after a win.

You can honestly say the refs cost SDSU the game or NDSU the game had we lost. They had that big if an impact on a game where both teams were playing their hearts out. So bull**** .
            2011, '12, '13, '14, '15, '17 '18 & '19 FCS National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by marenlee View Post
              Typical. Combing through posts only reading what you want to. There's only a FEW people talking like that. And most people bitching about the officiating are not crediting that for the close game.
              Kudos to the Bison but I call absolute Baloney on this; go read your own board. At least half the posts over the last few hours have been about the officiating and a lot implies that the game was close only as a result of the refs. (See the whiney post below; WHAT game was this guy watching? Does ANYONE honestly think the refs kept the Jack in the game?). Had the Jacks hung on and won is there anyone on this board who doesn't think a lot of the commentary over on B-Ville would have come on the officialting? Decent Bizun posters that come on here excepted, the whining over on that board about officiating is just really old. Win with grace and give your opponents their due.

Recent post on B-Ville:

I'll say it. While we all respect SDSU the officials really did make it closer than it was. Delay of game erases their 2nd TD and stupid PI calls gifted them their 3rd TD.
              Granted, we didn't really put up much of a brick wall inside the 10 like we usually do but if they had to get those yards on their own, it may not have happened.

Comment

Everyone has summed up this game well. Heartbreaker.

Gall dang Wentz was composed back there, especially that last drive. I knew we left them to much time.

Just watching highlights on espn...that one hand Weineke catch in the 3rd quarter on 3rd and 15 to save the pick was insane. Have had to rewind about 6 times to see it again. Missed that one live. Glad we get to watch him for 3 more years.

The other play I've never seen us run that I loved loved loved was that mis-direction when Sumner and Zenner both would fade one way and last second before the hand off Zenner would cut back. Lawd that was great.

Too bad the end result was the same. It's a damn shame these guys don't get a few more games.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The officiating was a joke but there were a lot of bad/questionable calls both ways, both teams deserved better. That crew was an embarrassment. That said these two teams shouldn't have even been playing each other today to begin with.

That said, congrats on a good season, was fun watching Zenner and Sumner compete against the Bison all these years. Great players and really great classy guys, wish them nothing but the best in whatever they do next.

Both teams played at a very high level today and left it all out on the field. It felt like the seminfinal game we had against GSU a few years back, just an intense slugfest of a game.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                    Everyone has summed up this game well. Heartbreaker.

Gall dang Wentz was composed back there, especially that last drive. I knew we left them to much time.

Just watching highlights on espn...that one hand Weineke catch in the 3rd quarter on 3rd and 15 to save the pick was insane. Have had to rewind about 6 times to see it again. Missed that one live. Glad we get to watch him for 3 more years.

The other play I've never seen us run that I loved loved loved was that mis-direction when Sumner and Zenner both would fade one way and last second before the hand off Zenner would cut back. Lawd that was great.

Too bad the end result was the same. It's a damn shame these guys don't get a few more games.
                    Wentz was composed because he had just under a decade to throw the ball. We had virtually zero pass rush the entire game. The only time I can remember us blitzing Wentz busted that big scramble for a TD. Can't expect our DBs and LBs to cover as long as we did yesterday.

Our lack of pressure was a big reason we lost yesterday. Looking at the season stats we had a grand total of 15 sacks. Thats pitiful. Looked back and thats the fewest we've had in a season at least since 2007. I'd venture to guess that ranks pretty high on the list of fewest sacks ever in SDSU history.

Comment

Originally posted by gabe01 View Post
                      Gotta say I'll miss seeing Zenner. He's the dude but the future is pretty good for you guys.
                      Don't worry, we have 4 more years of Zenner. :-)

Comment

If only Sumner would've seen Zenner in the flat on the last pick...who knows. Great game fellas.
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          Wentz was composed because he had just under a decade to throw the ball. We had virtually zero pass rush the entire game. The only time I can remember us blitzing Wentz busted that big scramble for a TD. Can't expect our DBs and LBs to cover as long as we did yesterday.

Our lack of pressure was a big reason we lost yesterday. Looking at the season stats we had a grand total of 15 sacks. Thats pitiful. Looked back and thats the fewest we've had in a season at least since 2007. I'd venture to guess that ranks pretty high on the list of fewest sacks ever in SDSU history.
                          Probably too soon to even discuss this, but what can I say, I'm excited about next year -- do you think younger DL players on roster like Pupungatoa have potential to improve pass rush, or do Jacks need to go juco route and hope to find another Peete?

Comment

Maybe we need to allow Sam Zenner to get oriented at SDSU. The kid is still in high school. Lets hope he turns out to be as successful as his brother. Mengarelli looks to have some things that Zack Zenner did not have such as more quickness. I don't think we will miss a beat in terms of rushing next year. I too will miss ZZ and his character of integrity and his athletic ability.

Comment

Mengarelli quicker than Zenner? Ummm...no.
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                                Mengarelli quicker than Zenner? Ummm...no.
                                Maybe what I am seeing is that Mengarelli has a way of making the tacklers miss. I like him as a player, but yes I will miss ZZ.

Comment

Working...
                                X