Dakota Marker - 2014 Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dakota Marker - 2014 Edition

31-7 folks. That's hard for me to accept. I'm not looking for anyone to persuade me to believe otherwise. The Bison kicked the Jackrabbits butts, admit it. Nothing more positive came out of this game than did negative in the loss on Hobo day. Having Sumner back is great for the offense, he doesn't play D. Jacks got CRUSHED in the 2nd half and lost.

I hate losing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jackmd; 11-01-2014, 07:22 PM.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

• Re: Dakota Marker - 2014 Edition

Win the rest and see what happens. Sumner got hurt early and that sucks...what could have been. He is back and he showed how much experience counts. Win three and we will see. Some of us have a tendency to over-react and then apologize. All we have to do is get into the play-offs and then it's a whole new season with several key people back and ready to roll.
      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

You're team played tough...not sure what happened in the second half...if the d tired out or what. I do agree with Thesocalledfan and numerous posters here...that deep (low percentage play) pass on 4th and 1 (when you have a quality back like Zenner) was quite stupid. Made me laugh when jackmd said it was a good call...and then later said he knows football. That is some good humor right there folks.

Anyway, your team played hard as always, and the score did not reflect the battle...it was very close going into the 4th. Good luck the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
          You're team played tough...not sure what happened in the second half...if the d tired out or what. I do agree with Thesocalledfan and numerous posters here...that deep (low percentage play) pass on 4th and 1 (when you have a quality back like Zenner) was quite stupid. Made me laugh when jackmd said it was a good call...and then later said he knows football. That is some good humor right there folks.

Anyway, your team played hard as always, and the score did not reflect the battle...it was very close going into the 4th. Good luck the rest of the season.
          I watched on Midco and I think I saw a couple of times a BIG BIRD WANNABE.

thanks for the kind comments.

Comment

You guys have a solid team and they are more physical and tougher than I expected. If you win out I think you'll see a playoff win or two. Good luck the rest of the way.

Comment

The one thing I can't get over or figure out is how a game at this level can have 2 total penalties. It sure looked like there were plenty of other things that could have been called, but 2 penalties the whole game. Wow. It obviously didn't cost the game, but the players, coaches, and fans deserve better officiating.

Comment

Originally posted by Reality View Post
                The one thing I can't get over or figure out is how a game at this level can have 2 total penalties. It sure looked like there were plenty of other things that could have been called, but 2 penalties the whole game. Wow. It obviously didn't cost the game, but the players, coaches, and fans deserve better officiating.
                Pretty sure there were only two penalties last week in the Youngstown game as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                  Sheesh. You guys can't even let us win in our dreams without making excuses. Did the refs screw the Bison somehow as well?
                  So how's the day been for you?
                  BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

I did find that interesting as well. I did read a few comments about holding, and we all know about how Bisonville has talked about penalties. Anyway, there is a ref on bv and he has explained "holding" a few times and told us how what appears to be holding to fans in actuality is legal. It was quite interesting, but I do admit I've forgotten a fair portion of it already. I also have not seen the replay yet so I do not know about the plays in question...just stating that what the average fan, and announcer, think is holding generally isn't.

Comment

I did find that interesting as well. I did read a few comments about holding, and we all know about how Bisonville has talked about penalties. Anyway, there is a ref on bv and he has explained "holding" a few times and told us how what appears to be holding to fans in actuality is legal. It was quite interesting, but I do admit I've forgotten a fair portion of it already. I also have not seen the replay yet so I do not know about the plays in question...just stating that what the average fan, and announcer, think is holding generally isn't.
                      I know Stig's asking for a review of down on the 1yard play was all a waste of time. But like your announcers said, being competitive you have to ask for those things. It would have been nice to have that declared a fumble, clearly Crockett had his knee down.

Comment

Between the shoulder pads is not holding. When a player gets his hands on the outside of the shoulders or pads, that is when it is called. For lineman they can hold between the shoulder pads on the inside.

Comment

Seems the Bison fans have some answers, so here are some more questions for you all:

1) Define "targeting" - is that helmet to helmet or something else?
                          2) Is offensive holding defined the same as defensive holding on a wide receiver?
                          3) Who designed the parking lot and construction around the Fargodome? Unbelievably, it takes 30 - 40 minutes to get out of it after the game.

Comment

Seems the Bison fans have some answers, so here are some more questions for you all:

1) Define "targeting" - is that helmet to helmet or something else?
                            2) Is offensive holding defined the same as defensive holding on a wide receiver?
                            3) Who designed the parking lot and construction around the Fargodome? Unbelievably, it takes 30 - 40 minutes to get out of it after the game.
                            Lets hope we have the same problem on Nov 15 and 22nd. Reference to No 3.

Comment

Our defense is terrible. Even if we win the next three weeks and get an at large berth we wont be making any noise in the playoffs with our defense playing like they have been playing.

How long has Clint Brown been the D coordinator?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                                Our defense is terrible. Even if we win the next three weeks and get an at large berth we wont be making any noise in the playoffs with our defense playing like they have been playing.

How long has Clint Brown been the D coordinator?
                                Since Brubak left. Maybe two years.

Comment

Working...
                                X