Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 10/4/14 vs. Illinois State RedBirds

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    A top 15 team would not completely embarrass itself like that. Losing a road game is one thing. This was something more. Both ISU teams should leap over the top of us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Spot on. Jacks proved to be overrated as most of us suspected. Polls always have past season bias. Both ISU teams have accomplished much more than UNI and SDSU and both are top 10 in my opinion, jacks should fall to about 20th deservedly so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Awful day. But next week is a new opportunity and I will be in Brookings expecting to see a well played game against Missouri State. I hope that the Red Birds do well from here on out and are one of at least 4 teams representing the Valley in the playoffs in November.
      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

This was the Jacks worst performance in the MVFC. You can't give the ball away 3 times in the first quarter and beat a good team. No chance. They got a short field on both fumbles and punched us in the mouth. The 90 yd drive after the pick and SDSU was dead, done. Our guys got their butts squarely kicked. Illinois St smelled blood and they went for it. Stig and his coaches can learn a little bit from that. Too often Jackrabbit teams have had similar chances to bury teams and haven't done it. Spack had these guys ready and they deserved to win.

A loss is a loss. 0-1 whether you lose by 1 or 35. Still very concerning the way the defense looked. Stopped nothing today. They ran for 350 yards people. 350 yards on the ground. That cannot happen. The dominated the LOS and made our defense look weak, really weak. MVFC teams can run and it looks like SDSU can't stop the run. That does not bode well for the conference season.

Special teams sucked again as I was afraid they would. Jacks can't cover kickoffs. How the heck is that possible?? Stay in your lanes, contain, tackle the return man. SDSU lead in TOP, same # of first downs and threw for 300 yards. Lost because we couldn't stop the run, special teams, and of course turnovers.

That was a HORRIBLE and I mean HORRIBLE performance. No excuses, reallly nothing positive to take from it. Coaches failed, players failed, a totally wasted opportunity to position the team in the conference race. Its over, get better, win this week.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Team and coaches appeared way too tight! They must have been following the posters on here calling for a must win. Coaches need to get the players back to playing one snap at a time and not thinking about the score or even going 1 and 0.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
            I motion to not wear yellow pants again, the yellow pants clearly did us in today.
            That would do it. Blues are a lot better on the road. Plus I forgot to put the sdsu sign in the yard this morning before I went to work might have had something to do with it.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              This was the Jacks worst performance in the MVFC. You can't give the ball away 3 times in the first quarter and beat a good team. No chance. They got a short field on both fumbles and punched us in the mouth. The 90 yd drive after the pick and SDSU was dead, done. Our guys got their butts squarely kicked. Illinois St smelled blood and they went for it. Stig and his coaches can learn a little bit from that. Too often Jackrabbit teams have had similar chances to bury teams and haven't done it. Spack had these guys ready and they deserved to win.

A loss is a loss. 0-1 whether you lose by 1 or 35. Still very concerning the way the defense looked. Stopped nothing today. They ran for 350 yards people. 350 yards on the ground. That cannot happen. The dominated the LOS and made our defense look weak, really weak. MVFC teams can run and it looks like SDSU can't stop the run. That does not bode well for the conference season.

Special teams sucked again as I was afraid they would. Jacks can't cover kickoffs. How the heck is that possible?? Stay in your lanes, contain, tackle the return man. SDSU lead in TOP, same # of first downs and threw for 300 yards. Lost because we couldn't stop the run, special teams, and of course turnovers.

That was a HORRIBLE and I mean HORRIBLE performance. No excuses, reallly nothing positive to take from it. Coaches failed, players failed, a totally wasted opportunity to position the team in the conference race. Its over, get better, win this week.
              Yeah and its not like we had to weeks to get ready for this game either. Apprently beating 2 avg big sky teams doesn't mean much when it comes to MVFC games. We were not prepared.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                No big deal, let's move on and win next week.

I couldn't agree more. Let's not overreact.

LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Facts are facts. React to them however you like.

Next week. I'll be there.

Comment

I get it we lost to a ranked team. And probably a team gonna make big jumps in the polls but is more so how we lost. Because we have a lot more ranked teams left to play. They are the 2nd best team we have played this year and it was rough obviously. I am not surprised we lost but by how we played more so is the concern. Next week doesn't really get easier.

Comment

Since what I really want to say would earn me a lifetime ban, I'll keep it simple: That heartless performance from an unprepared team was wholly unacceptable. End of discussion. If you think otherwise, you're a fool
                      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                        Since what I really want to say would earn me a lifetime ban, I'll keep it simple: That heartless performance from an unprepared team was wholly unacceptable. End of discussion. If you think otherwise, you're a fool
                        It's been a long time since I've posted anything on here other than to make a joke or poke a little fun for the simple reason many of you take my flesh because I'm a Coyote fan. But watching the reaction to your loss by so many of you on here has prompted me to post knowing you'll lambast me anyway, but trying to save the dignity of your team.

i will bet that many of you never played one down in a college football game. You have no clue what it takes to prepare, plan, and train for a game, let alone a season. Some of you are professionals and rely on science for a chain of events that happen in a certain sequence at all times. You think if I do this, then "that" will happen. Or if I do that, "this" will happen. Well I hate to tell you sports, and in particular football doesn't work that way. Sometimes the best laid plans fail for whatever reason. Do you really think your head coach woke up last Monday morning and said there's no reason to get this team ready for Illinois State? Do you think your players said to themselves that yes they'll fly out to Normal this weekend, but deep down we don't give a crap if we play well or win?

