2016 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruiting List

So the tweet that was sent out by the GoJacksFB account says we are playing Blair Mulholland as a LB. Weird.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      The other month at work doing some trivia and I said I would give them a softball question to start with. Apparently no one at work knows what that refers too. All the females were like thats not fair, its not easy, softball is a hard sport to play.........I had to explain its how easy a question is. easy is softball, hard questions are playing hardball.....Every single one said they had never heard of that before. So obviously no one watches Chris Mathews or have seen his commercials or SNLs spoof on his show.

Anyway back to the question. Have a business component would have been nice for my degree. The rest of my degree is great. Really enjoyed a lot of it. But after being in the working world for a number of years, it seems some business classes would not have been a bad idea.
      Sorry Goon that I did not respond to this sooner, but my mention of softball questions came from the USD board where Cousin Eddy did not like my question about Multi-Year contracts. Anyhow, I thought his objection to the thoughts about a business was a good chance to throw it back at him. And yes softball is a great sport. I just happen to sit by the SDSU softball coach at the endowment banquet. Great conversation and she was anxious to eat, as she and her athletes present had a hard day of practice. I do watch softball on TV when I get a chance. Now back to the recruits, as usual it looks to be a banner class, and the fact that we have 33 out 39 from last year back is another good sign. I love it when we have 20 or more seniors graduate. It means we are doing something right.

BTW, I stopped thinking that Volleyball is a picnic sport.

Comment

If you are on Argus live chat Matt again appears poorly prepared and is just reporting without much insight.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          If you are on Argus live chat Matt again appears poorly prepared and is just reporting without much insight.

That doesn't surprise me a bit
          Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Why do you say that? What kind of insight do you want him to give, he hasn't seen any of these kids play other than the hudl videos you can see yourself.

Dude got up at 4:30 and drove up to Brookings on bad roads so you could get some insight from him and the coaches, and you're complaining about it?

Good grief!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
              Why do you say that? What kind of insight do you want him to give, he hasn't seen any of these kids play other than the hudl videos you can see yourself.

Dude got up at 4:30 and drove up to Brookings on bad roads so you could get some insight from him and the coaches, and you're complaining about it?

Good grief!
              Let the day play out... I guess I've seen improved product from Matt. Grateful for any info.

Comment

a bit early for this isn't it? Zim does a great job of follow up stories, at this point what is there to report beyond who has and has not signed yet? The details come after the fact when can talk about the class as a whole, who they are happy about, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post

Good grief!
                  Kudos to him for getting up in the morning like everyone else and doing his job. Good grief!

Comment

Kudos to him for getting up in the morning like everyone else and doing his job. Good grief!
                    What's with this Holy, Holy, Holy expectation for our AL beat writer? He is human too. Pretty snarky btw.

Comment

It's funny how everyone has a different opinion. I thought Zimmer was doing a good job today.

Anyway, how about those new Jackrabbits? Really like the new class coming in. Every year we get a little bigger, faster, stronger, BETTER!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Did Zim report what type of pens these guys were using to sign their NLOI? Are we signing more Bic recruits or InkJoy recruits? Any fountain pens? How is it almost 10:30 and we don't know this yet? Not real surprised by the lazy reporting. Correction: lack of reporting.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          Did Zim report what type of pens these guys were using to sign their NLOI? Are we signing more Bic recruits or InkJoy recruits? Any fountain pens? How is it almost 10:30 and we don't know this yet? Not real surprised by the lazy reporting. Correction: lack of reporting.
                          That is hilarious! Rep points!

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                            Someone rep this man for me

Comment

Tanner Hawthorne OT committed to Purdue
                              https://twitter.com/TannerH52/status/694918889784877057

It would be nice to add either Markert, Bacon, or Pavlik still to this class. I'd like to see one more big guy in this class. Otherwise, I love it!
                              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I'm not sure what people want from Zimmer anymore. Guy does a good job and really writes in a "homerless" fashion in my opinion. If you want TV back or maybe you can get a job working for him out at Sanford I don't know. Let's be done with the pot shots directed at the guy simply doing his job. Maybe Zimmer can come down to where you work and critique you for a day. That's really more energy than I wanted to spend on this subject.
                                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                                X