Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
    I can't believe some of the whining going on
    [Citation Needed]
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

• Re: 2016 Recruiting List

I can't believe some of the whining going on about losing a prized recruit last minute before NSD. Welcome to the world of upper level college recruiting. Put your big boy pants on.
      I haven't seen much on this thread that I would classify as "whining". Honestly, I anticipated more outrage when I saw the flip. The first handful of comments commended the young man on making an academic choice, the next line of comments are conversing about the offerings at the different universities.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
        I haven't seen much on this thread that I would classify as "whining". Honestly, I anticipated more outrage when I saw the flip. The first handful of comments commended the young man on making an academic choice, the next line of comments are conversing about the offerings at the different universities.
        According to Bisonville (I know a reliable resource) the did not offer the young because of a shoulder injury.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
          That's what I've read too. Not much whining at all that I can tell.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            [Citation Needed]
            Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            One thing this does is bring into question the recruiting process. This isn't an attack on USD, but at what point should coaches quit recruiting a kid that has committed. The fact that he committed to SDSU was public knowledge yet USD still pursued him. Seems a little unethical to me although in this case it appears this is the best place for him to get his education so maybe this is an exception.
            Originally posted by Kemo View Post
            Nah, he switched because Bob and him saw eye to eye on a lot of things. Particularly on how it's okay to go back out on your word after telling a team you'll be with them for the upcoming season.

He shouldn't have too much trouble passing USD's Business Ethics class either, as long as he studies hard for the "offering illegal contracts" portion of the course.

I'm only kidding (mostly).
            If you can't deal with the unethical portion of college recruiting you don't understand college recruiting.

Edit: Not trying to take a shot at Kemo or Montana, just stating that when you start recruiting elite prospects, you need to be prepared for the unethical side of the recruiting process, including other schools negatively recruiting against SDSU. It's just part of the deal. I don't worry about it, but I have also not come to invest emotionally in the decisions of 17/18 year old men. If they want to go somewhere else, fine, next man in.

Comment

If you can't deal with the unethical portion of college recruiting you don't understand college recruiting.
              I'm glad we have you here to insure we keep the whining to a minimum and college recruiting in perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                According to Bisonville (I know a reliable resource) the did not offer the young because of a shoulder injury.
                The one article about the de-commit mentioned that he dislocated his shoulder three times his senior season and has undergone surgery. It will be interesting to see how that plays out. I know a young man who had similiar problems to the point that his shoulder would pop out with normal activity. He did surgery and got normal function back, but it ended his playing days. This probably isn't as severe a case, but it will be interesting to see how it may affect his playing future.

Comment

Some individuals that were still on our offer list have verballed to FBS schools.

Shawn Pointdexter, WR out of AZ verballed to Arizona.
                  Mike McCoy, RB out of Kansas verballed to Kansas State.
                  Daniel Morris, WR out of MO verballed to Air Force.
                  DJ Davidson, DT out of AZ verballed to Central Florida.

David Engelhaupt, LB/TE got a late offer from Nebraska yesterday and verballed to them (had verballed to Wyoming back in July; also had SDSU offer).
                  Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 02-02-2016, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    I'm glad we have you here to insure we keep the whining to a minimum and college recruiting in perspective.
                    Speaking of whining.........

Comment

Speaking of whining.........
                      Speaking of whining... what wine goes good with pie?
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Y'all are starting to get on my nerves again . . . ***HULK SMASH*** . . . no, no, I've got to keep control . . .
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Tomorrow is signing day. What should we expect? 20-25 or more recruits - scholarship players and walk-ons?
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Any chance we can pull a Cole Brodie again?
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Paddy Devlin just committed.
                              “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Gameday View Post
                                Paddy Devlin just committed.
                                Devlin has been committed since mid Dec., or did he have second thoughts and recommit?

Comment

Working...
                                X