Wake up will you. In the words of Forest Gump...." **** happens "

There will be Saturdays where Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, USC, UCLA, and Oregon lose. All in the same day. Do you think Saban intentionally planned to lose? Or a Stoops didn't prepare? Hell no. There are just times where it wasn't meant to be. As athletes it's hard to explain, maybe tougher as coaches. But sometimes for whatever reason it doesn't go according to plan. But all you see is whatever it is you want to see. Blame Stig. Blame Zenner. Blame your QB. Blame whoever you want, but don't think for a moment your team sees it like you do. They don't, and other than trying to win your approval as fans cheering them on to play, they dont give a crap what you think. You didn't go through 2 a days in 100 degree heat. You didn't ache so bad you could hardly move. You aren't away from home for weeks away from your family. The only price you pay is the season ticket price and whatever donation you make to buy those tickets. And many of you, like any other fan base, complain about that.

Unless you are in and around that locker room on a daily or regular basis, you don't know why what happened today. And even if you are around it you can't explain it either. It happens. And I will bet it happens again. Quit your whining and accept what happened and get ready for next Saturday. It might be Stigs fault, but I bet it isn't. It might be your teams attitude, but I bet it isn't. It might be just how college football is....yep, I'd bet on that.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                          It's been a long time since I've posted anything on here other than to make a joke or poke a little fun for the simple reason many of you take my flesh because I'm a Coyote fan. But watching the reaction to your loss by so many of you on here has prompted me to post knowing you'll lambast me anyway, but trying to save the dignity of your team.

i will bet that many of you never played one down in a college football game. You have no clue what it takes to prepare, plan, and train for a game, let alone a season. Some of you are professionals and rely on science for a chain of events that happen in a certain sequence at all times. You think if I do this, then "that" will happen. Or if I do that, "this" will happen. Well I hate to tell you sports, and in particular football doesn't work that way. Sometimes the best laid plans fail for whatever reason. Do you really think your head coach woke up last Monday morning and said there's no reason to get this team ready for Illinois State? Do you think your players said to themselves that yes they'll fly out to Normal this weekend, but deep down we don't give a crap if we play well or win?

There will be Saturdays where Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, USC, UCLA, and Oregon lose. All in the same day. Do you think Saban intentionally planned to lose? Or a Stoops didn't prepare? Hell no. There are just times where it wasn't meant to be. As athletes it's hard to explain, maybe tougher as coaches. But sometimes for whatever reason it doesn't go according to plan. But all you see is whatever it is you want to see. Blame Stig. Blame Zenner. Blame your QB. Blame whoever you want, but don't think for a moment your team sees it like you do. They don't, and other than trying to win your approval as fans cheering them on to play, they dont give a crap what you think. You didn't go through 2 a days in 100 degree heat. You didn't ache so bad you could hardly move. You aren't away from home for weeks away from your family. The only price you pay is the season ticket price and whatever donation you make to buy those tickets. And many of you, like any other fan base, complain about that.

Unless you are in and around that locker room on a daily or regular basis, you don't know why what happened today. And even if you are around it you can't explain it either. It happens. And I will bet it happens again. Quit your whining and accept what happened and get ready for next Saturday. It might be Stigs fault, but I bet it isn't. It might be your teams attitude, but I bet it isn't. It might be just how college football is....yep, I'd bet on that.
                          Well spoken yoteforever and you earned some repetation points from yours truly. I have one lingering question that does not seem to want to go away. Is SDSU that bad of a team or is ISUr that good of a team. The answer lies somewhere in the middle. With this crazy incomplete round robin, ISUr probably does not play NDSU this year, but if they did and played like they did yesterday they would have beaten the Bison. The Bison would have, as we did, dig ourselves in a hole that they could not get out of. That was good defense by Ill State plus they converted on the turnovers we gave up. They held us to 10 and what wins games? I think defense is the answer. Lets move on.
                          Last edited by Nidaros; 10-05-2014, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                            I see that this is your first post since the last time the Jacks lost.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post

Thank you - and you can add BYU and Wisconsin to your list of ranked team that lost. And at least half of those teams lost to unranked teams. And many of them played on their home fields.

Comment

Analyzing out two losses, our focus and game plan appeared off, which wasn't the case in Mizzou. It happens when players try to do to much and coaches worry about too many minor details. Moving on to Misery State.

Comment

Working...
                                X