• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruiting List

Pretty sure AJ carries 14 instead of 15 he could

Comment

That's how many AJ carries, but he has the full allotment of 15 schollys if he wants to use them. Personally I think 15 for women's basketball is too many. If you bring that down to 14 or 13 you would see a little more parity in WBB.

Sports that I suspect aren't at the max yet:
      Baseball
      Wrestling
      Track & Field
      Swimming/Diving
      M. Golf
      M. Tennis (maybe women's too)
      Equestrian

Again, they are all likely close to the max but not quite there yet.

Comment

Article on SDSU recruits I thought I'd pass on. http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...sses/80454030/

Comment

Originally posted by Mrmom View Post
          Article on SDSU recruits I thought I'd pass on. http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...sses/80454030/
          That is a really good write up and reminder about putting too much stock into the the stars of recruits. Although I still love recruiting.
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            That is a really good write up and reminder about putting too much stock into the the stars of recruits. Although I still love recruiting.
            Yes recruiting is interesting and it makes you feel good that those who make it are successful on and off the field. In 1953 when I moved to Brookings, I used to watch those big guys come out of Mikes Eat Shoppe which is were Bob Melmer has his barber shop today. Mike Eftimu (sp) was a Greek immigrant who had mouth watering steaks and burgers. Those guys seemed like giants and you almost wanted to salute those SD letterjackets they wore. Some of those did not pan out either. So nothing has changed except the kids looks so damn young now and not grown up like they did in 1953.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrmom View Post
              I disagree with the sentiment that Meuller and LaBlance were mostly backups, I feel that they were both key contributors. Also, it's a potshot to say Herman Kleinsasser couldn't cut it/ didn't pan out, no person should ever have to go through what him and his siblings went through.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                I disagree with the sentiment that Meuller and LaBlance were mostly backups, I feel that they were both key contributors. Also, it's a potshot to say Herman Kleinsasser couldn't cut it/ didn't pan out, no person should ever have to go through what him and his siblings went through.
                I have never heard a story about this, and I'm guessing there is a chance Zimmer wasn't aware of other circumstances surrounding him either.

Comment

Can you shed some light on this?

Comment

I didn't know either. Google Herman Kleinsasser (I'm assuming his father) and you'll get your answer.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                      I didn't know either. Google Herman Kleinsasser (I'm assuming his father) and you'll get your answer.
                      I am good letting that one lie and yeah, no one should have to go through that. I'd suggest no further public comments out of respect for the family and particularly the boy on the topic.

Comment

I never heard of Herman Kleinsasser but with such a traditional German surname, you automatically think Mennonites or Hutterites, and that's what my Google turned up. Several obituaries, but nothing negative. I think we should not spend too much time on those who were not fortunate to find their place at SDSU. They too, have a life and privacy. I will be the one to mention that back when SDSU was on the quarter system, I started my academic career fall of 1959, at at SDSU with a great 1.0 GPA for the fall quarter and .9 GPA for the winter quarter and then left to work for full time in California. No one knows and no one cares because I had zero athletic ability and smoked two packs of smokes a day. I think we make too much of our athletes. Many are successful in life after SDSU. Other do not succeed as an athlete, but are successful in life and then there are those who fail at everything. It really does not matter to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          I never heard of Herman Kleinsasser but with such a traditional German surname, you automatically think Mennonites or Hutterites, and that's what my Google turned up. Several obituaries, but nothing negative. I think we should not spend too much time on those who were not fortunate to find their place at SDSU. They too, have a life and privacy. I will be the one to mention that back when SDSU was on the quarter system, I started my academic career fall of 1959, at at SDSU with a great 1.0 GPA for the fall quarter and .9 GPA for the winter quarter and then left to work for full time in California. No one knows and no one cares because I had zero athletic ability and smoked two packs of smokes a day. I think we make too much of our athletes. Many are successful in life after SDSU. Other do not succeed as an athlete, but are successful in life and then there are those who fail at everything. It really does not matter to me.
                          I agree, as one with an accumulative GPA of 1.7 my freshman year, but graduated with a 3.1, success is not guaranteed with a college education. The fire has to be within you someplace. Despite not being a natural, I credit advanced Army ROTC as being the most useful part of my education. A full semester PE class in wrestling instructed by none other than Warren Williamson was also a turning point. At the end of the semester, Coach singled us out because there was only 3 points that separated us, certainly not to say that we were varsity level.
                          My Jackrabbit yearbooks have disappeared over the years, does anyone remember the name of the Coteau Ranger adviser in 1968. Was it Collins? Always remembered his basset hound getting hung up on the tree row ridges out at Oakwood.

Comment

Where in the article did Zimmer bring up Kleinsasser? I don't find any mention in this article, which I suppose is of interest to those who follow the recruits closely. I don't see the main point of Zim article. Do you? Except maybe some kids work out good and some don't.
                            Last edited by Nidaros; 02-17-2016, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
                              I agree, as one with an accumulative GPA of 1.7 my freshman year, but graduated with a 3.1, success is not guaranteed with a college education. The fire has to be within you someplace. Despite not being a natural, I credit advanced Army ROTC as being the most useful part of my education. A full semester PE class in wrestling instructed by none other than Warren Williamson was also a turning point. At the end of the semester, Coach singled us out because there was only 3 points that separated us, certainly not to say that we were varsity level.
                              My Jackrabbit yearbooks have disappeared over the years, does anyone remember the name of the Coteau Ranger adviser in 1968. Was it Collins? Always remembered his basset hound getting hung up on the tree row ridges out at Oakwood.
                              Boy!! that's only 3 years after I left SDSU and except Col Adams, the rest of the staff are blurry except for Sgt. Walter Herrig who just passed away at age 92. Walt lived up the street from me on 3rd Ave.

Comment

I don't get this post at all. No where and I read Zimmer article three times does Zimmer mention Herman Kleinsasser. So are you the one bringing it up? Was one of his children once a prospect? Where is the pot shot? I don't get it. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X