Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: State at NDSU - Playoff Edition

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Many on Bisonville so classless. No credit to the Jacks and officials kept us in the game.
    Typical. Combing through posts only reading what you want to. There's only a FEW people talking like that. And most people bitching about the officiating are not crediting that for the close game.

Comment

So this is what having a buffalo rip your heart out feels like.
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Great game that had my pacing the living room and punching the couch. The Wildcat was driving me nuts as I kept telling myself "There is no way SDSU could make this work." Then after Zenner ran it in, all I could think was "There is no way we can stop the Wildcat." I think everything was all summed up with Coach K's and Stig's post game handshake. Great respect between the two ball coaches and programs.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
          Just leaving Fargo. What a deflating feeling. Thanks seniors for the fun. Lots to build on and look forward to. New facilities and great young players. We will get over the hump. Today felt like our day but it wasn't. I'm glad I was here for it.

Great meeting with Slosho, TransAm, and 1Bison1 today. Thanks for the beer.
          Great meeting you too Westside. You and the Jacks fans are Class 1 all the way! Too bad somebody had to lose this game. Hope all of you made it home safely!!

Comment

Great game today. The Jacks came to play and impressed the hell out of me. Wow.

Comment

Great game by the Jacks - coaches and players.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                A great game when you get down to it. I can't complain about anything except the final score. I had a good time.....cargo dome might want to get that scoreboard looked at....it was driving people nuts......
                I have never seen the scoreboard have problems like it did today. Maybe it was in "meltdown" due to the game on the field? LOL Hope all Jacks fans made it home safely!!

Comment

We put up today! Could argue we should have won that game but defense wins championships and ours has been suspect all year. The defense was ok today just didnt step up at crunch time.

I worry we arent as close to ndsu as some may think. NDSU graduated a ton of seniors from their title runs. They were supposed to be down this year and we were loaded with stud seniors. Still couldnt get over the hump.

Gotta figure out how to close that gap.

Also the coaching staff deserves credit for the game plan. The wildcat wrinkle today was money! First time in recent memory memory I can remember the coaching staff putting in a wrinkle.

Comment

The o-line played great, Zenner was awesome, and our play calling was unreal. The wildcat with 3 rb's was freaking awesome, the Bison never fully adjusted to it. I wonder how long the staff has been sitting on that wildcat package? On the defensive side, the d-line was great and Jesse Bobbit probably played the best game of his young career today. The boys tackled much better than they did against MSU, that was the difference between this game and the first one. All special teams were great and the block on Butler's long return helped swing the momentum of the game.

Not many teams can fall behind by two touchdowns in the Fargodome and have the lead with 3 minutes left in the game. This team showed real backbone and moxy to fight back like we die...every player, parent, coach, and fan should be proud of this team.

I've already said it once in this thread, but thank you seniors, thank you for all the work you put in during the last 2-5 years. Thank you for pulling us from the doldrums of back-to-back losing seasons, thank you for taking us to the highest heights in our programs history, thank you for starting a new tradition of winning, thank you for raising our expectations as a fan base.

We are in a golden era of Jackrabbit Athletics, and here's to hoping it continues!!!

Comment

Damn disappointing to see this team go straight up against three time defending champions and come away just short. A heartbreaker to watch. Quite proud of this team and especially the seniors that have brought the program so far along.

To the Bison fans, you know the Jackrabbits are coming. The competition is just to the south and catching up.

To those that have said State football has never been relevant, take off and take your losing record with you.

Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!
                      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        We put up today! Could argue we should have won that game but defense wins championships and ours has been suspect all year. The defense was ok today just didnt step up at crunch time.

I worry we arent as close to ndsu as some may think. NDSU graduated a ton of seniors from their title runs. They were supposed to be down this year and we were loaded with stud seniors. Still couldnt get over the hump.

Gotta figure out how to close that gap.

Also the coaching staff deserves credit for the game plan. The wildcat wrinkle today was money! First time in recent memory memory I can remember the coaching staff putting in a wrinkle.
                        So close today but still ndsu is better. That's why I think this loss hurts for this reason. We just graduated and saw 3 of the best ever to play at sdsu and never beat ndsu in 7 tries, granted 4 of the last 5 I think were in fargo. We have question marks all over the place going into next year. QB, defense, runningback, yet ndsu will arguably be better next year. Don't want to take away from what these guys did becuse we will probably not see the numbers like those again soon. But I hope I am wrong. Would love to see the next QB come in and break some of sumners records and the next running back go for more then 2000 yards again too but that will be hard to replace those guys. Gonna miss sumners big arm and throws down the field and gonna miss zzenners 80 and 90 yard touchdown runs. They were a special group and I suspect even bigger things ahead for this senior class.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                          We are in a golden era of Jackrabbit Athletics, and here's to hoping it continues!!!
                          I hope not. We've yet to make it out of the second round of the playoffs. As much as us fans would like to think most of the nation thinks SDSU football is irrelevant.

Comment

• GDT: State at NDSU - Playoff Edition

I hope not. We've yet to make it out of the second round of the playoffs. As much as us fans would like to think most of the nation thinks SDSU football is irrelevant.
                            I get what you're saying, but let's be honest; "most of the nation" definitely thinks ALL FCS football is irrelevant! It is what it is. Hence the reason the playoff quarterfinals have to be searched out on something called ESPN3.

Comment

I said "Athletics"...as in football, m+w basketball, baseball, soccer, wrestling, cross country, and hopefully soon track and field. Also as in the SJAC, Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium, the soon to be renovated Frost, the ever expanding ERV. As in the largest season ticket holder numbers we've ever seen in school history for Football, Basketball, and probably wrestling.

Comment

Gotta say that was one of the best home games I've every seen live. I thought you guys had us. That must sting. I'm glad to see the expectations are going up and your not about moral victories. Gotta say I'll miss seeing Zenner. He's the dude but the future is pretty good for you guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X